Author Topic: 40 Acres and a Mall  (Read 130 times)

Online Hoodat

40 Acres and a Mall
« on: December 20, 2020, 05:23:28 am »
40 Acres and a Mall

David Cole   |   December 08, 2020

Sometimes you chase the story, and sometimes the story chases you.

Two weeks ago I’m walkin’ through Century City, the business, residential, and dining district adjoining Beverly Hills. This is familiar territory to me; it’s home. So I know when something’s not right. Like the bus full of black folks that came barreling past me down Avenue of the Stars. And not just any bus; one of those supersize air-conditioned bathroom-in-the-back buses.

I’m not a man who speaks in absolutes, but here’s one I’ll stand by: If a bus full of black people enters an upscale area and nobody on board is wearing a jersey, it’s bad news.

And bad news it was. The bus shat out BLM like a BM. Dozens of angry blacks with placards and bullhorns bellowing, “Whose streets? Our streets!”

As the crowd gathered in front of a high-rise office building, I approached one of the protesters.

“What’s up?”

“Man, we tryin’ to get face-to-face with a racis’ Jew gentrifier.”

It was only out of self-preservation that I didn’t answer, “Mission accomplished; what can I do for you?”  .  .  .

https://www.takimag.com/article/40-acres-and-a-mall/

This guy tells it like it is.

Ping @PeteS in CA

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-