Author Topic: Tier 4 EXTENDED: More of UK plunged into lockdown as 'dangerous' variant out of control  (Read 1145 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tier 4 EXTENDED: More of UK plunged into lockdown as 'dangerous' variant out of control
MATT Hancock has unveiled tightened coronavirus restrictions, putting more areas including much of the south and south-east of England into the highest Tier 4 category - with the Health Secretary warning of a "tough" start to 2021.

By Ciaran McGrath
PUBLISHED: 14:24, Wed, Dec 23, 2020 | UPDATED: 16:48, Wed, Dec 23, 2020

The Government is taking action after the emergence of a new, more contagious coronavirus strain, which most likely originated in Kent - and to complicate matters still further, Mr Hancock also announced details of a third variant which had been identified in South Africa. He told a press briefing: "We have discovered a new more contagious variant which is spreading at a dangerous rate. I know the vast majority of people understand what we need to do to get through this.

more
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1376081/UK-lockdown-news-Matt-Hancock-announcement-today-covid-cases-in-my-area-map-update
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Victoria33

TO ALL:

I get my info. from family in Wales and UK newspapers/BBC.  There are now three strains of COVID there:
1. "Original"
2. "New One 2" found recently.
3. "New One 3" found a few days ago. 

"New One 2" spreads more rapidly than Original.  "New One 3", this one from South Africa, now in England, spreads more rapidly than "New One 2" or "Original".  Children catch "New One 3" more rapidly than "Original" and "New One 2".

Close-downs are like this: There is "Tier One", "Tier Two", "Tier Three", and "Tier Four".  Most of UK and Wales is now "Tier Four".  "Tier Four" is only leave house for food, doctor, individual exercise outdoors.  No gathering of people, none inside, none outside.  The most of "New One 2", is in Wales.  They are "Tier Four".

Today, my son in Wales said this:
"I can only count on being with LInda for the next five days.  If I get it, it takes about five days before I have symptoms.  So, if I have it, I am with Linda right now and for five days more until I have symptoms and have to leave." 

What he said is true.  Everyone now without the disease can count on being with their loved ones today and for five more days.  Who knows if you will start having symptoms on the fifth or sixth day and have to leave your loved ones?  Appreciate being with loved ones right now and for the next five days.  After that, give yourself five more days to be with loved ones.  "Five Days" Plan.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The Government is taking action after the emergence of a new, more contagious coronavirus strain, which most likely originated in Kent

So, it ran amok in Kent
Lately its been over in Mayfair
You better stay away from there
It'll rip your lungs out and put you
on a ventilator
Hunh? I'd like to meet his tailor
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rustynail

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Coronavirus variant first detected in South Africa found in the UK

The U.K. is placing immediate restrictions on travel from South Africa.
https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/longevity/531526-coronavirus-variant-first-detected-in-south-africa
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Coronavirus variant first detected in South Africa found in the UK

The U.K. is placing immediate restrictions on travel from South Africa.
https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/longevity/531526-coronavirus-variant-first-detected-in-south-africa

It is amazing Great Britain made it this far... a nation in decline, accelerating its race to 3rd world shithole status.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It is amazing Great Britain made it this far... a nation in decline, accelerating its race to 3rd world shithole status.

Three strains of this virus now..maybe more we don't know about yet.

Will the new vaccine work on all three?
Support the USO

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty

Family member says head health guy "thinks" the two new strains will respond to the two vaccines, but that has not been done to prove it.  Think "no", until there is proof.

I'm thinking if two new strains happened this quickly, how many more new ones are going to show up and I seriously mean this.  Think ahead - is this ever going to stop?

Offline libertybele

I believe it was @jmyrlefuller that posted an article awhile back on different strains and where they began or were located.  So I believe that there are many strains of this virus that will effect people in different ways.

I read today that the new strain is more contagious but they have reason to believe that the vaccines should work.

My thought is yes, I believe the virus is a concern with some strains being more lethal, but I also think with as many people who have been tested and have either been asymptomatic or the virus has had little effect on them, they've built up immunity or have already developed antibodies for whatever reason.

People with type O+ blood (which I believe is the most prevalent blood type) tend to do better than those with other blood types.

Groups of people in various parts of the country (also portions of Brazil) have taken Ivermectin and no one that has taken the drug as a preventative has become ill with COVID.

I still don't want the vaccine, because I distrust our government and I believe the best defense right now is to try to build the immune system with C, D3, and zinc; most of those are common in multi-vitamins.  Try to stay away from sugar (not easy this time of year) and try to eat healthy.  Ginger, peppermint and chamomile all contain anti-viral and or anti-bacterial properties....it makes a great tasting tea combo.

Our COVID cases are skyrocketing and flu season is also here -- I usually stay away from crowds here in FL this time of the year anyways. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

Why worry about the unknown.   

Offline libertybele

@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty

Family member says head health guy "thinks" the two new strains will respond to the two vaccines, but that has not been done to prove it.  Think "no", until there is proof.

I'm thinking if two new strains happened this quickly, how many more new ones are going to show up and I seriously mean this.  Think ahead - is this ever going to stop?

Is it mutating that quickly or are the strains varying slightly?

I know it is not a flu virus, but there are many different strains of the flu, common cold, etc., and I believe that COVID/Sars is always going to be around....and I also think lots of people may have already built up some type of immunity.

I think I may have had it last January before it was really known; I had a slight sore throat a slight fever that would come and go which was really odd, headaches, some coughing, short of breath somewhat and very, very tired for almost a month.  Tiredness and lack of energy was the most bothersome. Who knows.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

@Victoria33  @Marsqualis
LoL.  The flu never stops. There will be 40 more mutations of this rona or more.    Only the strong survive.  Hunker down for the rest of your life women.   Until you decide to live your life like a human you are destine to be a housebound invalid. 

