Author Topic: That COVID Relief Bill Gets So Much Worse, and It Should Infuriate You  (Read 137 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
That COVID Relief Bill Gets So Much Worse, and It Should Infuriate You
By Bonchie | Dec 21, 2020 5:30 PM ET

This morning I wrote an initial take on the newly agreed upon (agreed upon by Congressional leadership at least) coronavirus relief package (see Here’s What Happens When Republicans and Democrats ‘Compromise’). I focused on some of the ridiculous, unrelated domestic hand-outs in the bill. Later, Jennifer Oliver O’Connell did another dive into the general terribleness of the legislation because there was just too much wrong with it to cover in one piece (see The COVID Relief Bill is Trash, and Other Things You Already Knew).

Well, as per our usual agreement with Congress, more and more is being discovered in the 5600 page monstrosity, and it gets so much worse. For example, did you know there are big payouts to foreign governments all throughout the bill?

Techno Fog
@Techno_Fog
The Stimulus Bill:

The gov't closes the economy. You lose your job. You face eviction.

$600 for all your troubles.

Meanwhile they send:

$135 million to Burma
$85.5 million to Cambodia
$1.4 billion for "Asia Reassurance Initiative Act"
$130 million to Nepal

They hate you.

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2020/12/21/foreign-countries-win-big-in-covid-relief-bill-and-it-should-infuriate-you-n298176
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: That COVID Relief Bill Gets So Much Worse, and It Should Infuriate You
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 11:16:18 pm »
I'd like to see Mr. Trump would veto this as his last major act of consequence this year.

They can keep their $600.

(I realize that he'll probably sign it)