No, not if If I can help it
13 (23.2%)
NOT NO, BUT HELL NO
23 (41.1%)
Only if my pot dealer requires me to do so
10 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: February 15, 2021, 12:57:22 am

Author Topic: Will you take the Covid19 shot?  (Read 9295 times)

Offline thackney

Re: Will you take the Covid19 shot?
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2020, 03:57:34 pm »
My only threat to lost wages is a positive test, which the vaccine will guarantee.

Neither approved vaccine will result in a positive test.  Both are messenger RNA based on the spike protein on the surface of the virus.  Neither contains the any form of the virus itself, neither weakened or dead.

Messenger ribonucleic acid (mRNA) vaccines are a novel technology that stimulates the body’s own immune response. These vaccines contain information from messenger RNA, including the “blueprint” or code of a specific virus trait (virus antigen). The information enables the body to produce this antigen on its own: mRNA transfers the information for the production of the antigen to our cell machinery that makes proteins. Cells in our body then present the antigen on their surface and thus trigger the desired specific immune response. When the body comes into contact with the virus, the immune system recognizes the specific antigen and can fight the virus and thus the infection quickly and in a targeted manner.

With COVID-19, the entry of the coronavirus into the host cell in humans is intervened by the coronavirus spike protein that is located on the surface of the virus. mRNA vaccines against COVID-19 are designed to provide our bodies with the code to produce the non-infectious virus spike protein to instruct the cell’s machinery to help stimulate a natural immune response. This response is achieved primarily through T-cells and neutralizing of the antibody production, which aim to prevent SARS-CoV-2 infection (and its associated disease, COVID-19). If a vaccinated person later comes into contact with SARS-CoV-2, the immune system will recognize the surface structure and will be able to combat the virus and eliminate it. Neutralizing antibodies targeted at SARS-CoV-2 are circulating in your body and will immediately bind to the virus, “neutralize” it and prevent it from entering the cell, thus protecting you from getting sick. T cells help the immune system to fight intracellular infections and can also kill the infected cells directly.

https://biontech.de/covid-19-portal/mrna-vaccines

- - - - - - -

For a more in-depth explanation of this:

New coronavirus variant: what is the spike protein and why are mutations on it important?
https://theconversation.com/new-coronavirus-variant-what-is-the-spike-protein-and-why-are-mutations-on-it-important-152463

« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 04:06:12 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2020, 06:03:19 pm »
Neither approved vaccine will result in a positive test.  Both are messenger RNA based on the spike protein on the surface of the virus.  Neither contains the any form of the virus itself, neither weakened or dead.

https://biontech.de/covid-19-portal/mrna-vaccines

With COVID-19, the entry of the coronavirus into the host cell in humans is intervened by the coronavirus spike protein that is located on the surface of the virus. mRNA vaccines against COVID-19 are designed to provide our bodies with the code to produce the non-infectious virus spike protein to instruct the cell’s machinery to help stimulate a natural immune response. This response is achieved primarily through T-cells and neutralizing of the antibody production, which aim to prevent SARS-CoV-2 infection (and its associated disease, COVID-19). If a vaccinated person later comes into contact with SARS-CoV-2, the immune system will recognize the surface structure and will be able to combat the virus and eliminate it. Neutralizing antibodies targeted at SARS-CoV-2 are circulating in your body and will immediately bind to the virus, “neutralize” it and prevent it from entering the cell, thus protecting you from getting sick. T cells help the immune system to fight intracellular infections and can also kill the infected cells directly.

@thackney ,  thanks for the info.  I understand the part about the body now being able to recognize the spike protein.  But how can the body create antigens that will successfully destroy something it has never come in contact with before?  It has no idea what this virus itself is or looks like - only the virus' spike protein.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2020, 06:18:05 pm »
@thackney ,  thanks for the info.  I understand the part about the body now being able to recognize the spike protein.  But how can the body create antigens that will successfully destroy something it has never come in contact with before?  It has no idea what this virus itself is or looks like - only the virus' spike protein.

