Author Topic: Why I Will Not Give Up by Newt Gingrich  (Read 230 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why I Will Not Give Up by Newt Gingrich
« on: December 18, 2020, 08:52:32 pm »

Why I Will Not Give Up

December 18, 2020

by Newt Gingrich

A smart friend of mine who is a moderate liberal asked why I was not recognizing Joe Biden’s victory.

The friend made the case that Biden had gotten more votes, and historically we recognize the person with the most votes. Normally, we accept the outcome of elections just as we accept the outcomes of sporting events.

So, my friend asked why was 2020 different?

Having spent more than four years watching the left #Resist President Donald Trump and focus entirely on undoing and undermining the 2016 election, it took me several days to understand the depth of my own feelings.

As I thought about it, I realized my anger and fear were not narrowly focused on votes. My unwillingness to relax and accept that the election was over grew out of a level of outrage and alienation unlike anything I had experienced in more than 60 years involvement in public affairs.

The challenge is that I – and other conservatives – are not disagreeing with the left within a commonly understood world. We live in alternative worlds.

The left’s world is mostly the established world of the forces who have been dominant for most of my life.

more
https://www.gingrich360.com/2020/12/why-i-will-not-give-up/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
Re: Why I Will Not Give Up by Newt Gingrich
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 09:04:32 pm »
Why I Will Not Give Up

December 18, 2020

by Newt Gingrich

A smart friend of mine who is a moderate liberal asked why I was not recognizing Joe Biden’s victory.

The friend made the case that Biden had gotten more votes, and historically we recognize the person with the most votes. Normally, we accept the outcome of elections just as we accept the outcomes of sporting events.

So, my friend asked why was 2020 different?

Having spent more than four years watching the left #Resist President Donald Trump and focus entirely on undoing and undermining the 2016 election, it took me several days to understand the depth of my own feelings.

As I thought about it, I realized my anger and fear were not narrowly focused on votes. My unwillingness to relax and accept that the election was over grew out of a level of outrage and alienation unlike anything I had experienced in more than 60 years involvement in public affairs.

The challenge is that I – and other conservatives – are not disagreeing with the left within a commonly understood world. We live in alternative worlds.

The left’s world is mostly the established world of the forces who have been dominant for most of my life.

more
https://www.gingrich360.com/2020/12/why-i-will-not-give-up/

FTA:
If Biden governs from the left – and he will almost certainly be forced to – that number will grow rapidly, and we will win a massive election in 2022.

You tell 'em, Newt. Tell all these overwrought, emotional "TrUmP wuZ oUr laSt chANce tO SaVe 'Murica!" folks something.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 02:51:52 am »
If Biden governs from the left, he has a powerful tool at his disposal, redistricting, to ensure nobody outside their party sees power ever again.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 03:22:24 am »
Nice summary of where we are, except the part about us winning a landslide in 2022. He said it himself, if they get away with 2020 they will only get more aggressive, more corrupt.