Author Topic: The Biggest Political Blunder in American History By Steve McCann  (Read 3784 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: The Biggest Political Blunder in American History By Steve McCann
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2020, 06:07:26 pm »
The best evidence that Biden was the peoples' choice is that,  in the down-ballot races,  the GOP did far better than expected.  Many folks consciously split their tickets.

STOP LYING @Jazzhead   Your post is either ignorant or evil.

Explain what @Hoodat posted in light of your stupid lie   ....

Iowa Election Results:
---------------------------
Donald Trump - 897,672
Joni Earnst  -  864,997

Minnesota Election Results:
Donald Trump - 1,484,065
Jason Lewis  -  1,398,145

Michigan Election Results:
Donald Trump - 2,649,852
John James  -  2,642,223

Illinois Election Results:
Donald Trump - 2,438,943
Mark Curan  -  2,306,064

Virginia Election Results:
Donald Trump - 1,962,430
Daniel Gade  -  1,934,199

North Carolina Election Results:
Donald Trump - 2,758,775
Thom Tillis  -  2,665,598

Tennessee Election Results:
Donald Trump - 1,849,556
Bill Hagerty  -  1,837,940

And here's your "people's choice" ... are you ignorant or evil, Jazzboy?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2020, 07:44:08 pm »
Yet Trump attracted 11 million more voters than he did four years ago.  Go figure.

That's because of the refetendum effect.   Millions more - far more - were motivated to vote to be rid of the man and his chaos.

I myself voted straight GOP omitting the top of the ticket.   I suspect I was far from alone,  but for me the only reason I voted at all was the down ballot races.   The millions who emerged to create new turnout records were adding their voices to the Trump/no-Trump referendum.   The raw numbers show that many of these citizens only voted for the President and ignored the down ballot races.   Together,  the combination of ticket splitters and referendum voters rendered the verdict on Trump's request for a second term.

The answer was no.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 07:45:40 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2020, 08:14:40 pm »
Oh believe me,  I don't disagree.   Biden is a generic Den, but he was also a Trojan horse.   Harris will be President within a year.   But the votes of those manipulated by media and appeals to hate count as much as those who vote in support of a champion for their values.   The saint and the simpleton each have the same, single vote.   That is the drawback of a democracy -  the mob consists of thousands of individuals,  and each has a vote.

But still -  there will be another election in two years.   That is why the American tradition is to respect the verdict of the People and get to work to keep the Senate next month and flip the House in 2022.   

I respect the verdict of the People.

I have a liberal friend. He said NO EFFNG WAY BIDEN WON (legitimately).
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2020, 08:16:47 pm »
Oh and Merry Christmas @Jazzhead. I like having you around.  :beer: :patriot:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2020, 08:43:12 pm »
u·til·i·tar·i·an·ism
/yo͞oˌtiləˈterēəˌnizəm/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: utilitarianism

the doctrine that actions are right if they are useful or for the benefit of a majority.
        the doctrine that an action is right insofar as it promotes happiness, and that the greatest happiness of the greatest number should be the guiding principle of conduct.

Why did Nietzsche despise utilitarianism?

The answer to this is very simple. Utilitarianism is concerned only with the volume of pleasure and pain, and Nietzsche says in so many words that as soon as you even enter into this kind of thinking, you are already deep into the territory of nihilism. It is passive; concerned with maintenance, not construction; aloof or indifferent to meaning, something to justify the effort in the first place, even when it is successful, let alone when it isn’t. It is the staid, kindly, sober—not to say, the British—version of the same imbecilic nihilism that was prevailing on the continent in the same era. Mill did not understand the difference between pleasure and (actual) happiness, between pain and suffering, between real (spiritual) slavery and freedom.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2020, 08:46:05 pm »

Yet Trump attracted 11 million more voters than he did four years ago.  Go figure.

That's because of the refetendum effect.

Are you consciously aware of the fact that you have shifted from your original position of claiming that Trump lost support to your new position of explaining away why he gained support?

I myself voted straight GOP omitting the top of the ticket.   I suspect I was far from alone,  but for me the only reason I voted at all was the down ballot races. 

You represent less than two percent of Pennsylvania Republican voters.  The other 98+% who voted for GOP House candidates also voted for Trump.

The millions who emerged to create new turnout records were adding their voices to the Trump/no-Trump referendum.   The raw numbers show that many of these citizens only voted for the President and ignored the down ballot races.   

The error with this premise is your claim that these were actual voters, with each vote cast uniquely tied to a unique eligible voter.  The evidence indicates that this clearly was not the case.  In your Commonwealth alone, there were nearly one million absentee ballots cast that were never applied for.  That's over 800,000 ballots not tied to a voter.  But then you knew that already.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2020, 08:48:40 pm »
Merry Christmas @Hoodat

Good post.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2020, 08:51:27 pm »
Merry Christmas @Hoodat

Good post.

