Author Topic: GOP senator warns $2K checks can't pass, urges Trump to sign COVID deal  (Read 453 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP senator warns $2K checks can't pass, urges Trump to sign COVID deal
By Jordain Carney - 12/24/20 11:41 AM EST

Sen. Roy Blunt (Mo.), a member of GOP leadership, warned Thursday that President Trump's demand for $2,000 stimulus checks can't pass the Senate and urged him to sign a massive year-end agreement.

Blunt, acknowledging that he has "no idea" what Trump will ultimately do, said that it would be a "mistake" to try to renegotiate the bill, which ties $1.4 trillion to fund the government to $900 billion in long-sought coronavirus relief.

"It took us a long time to get to where we are. I think reopening that bill would be a mistake," Blunt said. "The best way out of this is for the president to sign the bill, and I still hope that's what he decides."

Asked if he knows what the president is going to do, Blunt added: "I have no idea what he plans to do."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/531585-gop-senator-warns-2k-checks-cant-pass-urges-trump-to-sign-covid-deal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: GOP senator warns $2K checks can't pass, urges Trump to sign COVID deal
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2020, 07:40:16 pm »
Blunt can go to Hell.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2020, 07:45:23 pm »
Blunt can go to Hell.

He should go smoke one. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2020, 07:55:21 pm »
To go from everybody kissing your ass to being humored, lectured...dismissed.

Roy explaining to Trump the way things are gonna be from here on in.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 08:06:35 pm »
To go from everybody kissing your ass to being humored, lectured...dismissed.

Roy explaining to Trump the way things are gonna be from here on in.

Come on @FeelNoPain  --- you're not actually betting on Blunt, are you?   :laugh:

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2020, 08:25:51 pm »
Come on @FeelNoPain  --- you're not actually betting on Blunt, are you?   :laugh:

Not if it was just Blunt—he’s less than nothing. But it’s like they all had a cup of courage and are feeling themselves. I’m hoping Trump blows up Loeffler/Perdue to teach Mitch and his crew a lesson.

I’m never gonna think Trump has led a life that demonstrates the fitness to be president but at least he’s authentic. I like him more than the Blunt/Thune/McConnells etc.

"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2020, 09:43:54 pm »

Not if it was just Blunt—he’s less than nothing. But it’s like they all had a cup of courage and are feeling themselves. I’m hoping Trump blows up Loeffler/Perdue to teach Mitch and his crew a lesson.

I’m never gonna think Trump has led a life that demonstrates the fitness to be president but at least he’s authentic. I like him more than the Blunt/Thune/McConnells etc.

Donal J. Trump has turned out to be the biggest breath of fresh air to penetrate that fetid swamp in Washington D. C. in many years and that is why the long knives are determined to get him!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2020, 10:00:10 pm »
Donal J. Trump has turned out to be the biggest breath of fresh air to penetrate that fetid swamp in Washington D. C. in many years and that is why the long knives are determined to get him!
Why now at the end? Trump should have vetoed every bloated bill that was sent to him and force the House and Senate to own the burden they are putting on future generations. Trump is finally......so far, doing what he should have in forcing t5he bloat and taxpayer dollars being gifted to other countries, especially when so little of that debt burden is going to everyday Americans. How can the democrats rationalize to Americans that border walls are not only good for other countries (while bad for America) but that Americans should work and sweat to pay for the border walls in the other countries.

The best thing for America would be for mutated exceptionally fast flesh eating bacteria to have lunch in the House and Senate.  Sorry I have no Christmas good will for those that so badly represent the people they were actually elected to serve.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2020, 10:04:09 pm »
Why now at the end? Trump should have vetoed every bloated bill that was sent to him and force the House and Senate to own the burden they are putting on future generations. Trump is finally......so far, doing what he should have in forcing t5he bloat and taxpayer dollars being gifted to other countries, especially when so little of that debt burden is going to everyday Americans. How can the democrats rationalize to Americans that border walls are not only good for other countries (while bad for America) but that Americans should work and sweat to pay for the border walls in the other countries.

The best thing for America would be for mutated exceptionally fast flesh eating bacteria to have lunch in the House and Senate.  Sorry I have no Christmas good will for those that so badly represent the people they were actually elected to serve.

They KNOW that he would be completely off the chain in a second term and none of them would be safe! @GtHawk
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2020, 10:33:55 pm »
How about selling Covid Bonds to fund the Stimulus?

Like WW II  bonds ?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2020, 10:42:18 pm »
How about selling Covid Bonds to fund the Stimulus?

Like WW II  bonds ?

We could have the Hollywood elite hawk them from coast to coast. Call the Biden Bombs er Bonds
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2020, 11:32:50 pm »
"GOP senator warns $2K checks can't pass, urges Trump to sign COVID deal..."

Then... pass nothing at all.

(Nothing more to be said)