Author Topic: Rush: Americans Flock to Florida to Escape Lockdowns and Enjoy Living  (Read 589 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Americans Flock to Florida to Escape Lockdowns and Enjoy Living

Dec 23, 2020

RUSH: This is just… What is happening to restaurants and small businesses in a lot of these blue states is inexcusable, and I’ve got two different stories today. I’ve got a story about somebody who was in Florida and was just amazed by how much different life is in Florida — which remains open — from the state she lives in in Virginia.

This is Elle Reynolds, intern at The Federalist. “I Moved from Locked-Down Virginia to Open Florida, and Faces Came Back to Life … It wasn’t until I came home to Florida — where COVID-19 restrictions are much freer and usually left to local government — that I noticed how different life was. … My family went out to dinner the other night at a patio bar overlooking our downtown square, all lit up for Christmas.

“Families took Christmas photos in front of the lighted trees, and others caught rides in horse-drawn carriages circling the block. The patio was packed with guests from a wedding that had just taken place; it was a huge party, unlike the sweet but limited ceremonies my friends were forced to have in Virginia,” where, of course, the governor is Ralph Northam.

She says, “I’ve flown in and out of the Orlando airport all my life, and I’ve never seen it half as crowded as it was this month. I can only guess that people are coming down to Florida because it’s open here. People are taking precautions, sure, but they’re also continuing to live their lives.” We’ve never shut down like this for any pandemic or anything in the history of our country.

She said, “We’re having friends over and going to church. We’re going out for dinner and drinks, and supporting local farmers and artisans. We’re celebrating marriages and smiling at strangers.” Life goes on. Dennis Prager has a similar piece called, “The Sovietization of California.” It’s a graphically dynamic piece. So the darkest days ahead of us don’t have to be.

It doesn’t have to be the case. It’s all how you decide to live your life. But if you live in a state where they’re shutting you down, if you live in a state where you happen to own a small business that is a restaurant or a bar, good luck. Our hearts are with you.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Dennis Prager today at The Daily Signal.com website: “The Sovietization of California.” I just want to share with you some pull quotes, not read the entire thing, because it is well done, it’s well written, and it’s extremely relevant and poignant. He says, “For most Americans, the very name ‘California’ elicited excitement, wonder, even envy of Californians, and most of all … freedom.

“While America always represented freedom, within America, California exemplified freedom most of all.” Now, as somebody who grew up in Missouri and spent the first 20 years of my life there and the only… I mean, I never went to California. I wouldn’t get to go to California ’til — let’s see — 1984, so I would have been 30 before I ever stepped foot in California, and it was not Southern California; it was Sacramento, which turned out to be one of the greatest moves, greatest breaks I’d ever had.

But I can confirm what he’s saying. California, I just knew it from television. I knew it from movies. I had this image of it. The people that lived there, I thought, were hipper and I thought California was just an advanced culture and state — and it was, in many ways, and for most of that time the Republicans ran that state. It’s such an amazing thing, what’s happened politically to California — and actually so rapidly.

He continues here, Prager continues, “[H]ere I am, sitting in a state where corruption reigns … and where, for nine months, normal life has been shut down, schools have been closed, and small businesses have been destroyed in unprecedented numbers. During these last five days in Florida, a state governed by the pro-freedom party, I went anywhere I wanted.

“First and foremost, I could eat both inside and outside restaurants. At one of them, when I stood up to take photos of people dining, a patron who recognized me walked over and said, ‘I assume you’re just taking pictures of people eating in a restaurant.’ That’s exactly what I was doing.” He doesn’t see it in California. It’s not permitted anymore.

“I even took my two grandchildren to a bowling alley, which was filled with people enjoying themselves playing myriad arcade games as well as bowling. None of that is allowed almost anywhere in California. It is becoming a police state, rooted in deception and irrationality. Restaurants have been shut down (except for takeout orders), even for outdoor dining, for no scientific reason.

“After ordering Los Angeles County restaurants closed, the health authorities of Los Angeles County acknowledged in court that they had no evidence that outdoor dining was dangerous; they ordered restaurants closed, even to outdoor dining, solely in order to keep people home. … As a graduate student majoring in communism,” Mr. Prager writes, “during the Cold War, I would travel through the countries known as Soviet satellites:

“Poland, Czechoslovakia, East Germany, Hungary, Romania, and Bulgaria. In the middle of my trips, I would stop in Austria to breathe free air. Never did I imagine I would ever experience anything analogous in America, the Land of the Free, the land of the Statue of Liberty and of the Liberty Bell. But I did yesterday, when leaving Florida and returning to California.”

This is the second article that I have shared with you today about people leaving Florida after experiencing the freedom and joy of being there for four or five days and going home to their respective states. One woman was going back to Virginia, and here’s Prager going back home to California. In both instances, they are revealing the freedoms, the availability of services and restaurants and nothing being shut down in Florida and how life is going on.

It’s unnecessary to live the way they’re being forced to live in Virginia and in California, two states run by Democrats. Prager says, “There is no question that America is becoming, if it hasn’t already become, two countries…” Uh-oh! Are we talking about something here? Are we talking about something that I got ripped to shreds for last week?

“There is no question that America is becoming, if it hasn’t already become, two countries: one that values liberty, from small businesses being allowed to operate to people being allowed to say what they believe, and one that has contempt for liberty, from eating in restaurants to free speech. I am asked almost daily by friends around the country and by callers to my national radio show whether I intend to stay in California.

“Were it not for all the close friends who live here and the synagogue I and a few friends founded, the answer would be no. But at a given point, I am sure that I will leave this Soviet satellite for a free state. The bigger and far more important question is: How long will the Soviet states of America and the free states of America remain the United States of America?”

