Author Topic: FDA Approves Genetically Engineered Pigs  (Read 364 times)

Online mountaineer

FDA Approves Genetically Engineered Pigs
« on: December 16, 2020, 06:51:56 pm »
Dec. 15, 2020
On Monday, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved a first-of-its-kind intentional genomic alteration (IGA) in a line of domestic pigs, referred to as GalSafe pigs, which may be used for food or human therapeutics. This is the first IGA in an animal that the FDA has approved for both human food consumption and as a source for potential therapeutic uses. The IGA in GalSafe pigs is intended to eliminate alpha-gal sugar on the surface of the pigs’ cells. People with Alpha-gal syndrome (AGS) may have mild to severe allergic reactions to alpha-gal sugar found in red meat (e.g., beef, pork, and lamb).

“Today’s first ever approval of an animal biotechnology product for both food and as a potential source for biomedical use represents a tremendous milestone for scientific innovation,” said FDA Commissioner Stephen M. Hahn, M.D. “As part of our public health mission, the FDA strongly supports advancing innovative animal biotechnology products that are safe for animals, safe for people, and achieve their intended results. Today’s action underscores the success of the FDA in modernizing our scientific processes to optimize a risk-based approach that advances cutting-edge innovations in which consumers can have confidence.”

GalSafe pigs may potentially provide a source of porcine-based materials to produce human medical products that are free of detectable alpha-gal sugar. For example, GalSafe pigs could potentially be used as a source of medical products, such as the blood-thinning drug heparin, free of detectable alpha-gal sugar. Tissues and organs from GalSafe pigs could potentially address the issue of immune rejection in patients receiving xenotransplants, as alpha-gal sugar is believed to be a cause of rejection in patients. ...

The product developer indicated that it initially intends to sell meat from GalSafe pigs by mail order, rather than in supermarkets.

The FDA granted approval of the IGA in GalSafe pigs to Revivicor Inc. ...
Full story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Knox27

Re: FDA Approves Genetically Engineered Pigs
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 07:02:33 pm »
Dec. 15, 2020Full story

From what I've read there are about 5000 cases of AGS.  Someone did all this for 5000 people?  I guess something had to be the first IGA pig.  If this is the first step to creating a pig that is entirely made of loin and rib, I'm all in.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 07:22:14 pm »
Preliminary photo of the first Genetically Engineered Pig:

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 07:23:37 pm »
Thankfully, Yah has said to treat pigs as unclean... Maybe there's a reason for that...

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 07:43:19 pm »
Does the modification mean the pigs will still be voting Dem?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 07:47:55 pm »
Thankfully, Yah has said to treat pigs as unclean... Maybe there's a reason for that...
They didn't have good barbecue back then?  :whistle:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2020, 07:52:29 pm »
They didn't have good barbecue back then?  :whistle:

I don't eat pig. I love BBQ... So...  :shrug:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2020, 08:05:59 pm »
How lucky for Biden they developed just in time for the election.