Author Topic: The Biggest Political Blunder in American History By Steve McCann  (Read 3824 times)

Offline Absalom

Re: The Biggest Political Blunder in American History By Steve McCann
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2020, 10:51:28 pm »
Merry Christmas @Absalom
----------------------------
Fredrick the Great; likewise!!!!!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2020, 10:52:05 pm »
--------------------------
While Trump's Toddler Posse will never restrain their coarse and ignorant blathering,
at least Plain People will spared another 4 years of unhinged behavior from this buffoon.

By any means necessary (including fraud).  The ends justify the means, right?  Couldn't win on issues and integrity.  So they lied, cheated, and stole.

Still waiting for someone to explain how Pennsylvania allowed over 2.5 million absentee ballots to be counted when there were only 1.7 million applications filed.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2020, 10:54:37 pm »
And who won the election?

What does GOP party patriotism and intelligence have to do with an electoral result which might have been flawed in the first place?  Is this the case every time the republican candidate lost?

Or...Are you just saying random shit for the hell of it?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 11:02:09 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2020, 11:00:50 pm »
Is this case every time the republican candidate lost?

I'll take 'Random shit for the hell of it' for $200, Alex.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Knox27

« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2020, 11:03:32 pm »
What does GOP party patriotism and intelligence have to do with an electoral result which might have been flawed in the first place?  Is this case every time the republican candidate lost?

I am saying that what the author thinks is the greatest political blunder of all time is wrong.  A bigger blunder was not supporting a sane, competent candidate in the primaries.  And the spineless establishment did it because they hoped not to inspire the wrath of Donald and thought winning the presidency by any means was worth any cost.  That is a bigger blunder, and hopefully its the "hated" Republicans like Sasse and Romney that prosper now. 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2020, 11:05:27 pm »
I'll take 'Random shit for the hell of it' for $200, Alex.

He reminds me of my slightly right of center oldest kid.  Can't see the forest for the trees.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2020, 11:09:56 pm »
LOL
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2020, 11:19:18 pm »

By any means necessary (including fraud).  The ends justify the means, right?  Couldn't win on issues and integrity.  So they lied, cheated, and stole.

Still waiting for someone to explain how Pennsylvania allowed over 2.5 million absentee ballots to be counted when there were only 1.7 million applications filed.
@Absalom
@Hoodat
He doesn't care about math and facts. Absalom and his Antifa and RINO buddies only care that they have achieve the primary mission to remove Trump by any means necessary. You could show the RINOs any proof in the world that the result is statistically and mathematically impossible, they would not care. They actually do not care if Biden cheated or not. It does not bother them. As long as Trump is gone then anything that made that happen is perfectly acceptable. THEY DO NOT CARE IF THE ELECTION WAS A FRAUD OR NOT. So any facts presented are irrelevant.

They are fine and happy with the result so showing them mathematical evidence is throwing pearls before swine. They know it is true, but they don't care.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2020, 11:24:19 pm »
I am saying that what the author thinks is the greatest political blunder of all time is wrong.  A bigger blunder was not supporting a sane, competent candidate in the primaries.  And the spineless establishment did it because they hoped not to inspire the wrath of Donald and thought winning the presidency by any means was worth any cost.  That is a bigger blunder, and hopefully its the "hated" Republicans like Sasse and Romney that prosper now.

If you are talking 2016, you may have a valid argument.  I supported another candidate in the primaries...   He lost....   I voted (wasted) for a conservative 3rd party candidate.  In retrospect the choice was binary.  4 years of Hitlerly would have terrrible. 

2020, there was no choice, as the choice was even more definitive in that a Harris, AOC influenced Biden presidency would (and will be a disaster).  Everyone in the GOP ranks knew and understood that.  Why would we fracture the party and risk an even worse defeat?

Secondly, do you realize that the last sitting POTUS to lose a state primay was Jimmy Carter in 1976.  And that the last true party defeat of a sitting POTUS actively seeking reelection was Andrew Johnson in 1868.  That is just a facts of how our political system works.

Questioning patriotism and intelligence of people of who are confined by political norms is a no starter...  sorry
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 11:25:56 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2020, 11:28:29 pm »
--------------------------
While Trump's Toddler Posse will never restrain their coarse and ignorant blathering,
at least Plain People will spared another 4 years of unhinged behavior from this buffoon.

Half the population doesn't know. Half care. And half don't.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Knox27

« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2020, 11:32:58 pm »

Can you cite a source on these numbers, please?

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2020, 11:34:34 pm »
Half the population doesn't know. Half care. And half don't.

Also half are entitlement junkies sucking off the left hind teat of the Fedzilla hog.  They're not wanting to risk that.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2020, 11:58:21 pm »
-----------------------------------------
I couldn't stand him, and I voted for him twice. I would have been happy at any point in Trump's term for him to resign to be replaced by Pence.
The Trump acolytes never understood that despite all their adoration for Trump and numbers at his rallies, many more people couldn't stand his narcissism, boasting, and general obnoxious behavior.
----------------------------
Intuitive, indeed!
If only Republicans had awareness of the wisdom of Ancient Rome; as "Carpe Diem" asserted that great leaders always seize the moment!!!
That was the Impeachment Vote when they could have replaced the Buffoon-in-Chief w/Pence!
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 02:28:17 am by Absalom »

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #63 on: December 25, 2020, 12:06:38 am »
Is this one of those poplular vote things?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #64 on: December 25, 2020, 12:33:17 am »

Looks like the establishment chose correctly since Trump support increased 17.7% over four years ago - a feat which has only been surpassed five times.  Trump also garnered the highest number of votes of any Republican candidate in US history.  Contrast that with the Obama/Biden whose support decreased by 5.16% from 2008 to 2012.

