General Category > Books and Authors

What are you reading right now?

<< < (2/116) > >>

libertybele:
I love to read when I get a chance -- usually around bedtime to help me sleep, but sometimes I get too enthralled with the book and wind up reading into the wee hours of mid morning.

Right now I have two books out from the library (and they don't give you enough time if their newer):

"The Water Dancer" - Ta-Nehisi Caoates

"The Giver of Stars" - Jojo Moyes

One of the best books that I have read this year and has been on the best sellers list for quite awhile is "Where the Crowdad's Sing" by Delia Owens.

I recently finished " Ordinary Grace", by William Kent Krueger and I really enjoyed it and thought I had found a new favorite author but read two other books by him and was very disappointed.

libertybele:

--- Quote from: sneakypete on December 17, 2020, 06:24:30 pm ---Right now I am too stupid to read anything. Chemo brain + fevers and chills does NOT make you bright. I read one page,and forget everything on it before I can finish the next page.

Hope to participate soon.

Will mention two authors before closing.

Louis L'Amour   western author,anything he ever wrote is as good as it gets.

W.E.B Griffin  military history from a fictional point of view,but actually writing about real people and real events. I even knew or hear about some of the people in his books from people who did know them.

Absolutely first class,each and every book in the Brotherhood of War series.

Do yourself a favor and start with Book 1,The Lieutenants,and work your way foreward as the books follow the careers of some of these soldiers from right before WW-2,right through the wars in the Muddle East.

Historical fiction (?) just doesn't get any better.

--- End quote ---

I too love historical fiction.

Hope you get to feeling better soon ... One day at a time @sneakypete

libertybele:

--- Quote from: bigheadfred on December 17, 2020, 01:54:38 pm ---I am reading Exodus Ark. J.N. Chaney. Young adult sci-fi. Easy reading and no thinking. Like watching a cheesy sci-fi tv show. Some small entertainment since I don't watch tv. I read a lot of these new authors. De-stresses me. And helps me sleep. I've read 74 books this year.

--- End quote ---

I have read every book by Danielle Steel -- easy reads...some are really good plots, some a little cheesy.  I call them "escape books".  I don't watch tv either.

Polly Ticks:

--- Quote from: libertybele on December 17, 2020, 07:12:00 pm ---I have read every book by Danielle Steel -- easy reads...some are really good plots, some a little cheesy.  I call them "escape books".  I don't watch tv either.

--- End quote ---

I'm sensing a pattern here.  I don't watch TV, either, except during baseball season.  :)
And "escape books" are great - I have read the entire J. D Robb "In Death" series multiple times. 

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Polly Ticks on December 17, 2020, 07:26:50 pm ---I'm sensing a pattern here.  I don't watch TV, either, except during baseball season.  :)
And "escape books" are great - I have read the entire J. D Robb "In Death" series multiple times.

--- End quote ---

Murder mysteries??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version