In the same way they can assure you that all these positive tests are CV-19.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline thackney

« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2020, 06:24:36 pm »

@Hoodat

It does not destroy the virus.  in simplistic terms, the spike protein is used by the virus to get into the cell walls and replicate itself.  Creating antibodies that prevent the spike protein from taking hold prevents the virus from infecting the person.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 06:36:46 pm by thackney »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2020, 11:09:13 pm »
@Hoodat

It does not destroy the virus.  in simplistic terms, the spike protein is used by the virus to get into the cell walls and replicate itself.  Creating antibodies that prevent the spike protein from taking hold prevents the virus from infecting the person.

Sounds fishy to me.  So are you saying the antibodies go after the antigen by covering up all the protein spikes?  Has any other vaccine been designed this way?  Seems like a universal vaccine could be created to cover all protein spikes regardless of what virus is using them.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2020, 11:19:15 pm »
Sounds fishy to me.  So are you saying the antibodies go after the antigen by covering up all the protein spikes?  Has any other vaccine been designed this way?  Seems like a universal vaccine could be created to cover all protein spikes regardless of what virus is using them.

They have. Not a vaxs though. From other reading they have a way (drug) to remove the mask that a protein hides behind so your immune system can't see it. Remove the mask and your own immune system kills the bug.

That was from Italian researchers. That miracle "cure"? down the rabbit hole.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline thackney

« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2020, 04:04:03 pm »

95% effective and does not involve injecting me with a form of the virus?  Yes, I'll have the fish please.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2020, 04:14:24 pm »
I still find it interesting that no one can definitlvely provide info on how long this vax will be effective.   Boosters in x amount of months?  Once? 

That part of the equation gives me pause, though I'll probably take the thing any way.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2020, 04:16:05 pm »
95% effective and does not involve injecting me with a form of the virus?  Yes, I'll have the fish please.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline thackney

« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2020, 04:23:04 pm »
I still find it interesting that no one can definitlvely provide info on how long this vax will be effective.   Boosters in x amount of months?  Once? 

That part of the equation gives me pause, though I'll probably take the thing any way.

This likely is going to vary per person significantly.  It is hard to imagine any real answers to that question until at least a year after the phase 3 trials ended.  I am expecting this to be a yearly shot, possibly twice a year.

It’s almost certain that the immune response initially generated will wane over time. We don’t yet know the lowest amount of immunity that needs to be retained to protect against infection, nor what type of immunity provides this protection.

If vaccine-induced immune responses – such as antibodies or T cells – can wane to very low levels but still prevent infection, then this vaccine will protect people for a long time. But if immune responses must be constantly kept high for protection, it won’t.

https://theconversation.com/pfizer-vaccine-final-results-its-highly-protective-but-how-long-for-151966

They found high levels of binding and neutralizing antibodies that decreased slightly over time, which was expected. But in all participants, those levels were still high three months after the second vaccination. They also stratified the responses by age, by those 18 to 55 years of age, 56 to 70 years of age, and 71 years and older. Serum neutralizing antibodies were detected in all participants at day 119.

They conclude, “Although correlates of protection against SARS-CoV-2 injection in humans are not yet established, these results show that despite a slight expected decline in titers of binding and neutralizing antibodies, mRNA-1273 has the potential to provide durable humoral immunity.”

https://www.biospace.com/article/study-suggests-moderna-covid-19-vaccine-has-at-least-3-months-good-durability/

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2020, 04:33:56 pm »
I would still expect the natural immune response to be more effective than the artificially generated one from the vaccine.  So far, people who have developed immunity the natural way are not being treated as though they have immunity.  Will those receiving the vaccine be treated differently?  And why are people who already have natural immunity being persuaded to get the vaccine?  It doesn't add up.

I would encourage government to simply be honest about this and respect the free choice of each individual.  But then this is government we're talking about here.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2020, 04:35:27 pm »
@thackney

Your input is greatly appreciated.  Personally though, I still choose not to get the vaccine.  To each his own.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2020, 05:22:03 am »
I do not trust American medicine, and particularly pharma.

