Author Topic: Photos show deadly 66-vehicle pileup in Pennsylvania during Winter Storm Gail  (Read 738 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Photos show deadly 66-vehicle pileup in Pennsylvania during Winter Storm Gail

By Craig McCarthy

December 17, 2020 | 3:37pm | Updated

As many as 66 vehicles piled up on Interstate 80 in Pennsylvania

Shocking photos show what happened when a dozen tractor-trailers skidded out of control on snow-covered Interstate 80 in Pennsylvania during Wednesday night’s winter storm — killing one person and injuring a number of others.

The 66-vehicle pileup, including 55 trucks and 11 passenger vehicles, over a mile span on the westbound side of the highway happened around 3 p.m. Wednesday in Clinton County, State Police said Thursday.

The stretch remained closed Thursday afternoon with contractors trying to clear the vehicles, according to cops.

A second passenger died during the incident due to a medical issue, but it was not connected to the crash, cops said.

The fatality was one of five lives claimed during Winter Storm Gail, the first snowstorm of the season — which dumped more snow on New York City than all of last year combined.

more
https://nypost.com/2020/12/17/photos-show-deadly-66-car-pile-up-in-pa-during-snowstorm/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rustynail

'A second passenger died during the incident due to a medical issue, but it was not connected to the crash,'

Guess what it was?

Offline Victoria33

@Cyber Liberty

Bob grew up in Penn.  The first time I was with him, we were in the mountains of Penn., it was dark and raining.  Bob is the best driver in the world and knew those mountains.  The other thing he knew was beginning when he was old enough, about high school age, he helped his father who owned the funeral home, to gather bodies from crashes on those mountain roads.  Of course he told me about those times, while we were going through those mountains.  Because of his experience, he got us out of the mountains, stopped at a Cracker Barrel restaurant and I bought a big ceramic tray with a rooster on it.  That is my evidence I got down the mountain alive.

I am so sorry this happened.  Penn's mountain roads are so dangerous.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
'A second passenger died during the incident due to a medical issue, but it was not connected to the crash,'

Guess what it was?
LOL!
Absolutely right! Every death including a car crash or even gunshots is now a COVID death these days.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

How horrible.  No, I don't miss the snow, not in the least.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

@Cyber Liberty

Bob grew up in Penn.  The first time I was with him, we were in the mountains of Penn., it was dark and raining.  Bob is the best driver in the world and knew those mountains.  The other thing he knew was beginning when he was old enough, about high school age, he helped his father who owned the funeral home, to gather bodies from crashes on those mountain roads.  Of course he told me about those times, while we were going through those mountains.  Because of his experience, he got us out of the mountains, stopped at a Cracker Barrel restaurant and I bought a big ceramic tray with a rooster on it.  That is my evidence I got down the mountain alive.

I am so sorry this happened.  Penn's mountain roads are so dangerous.

Good for you. I love being in a home surrounded by mountains and hiking in the mountains, but I don't like being in a vehicle in the mountains and I'd be absolutely petrified of traveling in a vehicle in the mountains during the winter and especially driving through a snow storm.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I once heard about a guy driving a truck in Penn, It was just after dark when the truck started down
The hill that lead into Scranton Pennsylvania. He was a young driver, Just out on his second job.
And he was carrying the next day's pasty fruits
For everyone in that coal-scarred city
Where children play without despair
In backyard slag-piles and folks manage to eat each day
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.