Author Topic: Stimulus bill sparks reality show idea: Freeze pay of Congress members, give them $600 to live on  (Read 284 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stimulus bill sparks reality show idea: Freeze pay of Congress members, give them $600 to live on

In the $900 billion follow-up COVID-related economic relief bill finally agreed to by Congress on Sunday, each American is set to receive a $600 stimulus check, constituting 50 percent of the first stimulus payment provided by the original legislation.

The long-awaited bipartisan compromise prompted Twitter user Eli Yudin to quip about the potential pittance that “Members of Congress got paid $130,000 to spend 9 months arguing about whether we deserve $600.”

U.S. Senators and House members, who haven’t lost a dime in income during the pandemic, receive a base salary of $174,000 per year plus lavish benefits. They get more if they serve in what might be euphemistically called the leadership.

The legislation that could be voted on as early as today also includes extended unemployment benefits of up to $300 per week. Taxpayers will reportedly receive $600 for each dependent.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/12/21/stimulus-bill-sparks-reality-show-idea-freeze-pay-of-congress-members-give-them-600-to-live-on-1008240/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline MajorClay

:yowsa:

I like the idea.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I like the idea, and I think it should be retroactive back to March.  Imagine how things would change!