Author Topic: Don’t rely on fantasy for national security  (Read 209 times)

rangerrebew

Don’t rely on fantasy for national security
« on: December 20, 2020, 02:33:59 pm »
Don’t rely on fantasy for national security
By: Steven P. Bucci  

America has just had an historic election, one that could and probably will change the direction of our national security paradigm. Will America continue to rebuild its defenses, strengthen our military services (in numbers and equipment), or return again to the fantasy that we don’t need all that expensive security “stuff” anymore because the world is an enlightened place now?

Most experts, regardless of orientation, believe President-elect Joe Biden’s defense policy will be different. A good look at a potential Biden plan was given by surrogate and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who offered this vision in the November/December issue of Foreign Affairs. To be pointed, political dreams should not drive national security decision-making. Sadly, that may be just what Biden has in mind.

https://www.defensenews.com/opinion/commentary/2020/12/17/dont-rely-on-fantasy-for-national-security/

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Don’t rely on fantasy for national security
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 03:01:32 pm »
Biden lied and people died.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley