Author Topic: Another new Covid-19 variant has been detected in the UK – here’s what you need to know about it  (Read 302 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Another new Covid-19 variant has been detected in the UK – here’s what you need to know about it

By Shruti Tripathi Chopra

Wednesday December 23, 2020 3:22 pm

Another new strain of Covid-19 has been detected in the UK, which has originated from South Africa, health secretary Matt Hancock announced on 23 December.

All travellers from South Africa in the past two weeks must isolate immediately because of the new strain, he said.

“The new variant makes everything much harder as it spreads faster,” Hancock said.

Dr Susan Hopkins, from Public Health England, told the Number 10 press conference: "We have more evidence on the transmission for the UK variant, because we've been studying that with great detail with academic partners.

"We're still learning about the South African variant. We are pretty confident that the system we have in place will help control the spread."

More of the east and south-east of England will also enter the toughest Tier 4 restrictions on Boxing Day after a spike in cases, he added.

more
https://www.fnlondon.com/articles/a-third-new-covid-19-variant-has-been-detected-in-the-ukheres-what-you-need-to-know-20201223
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Covid killed my Care Bear.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Covid killed my Care Bear.

Governor Cuomo now infusing his COVID-19 madness on nurseries?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.