Author Topic: What are you reading right now?  (Read 84403 times)

Online corbe

Re: What are you reading right now?
« Reply #275 on: June 13, 2021, 06:18:29 pm »
   I just started it. I'm most the way through Chapter 1.  The Trump Hate hasn't started yet.  If it gets too overwhelming, even for me, I'll put it down or burn it.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #276 on: June 18, 2021, 02:03:46 pm »
Haven't read it yet, but plan to purchase:
The Adversaries: A Story of Boston and Bunker Hill Paperback – June 14, 2021
by Ned Ryun (Author)

Boston, September 1774. It is the confrontation that changes the course of history ... for England and for America. The tension between the colonies and Britain has reached a breaking point. The British are determined to tighten their grip on the colonies, but have underestimated the resolve of their subjects in Boston who refuse to bend the knee.

From the salons of London, where English elites plot the crushing of the colonies as coolly as playing a game of chess, to the halls of Philadelphia where firebrands challenge the British resolve, and to the backstreets of Boston where men who once called each other brothers in arms now plot against and fight each other for the Crown or for liberty, this compelling story tells the tale of the nine months that transformed the world.

In The Adversaries the men and women - who packed the powder keg and lit the fuse to the revolution that transformed distant colonies into a beacon of liberty - come to life on the streets of London, Boston, and Charlestown in a compelling and dramatic narrative of tested loyalties and fateful meetings. ...
Amazon

Ned Ryun is the son of former Rep. (and world-class miler) Jim Ryun. He writes for American Greatness and is CEO at American Majority.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #277 on: June 18, 2021, 05:46:31 pm »
Haven't read it yet, but plan to purchase:Amazon

Ned Ryun is the son of former Rep. (and world-class miler) Jim Ryun. He writes for American Greatness and is CEO at American Majority.

@mountaineer

Please write a review once you read it. I have just not gotten enough memory back to start reading again,and it sounds like something I would want to read once I catch up.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #278 on: June 18, 2021, 06:21:00 pm »
@sneakypete

My "Reflections of a Warrior," has been delayed until June 26-28.  Be in touch with you then.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #279 on: June 19, 2021, 02:14:56 am »
@sneakypete

My "Reflections of a Warrior," has been delayed until June 26-28.  Be in touch with you then.

@Victoria33

That's odd. Must be a publishing thing because Amazon pretty much always ships immediately.

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #280 on: June 25, 2021, 08:13:04 am »
Finished the Tom Clancy novel.  Was a bit extreme the torture Jr experiences and still manages to fight his enemies. 

In any case, interesting story on other books I was waiting for.  Received an email indicating the next three books from Alex Berenson I was waiting for had been delivered to my home.  But no package was delivered.  Next day, I filed a complaint with the USPS.  I was told literally that the person that delivered the package had a GPS read of exactly where the books were delivered.

The good news is that two days later, the package is sitting on my stoop out front.  I checked with both neighbors to see if the package was delivered to their house accidentally and they indicated they did not have my package.   So where it went, I have no idea, but I got it.  So, filing a complaint right off might be critical to getting your packages when they go astray.

Online jafo2010

« Reply #281 on: June 25, 2021, 08:36:30 am »
Started reading Twelve Days by Alex Berenson, which is sort of a Part II of the prior novel.  Love his writing.  Got just three more of his books to read to be caught up to date with his writing.

This is the same guy appearing on Tucker Carlson that is writing the pamphlets about COVID, the latest about Vaccines. 

I had my car in today for repair and started talking to a woman in the waiting room.  We landed on the subject of COVID, and she proudly said she and her whole family got the vaccine.  She turned and asked if I got it, I said, 'hell no!  And I'm not, not now, not ever.  Too dangerous."  She replied that 'the vaccines were fully tested and proven safe'.  I said, "nothing could be further from the truth.  The FDA labeled these vaccines as experimental, and they are not tested.  Nine months does not allow for the full testing that other pharma products undergo.  What you said is simply not accurate."

I have heard more than one credible virologist indicate these vaccines are completely untested, and tests to date actually had animals dying or becoming severely ill.  Plus, they are saying it is not the receipt of the shot, it is what they anticipate will happen years 2 through 20.  They are indicating huge numbers of folks will experience an auto immune response with the NEXT VIRUS, and they indicate many will die.  That and the advice from a friend who worked with a general still in the military heading up viral research who made it blatantly clear to avoid these vaccines like the plague, that is all I need to hear.

Back to Alex Berenson, every time I hear him, he is making it very clear with his research that the whole charade with this pandemic is riddled with decisions that are NOT in the best interest of the people of the world. 

And now the news is beginning to touch on the harm of the vaccines to young people's hearts, we have made our population guinea pigs.  I am told the FDA pulls a drug when there are 50 deaths.  We are now approaching near 6,000 deaths from the vaccine and 250,000 with severe responses.  These numbers are not positive results by any stretch.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 05:05:47 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline rustynail

« Reply #282 on: June 25, 2021, 11:23:06 am »
The Gary Larson Facebook page.......https://www.facebook.com/world.of.gary.larson.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #283 on: June 25, 2021, 11:50:03 am »
I’m reading cookbooks right now. I’ve been trying to learn how to cook this year. I like very simple food so I’m learning more complex dishes.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online jafo2010

« Reply #284 on: July 13, 2021, 05:13:15 pm »
Finished Twelve Days, The Wolves, and The Prisoner by Alex Berenson.  All great reads.

Currently reading his last book about John Wells, spy extraordinaire, The Deceivers.