Offline Knox27

« Reply #65 on: December 25, 2020, 12:37:22 am »
Looks like the establishment chose correctly since Trump support increased 17.7% over four years ago - a feat which has only been surpassed five times.  Trump also garnered the highest number of votes of any Republican candidate in US history.  Contrast that with the Obama/Biden whose support decreased by 5.16% from 2008 to 2012.

So he beat biden?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #66 on: December 25, 2020, 12:40:22 am »
So he beat biden?

That depends.  Are we talking number of people voting, or are we talking number of ballots fed into machines?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #67 on: December 25, 2020, 12:45:12 am »
That depends.  Are we talking number of people voting, or are we talking number of ballots fed into machines?

You can sure tell who's OK with cheating of elections,  eh?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #68 on: December 25, 2020, 12:47:32 am »
You can sure tell who's OK with cheating of elections,  eh?

Right. @Bigun

Offline Absalom

« Reply #69 on: December 25, 2020, 02:26:52 am »
.................GOP party of patriotism and intelligence.............?????
----------------------
Hmm......................has anyone noticed any of these people............?????

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #70 on: December 25, 2020, 02:32:04 am »
----------------------
Hmm......................has anyone noticed any of these people............?????

Yes. They want my money.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #71 on: December 25, 2020, 06:51:50 am »
When Biden won the nomination, I let out a groan. The movers and shakers inside the Dem Party knew Sanders and the other commies were unelectable. So they chose the safest most unobjectionable candidate running...Sleepy Joe. All Joe had to do was put his name on the nomination papers and not raise too much of a ruckus. As we know Biden spent most of the campaign sleeping in his basement only emerging from time to time to show he was still alive and then slinking back into his subterranean hideout.
It worked like a charm.
Things might have been a little different if Trump hadn't screwed the pooch in the first debate. He lost millions of votes hectoring/badgering Biden making Sniffer Joe a sympathetic figure.
People forgot that Biden did the same thing to Ryan in the 2012 veep debate. Trump toned it down and actually won the next debate, but it was too late by then to get back disgusted voters. Millions more voters had a picture of The Big Orange Meanie who was treating an old  political hack terribly.
Trump didn't stop stepping on his member until it was too late.
Something is seriously screwed up in America when you can even allege that a "sympathetic" figure will win the Presidential Election over someone who will fight for America. Whining is no national security strategy. The rest of the world will not respect it, and our enemies will only be encouraged by it.

Even if I believed the highly unlikely outcome of the election was not the most egregious and massive ballot fraud in history, I'd have to opt for the five years of MSM attacks on the POTUS (even before he was elected), the complete absence of any investigation or reporting of the multitude of negatives on Biden (including blackmail and suborning bribery in the Ukraine, not to mention his CCP dealings), and the absolute slackjawed drooling stupidity of massive numbers of voters.

But I don't believe even that, along with the not-so-subtle threats of violence if Trump won were enough to cause a majority of Americans to vote for that creep, and with all else shown, my bet is hands down on FRAUD.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #72 on: December 25, 2020, 08:09:10 am »

He could not be more mistaken about what he calls a "cabal".

This was not in any way "a blunder", but was a carefully planned and executed attempt by a committed "underground" to throw the election as a plan to gain marxist/communist control of the government of the USA.

@Fishrrman

Nope! Communism is soooo 19th-20th Century these days even the communists aren't communists anymore. About the only people you will find today spouting nonsense about "the triumph of communism" is trust fund children and college professors.

Well,maybe a few Cuban goobermint officials.

Not even the Chinese are Communists anymore.

It's all about Globalism these days. That way the dictators still get to keep being dictators,AND they get to act and live like the Billionaires they are,right out in the open without worry of being jailed.

Same game,but more freedom for the ruling class,and the same gulags for the rest of us.

Win/win for everybody but the general populations of the world.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 08:11:48 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2020, 08:16:57 am »
Actually, it is complete BS, as the actual results show.  But you and Jazzhead cover your collective ears and eyes, and ignore the truth so that you can peddle the same tired, repetitively disproved nonsense about down-ballot Republicans abandoning Trump.

@Hoodat  @Jazzhead @Absalom

Careful with that "collective" word,Hoodat. You are likely to get Jazzie and abs so hot and bothered they could lose control.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2020, 08:21:57 am »
Devoted acolytes of Trump are unwilling to contemplate the fact that many millions of voters, who might have voted for Trump, couldn't wait to cast a vote to get rid of him.
I couldn't stand him, and I voted for him twice. I would have been happy at any point in Trump's term for him to resign to be replaced by Pence.
The Trump acolytes never understood that despite all their adoration for Trump and numbers at his rallies, many more people couldn't stand his narcissism, boasting, and general obnoxious behavior.
Trump never understood that neither.
It turns out acting presidential or like an adult does matter as far as attracting voters.

@goatprairie

Ahhhh,the "Mizz Manners" crowd raises it's permed head again,pointing out to the rubes that manners are more important than the survival of individual freedoms.

After all,what could be more important than style?