General Category > Books and Authors

What are you reading right now?

(1/116) > >>

Cyber Liberty:
Kicking off the new Category.  Please tell us about what you're reading today!  I'm reading Greg Gutfeld's Gutfeld's Monologues.  I am not a fast reader, so I'll probably take a week to get through it on my Kindle.

(Most of the stuff I read is right here!)

bigheadfred:
I am reading Exodus Ark. J.N. Chaney. Young adult sci-fi. Easy reading and no thinking. Like watching a cheesy sci-fi tv show. Some small entertainment since I don't watch tv. I read a lot of these new authors. De-stresses me. And helps me sleep. I've read 74 books this year.

Polly Ticks:

--- Quote from: bigheadfred on December 17, 2020, 01:54:38 pm ---I am reading Exodus Ark. J.N. Chaney. Young adult sci-fi. Easy reading and no thinking. Like watching a cheesy sci-fi tv show. Some small entertainment since I don't watch tv. I read a lot of these new authors. De-stresses me. And helps me sleep. I've read 74 books this year.

--- End quote ---

I am not familiar with that one, but I love reading speculative fiction and have more than a couple YA titles on my (real-world and digital) bookshelves.

Gefn:
74 books is a lot @bigheadfred

It’s been difficult with libraries closed, so I’d be quite happy with it.

Most of what I’ve read this year are re reads of books I have in my personal library. Or books from Audible.

I really enjoy audio books, because you can do things you don’t like to do at the same time while you listen. Like cleaning house. Or you can take them on a nice long walk and you don’t realize how long you’ve walked.

sneakypete:
Right now I am too stupid to read anything. Chemo brain + fevers and chills does NOT make you bright. I read one page,and forget everything on it before I can finish the next page.

Hope to participate soon.

Will mention two authors before closing.

Louis L'Amour   western author,anything he ever wrote is as good as it gets.

W.E.B Griffin  military history from a fictional point of view,but actually writing about real people and real events. I even knew or hear about some of the people in his books from people who did know them.

Absolutely first class,each and every book in the Brotherhood of War series.

Do yourself a favor and start with Book 1,The Lieutenants,and work your way foreward as the books follow the careers of some of these soldiers from right before WW-2,right through the wars in the Muddle East.

Historical fiction (?) just doesn't get any better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version