He is the ONLY author(I know) that has his email listed in his books so that one can communicate with him about his books.  He has responded to all but one of my emails. 

Enjoyed his books very much!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 05:14:12 pm by jafo2010 »

Offline rustynail

« Reply #285 on: July 13, 2021, 05:35:19 pm »
Operational Considerations for Community Isolation Centers for COVID-19 in Low-Resource Settings

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/global-covid-19/operational-considerations-isolation-centers.html

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #286 on: July 14, 2021, 12:38:39 am »
Operational Considerations for Community Isolation Centers

"Community Isolation Centers"?????

Shades of Stalin!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #287 on: July 14, 2021, 12:36:24 pm »
I'm on another Dean Koontz binge right now. Haven't gotten around to Ned Ryun's book yet.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #288 on: July 14, 2021, 02:29:58 pm »
A W.E.B Griffin book about early post-war Germany,and the OSS versus the KGB. Book is in my truck and I can't remember the name.

Online jafo2010

« Reply #289 on: July 19, 2021, 07:45:46 am »
Griffin is one of my favorite authors.

The series you are talking about is Clandestine Operations
Book I     Top Secret
Book II    The Assassination Option
Book III   Curtain of Death
Book IV    Death at Nuremberg
Book V     The Enemy of My Enemy

In my humble opinion, this series is the weakest of all his series.  He hasn't published in two years after cranking out two books a year for most years.  Not sure what is going on.  They could use shadow writers like the Clancy dynasty, which has produced some great books.  Command Authority is one of the best book issued in his name since he passed away.

Offline Gefn

« Reply #290 on: July 19, 2021, 11:16:34 am »
I’m looking for a really good books on The Vikings.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Also any books on Viking Mythology.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #291 on: July 19, 2021, 01:49:51 pm »
Griffin is one of my favorite authors.

The series you are talking about is Clandestine Operations
Book I     Top Secret
Book II    The Assassination Option
Book III   Curtain of Death
Book IV    Death at Nuremberg
Book V     The Enemy of My Enemy

In my humble opinion, this series is the weakest of all his series. He hasn't published in two years after cranking out two books a year for most years.  Not sure what is going on.  They could use shadow writers like the Clancy dynasty, which has produced some great books.  Command Authority is one of the best book issued in his name since he passed away.

@jafo2010

Well,he ain't a puppy anymore.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 01:50:49 pm by sneakypete »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #292 on: July 19, 2021, 02:02:31 pm »
I’m looking for a really good books on The Vikings.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Also any books on Viking Mythology.

I assume you've read the books by TWB?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #293 on: July 19, 2021, 02:04:30 pm »
I'm reading "A Wizard’s Guide to Defensive Baking" by T. Kingfisher.  It's light and delightful, and just what I needed right now.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Gefn

« Reply #294 on: July 19, 2021, 02:11:57 pm »
I assume you've read the books by TWB?

Of course! I’m looking for something to help me though, maybe a textbook type history.

I’ll go over to the university library and see if I can locate something one day.

Online jafo2010

« Reply #295 on: July 19, 2021, 05:16:34 pm »
Pete,

I know WEB is no youngster.  He did have his son helping him write, but then nothing for two+ years.  I am a huge fan, and saddened to see he did not follow Clancy's approach for publishing.  Some of Clancy's best books are since he passed away in 2013.

Plus, I would like to see him write books in other series versus the latest series, particularly the Presidential Series. 

Offline rustynail

« Reply #296 on: July 19, 2021, 05:19:49 pm »
The Rise of Political Correctness
Angelo M. Codevilla

https://claremontreviewofbooks.com/the-rise-of-political-correctness/

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #297 on: July 19, 2021, 06:10:09 pm »
Reading The Nixon Tapes 1973. Amazing how little Nixon knew at the beginning of Watergate, and how quickly he was ready to throw any and everybody overboard to protect himself. I'm also amazed at what a weasel John Dean was.

Also reading Moby Dick. I expected a hard slog, but it's quite breezy and enjoyable so far. Next chapter Ahab comes into the picture, so I expect things will change.
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #298 on: July 19, 2021, 10:32:32 pm »
I'm currently in volume 3 of James Kuntsler's "World Made by Hand" series:
1. World Made By Hand (2008)
2. The Witch of Hebron (2010)
3. A History of the Future (2014)
4. The Harrows of Spring (2016)

The setting is a fictional town of "Union Grove" in Washington County, New York (north of Albany/Troy). I sense that much of his town is taken from the real locale of Greenwich, NY.

The series describes life in a small community after "the oil has run out" and disease has decimated much of the population. But it's not like the typical post-apocalypse movie or books. A touch of the mystical/supernatural is mixed in as well.

Very easy to read (considering I started these after finishing Richard Rhodes' "The Making of the Atomic Bomb"). I find that I have to "limit myself" to about 60-70 "pages" at a time (I read using e-book software on a MacBook Pro) so that I can stretch it out and have more to read each day.

These can be found at amazon, or (cough) "elsewhere" if you know where to look (and I know where to look for anything I need that can come in off the net)...

BassWrangler

« Reply #299 on: July 20, 2021, 12:39:38 am »
I am reading "Designing 3D Printers: Essential Knowledge" by Neil Rosenberg. I just started it last night, but was immediately disappointed to see there is a bunch of basic stuffup front I'll need to skip through. Also disappointed to read it doesn't contain any math. But hopefully there is some useful knowledge in there once I get past the intro stuff.