General Category > Books and Authors

15 incredible benefits from reading every day

<< < (2/2)

jafo2010:
Reading has been a primary element of my life, all of my life.  I can remember one of my first books, I owned, was a kid's version of a biography of Abraham Lincoln.  I remember that book like it was yesterday.  I remember my mother coming up at 4AM or 5AM when I was young, and I would be curled up in a chair reading through the night.  She would shake her head and tell me to get some sleep.

I ended up with a degree in English, degree in History, and worked on a graduate degree in Business/Information Systems.  And much of my life entailed work that required reading extensive detailed tech materials.  I got bored as IT Director for a media company and went off to be a publisher of a small newspaper for a company that turned out to fall into what I consider ruthless. 

I never kept count how many books I read in a single year.  Maybe 30, perhaps more.

I started writing my first book, nonfiction, and had someone interested in publishing it.  It has been sitting here, unfinished for awhile now.  I have about two week's work remaining roughly.  I need to get focused with my life and get back to being productive. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version