I read a very interesting book years ago, Dr. Mary's Monkey.  I came across it at the section in Barnes & Noble where folks working in the store read books and recommend what they read.  They have a 3" x 5" card with a brief explanation of why to read the book.  This book was one such book.  I encourage all to read it here.

One notion from the book is that vaccines administered in the 50s and early 60s caused soft tissue cancer, and a leading virologist back in the day was working to resolve the issues with cancer and vaccines.  AND, Lee Harvey Oswald was working with her at the time.  Him and David Ferry.

I do not want to give away too much in the book, but a very fascinating read.

In any case, I think there is something to the notion that vaccines are a trigger for autism.  The medical industry can deny it all they want, but I say there is something to it.  I would advise anyone having a baby today to hold off from giving a child a vaccine as long as possible for that reason.  We are talking about an industry that works in units of billions of dollars, and those revenue dollars dictate what is said and done, and not what is in the best interest of the patient or population.

And yes, perhaps the vaccine for COVID protects against the virus, but what happens over a longer term?  No one has a clue.  You might just start growing horns on the top of your head.  Who knows?

And if in fact what they say about Blood Type O, perhaps you should think twice.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 05:30:04 am by jafo2010 »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2020, 05:25:21 am »
I do not trust American medicine, and particularly pharma.

I read a very interesting book years ago, Dr. Mary's Monkey.  I came across it at the section in Barnes & Noble where folks working in the store read books and recommend what they read.  They have a 3" x 5" card with a brief explanation of why to read the book.  This book was one such book.  I encourage all to read it here.

One notion from the book is that vaccines administered in the 50s and early 60s caused soft tissue cancer, and a leading virologist back in the day was working to resolve the issues with cancer and vaccines.  AND, Lee Harvey Oswald was working with her at the time.  Him and David Ferry.

I do not want to give away too much in the book, but a very fascinating read.

In any case, I think there is something to the notion that vaccines are a trigger for autism.  The medical industry can deny it all they want, but I say there is something to it.  I would advise anyone having a baby today to hold off from giving a child a vaccine as long as possible for that reason.  We are talking about an industry that works in units of billions of dollars, and those revenue dollars dictate what is said and done, and not what is in the best interest of the patient or population.
If the book refers to SV-40, yep, I have heard of that. Thimoserol is a preservative which contains small amounts of mercury, and was common in many vaccines. Then, too, there are questions about the use of peanut oil as a squalene, and perhaps that has something to do with widespread anaphylactic reactions to peanuts...

There is much there to question, and even distrust.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2020, 02:09:52 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2020, 09:16:09 am »
Back to the blood type being a notable variance for those with Type O in regard to COVID, has anyone seen numbers as to how less those with Type O are affected?

I asked my wife about it yesterday.  Told her the story, she was NOT aware of it.  I have Type O and she has Type B.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2020, 01:31:00 pm »
...  Among 225,556 Canadians who were tested for the virus, the risk for a COVID-19 diagnosis was 12% lower and the risk for severe COVID-19 or death was 13% lower in people with blood group O versus those with A, AB, or B, researchers reported on Tuesday in Annals of Internal Medicine. People in any blood group who were Rh-negative were also somewhat protected, especially if they had O-negative blood. People in these blood type groups may have developed antibodies that can recognize some aspect of the new virus, coauthor Dr. Joel Ray of St. Michael's Hospital in Toronto told Reuters. ...
Reuters

...  Danish researchers analyzed a sample of 7,422 people who tested positive for the virus and found that only 38 percent had type O blood, according to research published in the journal Blood Advances.

Meanwhile, 44 percent of people with type A blood had contracted the deadly bug.

In the second study, published in the same journal, Canadian researchers found that critically ill COVID-19 patients with blood types O or B had a median intensive care unit stay of 9 days. By contrast, people with A or AB blood stayed 13.5 days.