And a very merry Christmas to you, @bigheadfred

G-d bless us, everyone!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Absalom

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2020, 09:11:44 pm »
STOP LYING @Jazzhead   Your post is either ignorant or evil.
Explain what posted in light of your stupid lie   ....
And here's your "people's choice" ... are you ignorant or evil, Jazzboy?
--------------------------------------
Jazz,
As you are surely aware, an unstable and volatile persona such as Trump
belongs as far away from the levers of power as the Earth is from Uranus.
That he was elected in 2016, said volumes about our judgment as a people
and how far we have strayed from the values/vision of our Founders.

Offline Knox27

« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2020, 09:17:27 pm »
Jazz,

Him not being challenged in a serious way in the primaries says volumes about the republican establishment.  Patriots are few and far between.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2020, 09:26:57 pm »
Jazz,

Again:

2016 - 62,984,825
2020 - 74,111,419
---------------------
Difference:  +11,126,594

This means that after four years of Donald Trump in the White House, at least eleven million Americans who did not vote for him four years ago turned up this time to vote for his re-election (me being one of them).

Math is your friend.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2020, 09:32:53 pm »
Him not being challenged in a serious way in the primaries says volumes about the republican establishment.  Patriots are few and far between.

Patriots are many. Be one.

ONE DAY CLOSER.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2020, 09:35:23 pm »

That's about as weak as it gets, folks.

But speaking of primaries (and Pennsylvania), did you know that Joe Biden and Donald Trump had the exact same number of primary challengers in the Pennsylvania Primary?  Incidentally, this number (2) was exactly two greater than the number of primary opponents Baraq Obama had in 2012.

See what happens when you allow your emotions to dictate the next comment that comes out of your mouth with zero regard of how stupid it makes you sound?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2020, 09:47:14 pm »

But speaking of primaries (and Pennsylvania), did you know that Joe Biden and Donald Trump had the exact same number of primary challengers in the Pennsylvania Primary?  Incidentally, this number (2) was exactly two greater than the number of primary opponents Baraq Obama had in 2012.

See what happens when you allow your emotions to dictate the next comment that comes out of your mouth with zero regard of how stupid it makes you sound?

Divorce. Did I win?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2020, 09:48:12 pm »
Merry Christmas @Absalom

Offline Knox27

« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2020, 10:33:35 pm »

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

The republican establishment did not support a primary challenger to Trump, and that is an indictment of their patriotism and intelligence.

I don't care about the number of challengers in Pennsylvania, it can be 2, 20, or 2000.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2020, 10:39:33 pm »
I don't understand what you're trying to say.

The republican establishment did not support a primary challenger to Trump, and that is an indictment of their patriotism and intelligence.

So you're saying that the GOPe is both ignorant and unpatriotic for not supporting a primary challenger to their incumbent candidate, even though the same was true of Obama and Clinton?  That has to be one of the most obtuse comments ever posted here.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2020, 10:41:21 pm »

Suggesting a party challenge of  an incumbent POTUS during an election year, who gave the country a robust economy, less regulation, bureaucracy, and a conservative judiciary? 

That's pretty much an "indictment of your intelligence".   Where do you come up with this shit?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 10:42:50 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2020, 10:42:11 pm »
So you're saying that the GOPe is both ignorant and unpatriotic for not supporting a primary challenger to their incumbent candidate, even though the same was true of Obama and Clinton?  That has to be one of the most obtuse comments ever posted here.

Weird. I hear that coming at me all the time.

Offline Knox27

« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2020, 10:42:53 pm »

I said it in a vacuum, it is not relative to anything else.  The first clause you wrote is correct.  I did not vote or support for Obama and Clinton, so I am still not sure what your point is in bringing them up.  Things are not justified in comparison to 2012.  Things stand on their own.  Is that obtuse?

Offline Knox27

« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2020, 10:43:51 pm »
Suggesting a party challenge of  an incumbent POTUS during an election year, who gave the country a robust economy, less regulation, bureaucracy, and a conservative judiciary? 

That's pretty much an "indictment of your intelligence".   Where do you come up with this shit?

And who won the election?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2020, 10:44:27 pm »
Suggesting a party challenge of  an incumbant POTUS during an election year, who gave the country a robust economy, less regulation, bureaucracy, and a conservative judiciary? 

Santa Claus. Did I win?

Online Hoodat

« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2020, 10:48:13 pm »
I said it in a vacuum, it is not relative to anything else.

No, you posted it here on this board - a direct response to another poster.  No vacuum involved.

I did not vote or support for Obama and Clinton, so I am still not sure what your point is in bringing them up.

Just pointing out the obvious double-standard.  Clearly, supporters for Trump are being held to a standard of patriotism and intelligence which you fail to apply to any other group.

Things are not justified in comparison to 2012.

Why not?  Why do your standards only apply to 2020?

Just curious, have you ever taken an Ethics course?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Absalom

« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2020, 10:49:30 pm »
--------------------------
While Trump's Toddler Posse will never restrain their coarse and ignorant blathering,
at least Plain People will spared another 4 years of unhinged behavior from this buffoon.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2020, 10:49:31 pm »
Santa Claus. Did I win?

No more bets.  BigHeadFred has broken the bank!

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-