Author Topic: Florida bill would require daily moment of silence in public schools  (Read 601 times)

Online libertybele

Florida bill would require daily moment of silence in public schools

A brand-new bill in the Florida Senate would require schools to offer a moment of silence at the beginning of each school day

At Collier County Public Schools, schools already observe moments of silence, but they are not enforced.

Schools are allowed to have reflection, prayer or meditation on their own terms, but say under no circumstances do they have to participate.

The Florida bill would require certain teachers to set aside time for the moment of silence at the beginning of each school day.

Some parents think it’s a good idea to have quiet time, but others worry about what the moment of silence would really be for.

Days can get hectic, and that’s something 10-year-old Casey agrees with.

“I need a break sometimes,” he said.

That’s why a Florida senator introduced a bill Thursday to require public school principals to require certain teachers to set aside two minutes for a moment of silence each school day.

“Having some quiet time for personal reflection is probably a good idea,” Colby Brannan said.

Brannan agrees and says taking a moment in school to breathe could be healthy for students.

“It depends on how the teachers frame it,” Brannan said.

Some parents are unsure if students will understand what the moment of silence is for..........

https://www.winknews.com/2020/12/17/florida-bill-requires-daily-moment-of-silence-in-public-schools/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Florida bill would require daily moment of silence in public schools
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 09:46:36 pm »
I don't know about anyone else, but in the year 2020, getting 30 "6 year olds" to be silent for 120 seconds seems a tad far fetched.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 01:07:24 am »
I don't know about anyone else, but in the year 2020, getting 30 "6 year olds" to be silent for 120 seconds seems a tad far fetched.   :silly:

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online rustynail

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 01:09:50 am »
That is Culturally Inensitive.