Author Topic: Ex-CIA Director John Brennan calls Durham inquiry a 'trolling exercise'  (Read 461 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ex-CIA Director John Brennan calls Durham inquiry a 'trolling exercise'
by Daniel Chaitin, Breaking News Editor |
 | December 18, 2020 07:46 PM

Former CIA Director John Brennan hit the airwaves and took a victory lap after outgoing Attorney General William Barr acknowledged a lack of evidence showing CIA misconduct related to the genesis of the investigation into ties between President Trump's 2016 campaign and Russia.

He made back-to-back appearances on MSNBC and CNN on Friday and chastised not only the Justice Department's criminal inquiry into the Russia investigation but also Barr himself.

"It really is courageous of Bill Barr to say this after he has already announced that he is going to be departing office," Brennan said with a sarcastic tone after CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer said Barr "effectively, for all practical purposes, [clears] you of any wrongdoing" after years of accusations of wrongdoing by Trump and his allies.

"If there was no basis for this, why was I interviewed by Mr. Durham for eight hours?" Brennan said. "Bill Barr used to complain about he didn't see the predication for the FBI investigation into Trump engagements with the Russians. What was the predication of this Durham investigation? Was it just a trolling exercise? I think that's what it was. And they looked at a lot of documents, they talked to a lot of people. Again, they interviewed me. And clearly, they couldn't find anything that had any type of wrongdoing associated with it."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/cia-john-brennan-durham-inquiry-trolling
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34