The researchers also found that 61 percent of critically ill patients with O or B blood types had to be hooked up to ventilators — significantly less than the 84 percent of people with A or AB blood types who needed the breathing machines.  ...
NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mikezpen

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2021, 10:20:45 pm »
Sure i'll take it. I'm 76 for Chrissakes.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2021, 10:40:19 pm »
Sure i'll take it. I'm 76 for Chrissakes.

You're at more risk because of age, but the side affects can be as bad as the virus itself.  I'm 64 with many health issues; I look at it as why would I want to inject a virus that has the potential to have horrible side affects to my already compromised health?  I don't need more health issues than I already have! 

The vaccine was too expedited, too many people are suffering side affects and you can still catch COVID even if you get the vaccine. Just sayin'   We all have to do what we feel is best.  I've had better luck with surgeries and herbal remedies vs. prescription medications and vaccines ... I was more sick then I have ever been in my life from the flu vaccine.

No thank you.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2021, 10:54:50 pm »
Not only no but HELL NO! And I'm 72 with multiple risk factors.  I do not trust anything now and my blood type is O.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 10:56:30 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2021, 10:30:32 am »
Not only no but HELL NO! And I'm 72 with multiple risk factors.  I do not trust anything now and my blood type is O.

I am only 58 or so... But I feel like I am 72. Does that count?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2021, 01:00:02 pm »
My concern with the vaccine was that it seemed to have been rushed through.  I remember the swine flu vaccine debacle back in the 1970s when a vaccine was hurried to market and several hundred people developed paralysis from it.  The paralysis was supposed to be temporary, but for some it was permanent.

Now the word is that vaccines can be safety tested quicker than back in the 70s.  I don't know if that's true, but I wanted to wait till more people received the vaccine before I get mine.  It does seem that many of those who have had an adverse reaction to this vaccine are the same ones who don't do well with other vaccines.  I get a flu shot every year and about the only side effect I get is mild soreness and possibly a light itchy rash at the injection site.  Nothing serious.

Each state is supposed to formulate its own timetable for distribution of the vaccine.  In PA, it's done in phases. We are still on the first phase of distribution --medical personnel and those in long-term care are getting it first.  The next phase will be those 75 and older.  I would be in the next phase -- 65 plus and anyone with chronic conditions or risk factors.  Since distribution is slow, I don't expect to be eligible for the shots till late spring or early summer.  By that time, I expect any major problems with the vaccine will be known. 

Everyone has to decide for him/herself what to do, but I recommend for those who are not sure if they should to talk to their primary doctor if they have one.  He or she would know your health record and can advise you whether you should be vaccinated.  Be aware though there are plenty of rumors and outright conspiracy theories going around about the vaccine.  Your doctor can tell you what's true and what isn't.

Dr. Applewood signing off.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2021, 02:20:36 pm »
My concern with the vaccine was that it seemed to have been rushed through.
This is a legitimate concern, even if things can be done more quickly these days.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline thackney

« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2021, 05:17:27 pm »
why would I want to inject a virus that has the potential to have horrible side affects to my already compromised health?

@libertasbella

This vaccine is not a weakened or dead virus.  It is a messenger RNA that prevents the virus from taking hold.  Both US vaccines work this way focusing on the spike protein that allows the virus into the cells.  Blocking that, stops the ability to infect.

It is not like the flu vaccine.  It does not require a culture to grow a vaccine, harvest, weaken and process.  This is also the reason it is produced so much faster.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2021, 10:17:30 pm »
@libertasbella

This vaccine is not a weakened or dead virus.  It is a messenger RNA that prevents the virus from taking hold.  Both US vaccines work this way focusing on the spike protein that allows the virus into the cells.  Blocking that, stops the ability to infect.

It is not like the flu vaccine.  It does not require a culture to grow a vaccine, harvest, weaken and process.  This is also the reason it is produced so much faster.

@thackney

Thank you for the explanation. I had no idea this was possible.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!