Oh! Are we…? Are we raising the subject again here? Is Mr. Prager bringing up the dreaded S-word that your host was beaten up so roundly over? I wasn’t even suggesting it. I was simply referencing all the other people who are. “How long will the Soviet states of America and the free states of America remain the United States of America?” That’s Dennis Prager’s piece.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Rush: Americans Flock to Florida to Escape Lockdowns and Enjoy Living
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 09:52:14 pm »
The press hates GOV Desoto. They drool over the latest deaths and increases in the Rona cases and rush to print and the the airwaves to condemn him. "People are dying" they say. "Florida is a super spreader state" they say.  But say what you will, he has kept our State open and free.  Restaurants and bars are open. People are working.  Wear a mask..don't wear a mask.  Even the Karens for the most part have STFU and crawled into a bottle of chardonnay! 

The number of Out of State plates for this time of year is staggering. NY, IL, LA, KY,TN.   They can come but please don't stay.  Go home and fix your own damn states. 
Dont New York Florida.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 10:23:04 pm »
The press hates GOV Desoto. They drool over the latest deaths and increases in the Rona cases and rush to print and the the airwaves to condemn him. "People are dying" they say. "Florida is a super spreader state" they say.  But say what you will, he has kept our State open and free.  Restaurants and bars are open. People are working.  Wear a mask..don't wear a mask.  Even the Karens for the most part have STFU and crawled into a bottle of chardonnay! 

The number of Out of State plates for this time of year is staggering. NY, IL, LA, KY,TN.   They can come but please don't stay.  Go home and fix your own damn states. 
Dont New York Florida.

Mega Dittos. 

Our cases our climbing ... 6% of my county has tested positive but hospitalizations are a fraction of that (so far).

The Florida economy will not survive another lockdown during tourist season -- season is from now until a few weeks after Easter.  That is when businesses here make their money to survive till next year. 

My bet is that DeSantis will get sued by the DEMS.  Then I think we may see all hell break loose. 

The purpose of the lockdown was primarily in the beginning to ensure that there were enough supplies, medicine, ventilators and hospital space available.  That's been taken care of.  We're waiting on shipments of the vaccine.  DeSantis wants those 70 and older vaccinated first ... he's bucking the "system" on that one as well.

Yep masks are mandated in most places, telehealth appointments are new, limited visitation at hospitals, social distancing is practiced in stores, restaurants, bars, theaters, doctor's offices, banks, etc., but we aren't locked down for the most part. 

We don't venture out much; but that is our choice.  We have health issues; it's up to us to protect ourselves and take precautions...just like every other flu season.

Not real fond of the way DeSantis handle the unemployment debacle around here, but I have to give him a pat on the back so far for this one.

BTW .... talked to my friend who owns a real-estate company -- sales are absolutely booming!   I can't believe how much the values of homes have skyrocketed since the Chinese virus hit.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 10:26:41 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 11:29:36 pm »
I would say it is similar here in Georgia.  I think we went 3 or 4 weeks with everything shut down, but reopened since.

But hey, enjoy the freedom, because Biden is promising to shut the whole country down for 3 to 6 months.  Like the good CCP pawn he is, his goal will be to destroy this nation every way possible.

Biden's mindset on asylum is completely unacceptable.  Where the hell is the stinking, worthless Congress?  Republicans better pull their heads out of the sand and tell him to just shut the hell up!

The Senate remains in Republican hands, they best impede this POS at every step, ten times worse than what was done to Trump!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2020, 12:02:30 am »
I would say it is similar here in Georgia.  I think we went 3 or 4 weeks with everything shut down, but reopened since.

But hey, enjoy the freedom, because Biden is promising to shut the whole country down for 3 to 6 months.  Like the good CCP pawn he is, his goal will be to destroy this nation every way possible.

Biden's mindset on asylum is completely unacceptable.  Where the hell is the stinking, worthless Congress?  Republicans better pull their heads out of the sand and tell him to just shut the hell up!

The Senate remains in Republican hands, they best impede this POS at every step, ten times worse than what was done to Trump!

The Senate is still up for grabs depending on what happens in GA; likely fraud will hand it over to the DEMS -- at that point there is no stopping the DEMS.

IF that should happen the ONLY redress we might have is if conservative governors and the people in those states stand strong and resist.  Lots of things Obammy who will be leading from the sidelines can do., but resisting for a little while till we figure out how to save our Republic from there might by us a little time.

Precognitively I forsee possibly an all out battle with door to door confiscation and quarantines. I hope I am wrong.

Praying still that somehow Trump manages to retain his seat and we take GA...God Help Us!!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2020, 07:03:13 am »
The mechanism is in place for the Dems to cheat and steal the elections in Georgia.  We have a Republican Governor and Sec of State in on the cheat, for they literally did nothing to clamp down on the treasonous circumstances.  They will sit by idle once again, Trump will do nothing.  This past November election was the greatest tragedy in the history of the republic.  You say how so?  Because it well mean the end of our republic and establish a process for which there is no return.

Putin controls the election in Russia, and gets elected over and over.  You think that is an honest election?  Hell no!  And that is exactly where we are today with the Dems.  We leave them in the power seat to continue to pull this year after year, and improve their craft for cheating.   This is treason, and all involved should get the rope.  ALL!   But no, we have degenerated into a society that hails the thief, applauds the liar, and denigrates patriots.

The USA completely dies if the Dems sweep Georgia, cheating or legitimate win.  We have never been closer to having the republic flatline!!!