Offline rustynail

"Think ahead - is this ever going to stop?" 

Stop listening to them.  Stop letting them use fear to manipulate us.  Stop being played.  Only then will it 'stop'.

Offline andy58-in-nh

So, it ran amok in Kent
Lately its been over in Mayfair
You better stay away from there
It'll rip your lungs out and put you
on a ventilator
Hunh? I'd like to meet his tailor

I saw a CARES wolf with a Chinese virus on his hands
Walking through the streets of SoHo in the rain
He was looking for the place called Wei Cure Flu
For to get a big shot of Covid strain...
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Wingnut

I saw a CARES wolf with a Chinese virus on his hands
Walking through the streets of SoHo in the rain
He was looking for the place called Wei Cure Flu
For to get a big shot of Covid strain...

Heh, draw blood
Ah-hooo
4th stain of London Covid
Trader Vic's Was closed

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33  @Marsqualis
LoL.  The flu never stops. There will be 40 more mutations of this rona or more.    Only the strong survive.  Hunker down for the rest of your life women.   Until you decide to live your life like a human you are destine to be a housebound invalid.
@Wingnut
@Cyber Liberty

I am an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician).  I also think ahead and prepare.  Call someone else "housebound invalid", not me.

Online Wingnut

@Wingnut
@Cyber Liberty

I am an EMT (Emergency Medical Technician).  I also think ahead and prepare.  Call someone else "housebound invalid", not me.

You are housebound. You are afraid to live.  You might as well be dead. Covid has corrupted your brain. 

Offline Victoria33

"Think ahead - is this ever going to stop?"  Stop listening to them.  Stop letting them use fear to manipulate us.  Stop being played.  Only then will it 'stop'.
@rustynail

I listen, then I research to find if the information is true.  I am not fearful; if I find a problem, I fix it.

Online Wingnut

@rustynail

I listen, then I research to find if the information is true.  I am not fearful; if I find a problem, I fix it.

You couldn't fix an ingrown toenail. 

Offline andy58-in-nh

Heh, draw blood
Ah-hooo
4th stain of London Covid
Trader Vic's Was closed

Heh. I once ate a great meal at Trader Vic's in London.

I ordered the lamb in Vindaloo curry and asked the waiter to make it "authentically hot".

He smirked and smiled, knowingly.

Ten minutes later, I was served a plate of almost incandescent beauty - perfectly cooked lamb pieces set upon a bed of rice in a sauce that nearly glowed.

I did not notice,at the time that several members of the Indian-born kitchen staff had gathered to watch, which in retrospect, I ought to have considered.

I dug my silver fork into a piece of the succulent meat, and being certain to slather it generously in the curry, placed it in my mouth, and began to chew.

The next sensation I felt was the heat of million New Delhi suns exploding simultaneously upon my palate.

I have since learned that the chemical responsible for what I felt is called "capsaicin", which apparently causes a burning sensation in mucous membranes, but in that moment, I could not be bothered to give a shit.

All I knew is that there was not enough Indian beer or water on the face of the planet to extinguish the incandescent conflagration in my mouth.

My eyes were watering like a river Ganges flood, and my face was the color of a three alarm fire in a turpentine warehouse.

Eight glasses of water later, I almost felt human again. Except for my tongue, which seemed to have swelled to the size of a Goodyear blimp.

But dammit if I didn't take another mouthful. Delicious.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline rustynail

The source behind the claim that a new COVID-19 strain in the UK is 70% more transmissible, Dr. Erik Volz, admits that the model that produced that statistic is flawed and that it is “too early to tell” if the strain is more easily spread.

https://www.thelastamericanvagabond.com/flawed-data-model-from-imperial-college-blame-for-latest-uk-lockdown/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The source behind the claim that a new COVID-19 strain in the UK is 70% more transmissible, Dr. Erik Volz, admits that the model that produced that statistic is flawed and that it is “too early to tell” if the strain is more easily spread.

https://www.thelastamericanvagabond.com/flawed-data-model-from-imperial-college-blame-for-latest-uk-lockdown/

Not to worry...they announced yet another shiny new strain, because the one under discussion isn't deadly enough to panic Americans.  Brits panic and close off entire blocks when they find a .22LR cartridge on the street.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Victoria33

@Cyber Liberty

Because of the two new strains, many countries (I saw the names but did not copy them - I can look up again who they are), have shut off travel from England/Wales.  It will take a few weeks to determine the effect of these two new strains.  The latest one, third one, came from South Africa to England.  The second new strain is also in Australia.  Fauci thinks the second new one is already in the US but there has been no report of that, yet.

Because I post facts as I find them, does not mean I am afraid; you know that, friend.   Family in Wales keeps me updated on the England/Wales changes regarding these viruses.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@Cyber Liberty

Because of the two new strains, many countries (I saw the names but did not copy them - I can look up again who they are), have shut off travel from England/Wales.  It will take a few weeks to determine the effect of these two new strains.  The latest one, third one, came from South Africa to England.  The second new strain is also in Australia.  Fauci thinks the second new one is already in the US but there has been no report of that, yet.

Because I post facts as I find them, does not mean I am afraid; you know that, friend.   Family in Wales keeps me updated on the England/Wales changes regarding these viruses.

I did not mean to suggest you are panicking, but the Brits panic at the drop of a hat.  :shrug:
I will NOT comply.