Author Topic: How to cope with liberal relatives during the holidays  (Read 521 times)

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
How to cope with liberal relatives during the holidays
« on: December 16, 2020, 08:22:41 pm »
It's easy to fall into the trap of having angry arguments with relatives during the holidays.
I don't tell people to agree with me or else. That's what leftists do.

Instead of discussing facts and merits, they go straight to abuse and punishment.
They do that because the facts are ALWAYS against them.

This is a good opportunity for conservatives to distinguish themselves from leftists.
We are the philosophy of ideas and civility. They are the cult of abuse.

They are terrorists. They don't say, "Believe becasue of this or that reason."
They say, "Obey or be punished!"

I DO strongly criticize the politicians, but I go easier on the voters.
I assume that many, if not most of them
do not want to do evil (unlike the politicians)
I assume that many Dem voters are sincerely misinformed.
They're busy taking care of their own affairs.
They haven't found the time (or the right sources of information)
to see what's really going on.

I even partly excuse people for being misinformed.
The left has been practicing deceit for at least several centuries.
They've gotten to be very good at it!
They've advanced the art of lying to where
they can deceive some pretty smart people!

And I don't try to do it all in one session.
It takes time to overcome living an entire lifetime in an ocean of deception.
From time to time, I briefly mention some leftist policy
that goes against my acquaintance's values.
I keep myself positioned where I am their friend, the Dems are their enemy.
(Which is the absolute truth.)

Some people are more open minded than others.
Some people can NEVER be persuaded, no matter how good you are.
You just have to accept that and be satisfied with the ones you can persuade.

I hope this comment saves some families from splitting up, 
saves some people from delusion by corrupt politicians,
and ultimately saves civilization from the destruction
to which those politicians are leading us!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: How to cope with liberal relatives during the holidays
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 08:56:52 pm »
We have never had any liberal relatives in my family.  Pretty much a prerequisite. I do understand I have a second cousin, who has a wife that is....   But she is a pariah by design.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 08:59:06 pm »
As I told one of my remaining Libtard friends...  I promise I will treat your president with the same amount of respect you showed mine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online rustynail

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 09:02:49 pm »
Shoot, shovel, and shut up?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 09:05:14 pm »
Just like everything else... Duct tape and alcohol.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 09:05:53 pm »
I have no liberal relatives..my dil [who was a lib] voted for Trump... :tongue2:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2020, 10:21:26 pm »
"I like pie," would be particularly appropriate and timely.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2020, 10:54:24 pm »
"I like pie," would be particularly appropriate and timely.

Sometimes, changing the subject is the best that is possible.

In any case, try to keep the TONE of the conversation cheerful.

Greet one another cheerfully. Try to put one another at ease.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2020, 10:59:18 pm »
My in-laws stay away from me at this time of year. They know the only subject I will discuss is Gonzaga basketball. I have a BIL who's a huge Oklahoma fan, so we go back and forth on that.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2020, 11:10:31 pm »
2020 and dealing with Libtard relations is like being gifted a Fruitcake.  The biggest Fruitcake ever given in the history of the Fruitcakes.  The tasty holiday treat that no one ever bothers to eat. 

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2020, 11:12:32 pm »
2020 and dealing with Libtard relations is like being gifted a Fruitcake.  The biggest Fruitcake ever given in the history of the Fruitcakes.  The tasty holiday treat that no one ever bothers to eat.

One of ours has been continually re-gifted ever since 1936. We had an older one in the family, but the foundation on the tool shed needed shoring.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2020, 11:17:21 pm »
One of ours has been continually re-gifted ever since 1936. We had an older one in the family, but the foundation on the tool shed needed shoring.

Roamer, Those things have a shelf life of like what ,  100 years?  LOL  good use a petrified/putrefied one!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2020, 11:20:49 pm »
Roamer, Those things have a shelf life of like what ,  100 years?  LOL  good use a petrified/putrefied one!

Yeah... They're like candy corn... They only made that crap one time back in 1953... Seems we'll never run out  :shrug: :laugh:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2020, 12:34:20 am »
Weeeeeeeeeeell, if we want to see our granddaughters, we must never talk politics but the flip side is neither do my son and daughter in law so equal treatment. I can't say anything about alphabet soupers because my DIL was one? still scratching my head over that one. I can't doubt any accusation no matter how ridiculous or patently false a woman makes about a man..............because woman! Basically my wife and me always feel like we are on pins and needles when we visit and never really get to enjoy the grandkids, so those are the only liberal relatives I have to cope with since we really don't get together with any of the rest of the family who all somehow mutated into liberals.

At least with my daughter, son in law and grandson we are all of the same conservative mindset.

Good luck to all that have to deal with many liberal relatives, basically I just try and follow the rule at gatherings of shut up and enjoy.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2020, 12:44:11 am »
We are fortunate and have no interaction with liberal relatives.  My husband is a descendant of George Clymer who signed both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. Definitely no liberal conversation at the dinner table. Many generations of military and current military.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 12:52:17 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2020, 09:16:54 pm »

Remember Johnny Carson's theory about fruitcake -

"There's only one fruitcake in existence. It just keeps getting re-gifted."
   -- John Stuart Mill