General Category > Weather

Photos show deadly 66-vehicle pileup in Pennsylvania during Winter Storm Gail

<< < (2/2)

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Victoria33 on December 18, 2020, 01:20:42 am ---@Cyber Liberty

Bob grew up in Penn.  The first time I was with him, we were in the mountains of Penn., it was dark and raining.  Bob is the best driver in the world and knew those mountains.  The other thing he knew was beginning when he was old enough, about high school age, he helped his father who owned the funeral home, to gather bodies from crashes on those mountain roads.  Of course he told me about those times, while we were going through those mountains.  Because of his experience, he got us out of the mountains, stopped at a Cracker Barrel restaurant and I bought a big ceramic tray with a rooster on it.  That is my evidence I got down the mountain alive.

I am so sorry this happened.  Penn's mountain roads are so dangerous.

--- End quote ---

Good for you. I love being in a home surrounded by mountains and hiking in the mountains, but I don't like being in a vehicle in the mountains and I'd be absolutely petrified of traveling in a vehicle in the mountains during the winter and especially driving through a snow storm.

Wingnut:
I once heard about a guy driving a truck in Penn, It was just after dark when the truck started down
The hill that lead into Scranton Pennsylvania. He was a young driver, Just out on his second job.
And he was carrying the next day's pasty fruits
For everyone in that coal-scarred city
Where children play without despair
In backyard slag-piles and folks manage to eat each day

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version