General Category > Books and Authors

What are you reading right now?

<< < (3/116) > >>

Gefn:

--- Quote from: libertybele on December 17, 2020, 07:12:00 pm ---I have read every book by Danielle Steel -- easy reads...some are really good plots, some a little cheesy.  I call them "escape books".  I don't watch tv either.

--- End quote ---

There’s a brand new one that just came out by Danielle Steel. “Moral Compass”

Gefn:
Does anyone read Oprah’s or Reese Witherspoon’s book of the month?

My favorite historical fiction writer would be Sharon Kay Penman. Love her stuff, and it is accurate

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Gefn on December 17, 2020, 07:45:29 pm ---There’s a brand new one that just came out by Danielle Steel. “Moral Compass”

--- End quote ---

"Moral Compas" well, it was the only one of her books that I started to read and I didn't finish it -- I didn't like the subject matter; assaults and rapes.

Another new one of hers that I felt was much much better is "The Wedding Dress"...good easy, pleasant read. 

I really enjoyed "Royal" and my favorite book of hers for 2020 is "Daddy's Girls" -- both great I thought.

My all time favorite book of hers continues to be "A Good Woman". (2008)

libertybele:

--- Quote from: Gefn on December 17, 2020, 07:46:36 pm ---Does anyone read Oprah’s or Reese Witherspoon’s book of the month?

My favorite historical fiction writer would be Sharon Kay Penman. Love her stuff, and it is accurate

--- End quote ---

Yes, I've looked at the list a couple of times.  That's how I came to read "Where the Crawdads Sing".

Thanks for the tip on Sharon Kay Penman ... love historical fiction.  I'll give her a try. happy77

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: libertybele on December 17, 2020, 07:12:00 pm ---I have read every book by Danielle Steel -- easy reads...some are really good plots, some a little cheesy.  I call them "escape books".  I don't watch tv either.

--- End quote ---

@libertybele @bigheadfred

Y'all are cheating yourselves by not watching tv. Tv shows ain't the mindless pablum they used to be. Get a ROKU player or a sat dish so you can stream series like "The Wire", "Breaking Bad",""","MI-5","Shameless","The "Vikings","Poldark","Ray Donovan","The Americans","Lonesome Dove",and last but not least by any means,"Shameless".

There is also a lot of good tv series now. Broadcast tv pretty much had to up their game or go out of business.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version