Author Topic: 6 First Gun Control Measures To Expect From A Biden Administration  (Read 4997 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

6 First Gun Control Measures To Expect From A Biden Administration

If we have a Joe Biden administration in the White House on Jan. 20, we will have the most overtly anti-gun president in American history.

By Ryan Cleckner
December 16, 2020

If we have a Joe Biden administration in the White House on Jan. 20, we will have the most overtly anti-gun president in American history.

Biden’s plan lists effectively every gun control measure ever proposed: banning “assault weapons,” banning “high-capacity” magazines, limiting the number of guns an American can purchase, holding manufacturers liable for the criminal misuse of their products, and many, many more.

Out of the myriad options a Biden administration will have to infringe on our constitutional protections, which will they choose first? Based on my experience with clients and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (AFT) as a firearms attorney, some recent news events, and a bit of firearm-industry intuition, I think the first things a Biden administration will do regarding guns if given the chance are:

Banning pistol braces
    Banning homemade firearms/80 percent receivers
    Banning online firearm and ammunition sales

Shortly after the first bans, and if he has the help of the Senate, the next gun control measures will likely be:

Banning “assault weapons”
    Banning “high capacity” magazines
    Requiring universal background checks

Let’s examine each of these in turn.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/12/16/6-first-gun-control-measures-to-expect-from-a-biden-administration/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Re: 6 First Gun Control Measures To Expect From A Biden Administration
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 04:24:42 pm »

By Ryan Cleckner
December 16, 2020

Biden’s plan lists effectively every gun control measure ever proposed: banning “assault weapons,” banning “high-capacity” magazines, limiting the number of guns an American can purchase, holding manufacturers liable for the criminal misuse of their products, and many, many more.

Out of the myriad options a Biden administration will have to infringe on our constitutional protections, which will they choose first? Based on my experience with clients and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (AFT) as a firearms attorney, some recent news events, and a bit of firearm-industry intuition, I think the first things a Biden administration will do regarding guns if given the chance are:

Banning pistol braces

Shortly after the first bans, and if he has the help of the Senate, the next gun control measures will likely be:

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/12/16/6-first-gun-control-measures-to-expect-from-a-biden-administration/
Good thing this won't piss anyone off.  :laugh:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 04:42:47 pm »
Good thing this won't piss anyone off.  :laugh:

If Biden delivers on his "Beto threat", as admin of ATF, or Firearms Czar , don't be suprised to see the words "confiscation" filter into those measures.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline verga

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 04:24:58 pm »
 :bkmk:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 04:39:44 pm »
If Biden delivers on his "Beto threat", as admin of ATF, or Firearms Czar , don't be suprised to see the words "confiscation" filter into those measures.

In all of our history the second amendment might be most needed today as we enter the dark period when we witness the take-over of America by the radical left.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 11:53:18 pm »
I'm beginning to think it's a good time to add that Henry lever action rifle that shoots 5.56 rounds to the collection.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2021, 01:06:45 am »

@catfish1957

I won't be surprised,but I sure will be happy to see it laid out right there in the open for everybody to see.

No more of those "common sense gun safety" weasel words,just come right and and admit you want to confiscate firearms from everybody but you and your bodyguards,and be done with it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2021, 01:11:07 am »
I'm beginning to think it's a good time to add that Henry lever action rifle that shoots 5.56 rounds to the collection.

@txradioguy

Why? Get a 30/30,45/70,or maybe 45ACP, or 44 Magnum, and be done with it? Of course,if it were me,I would get a Marlin.

If you want a 5.56,get a Car-15 clone in semi-auto.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2021, 01:16:43 am »
@txradioguy

Why? Get a 30/30,45/70,or maybe 45ACP, or 44 Magnum, and be done with it? Of course,if it were me,I would get a Marlin.

If you want a 5.56,get a Car-15 clone in semi-auto.

@sneakypete

I've already got my Glenfield 30-30.  I'm deadly accurate with it too.   But if I've got the Henry 5.56...to me it's a stealth AR of sorts and a way to give a finger to the gun grabbers banning anything that shoots an M-16 round.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2021, 01:27:23 am »
@sneakypete

I've already got my Glenfield 30-30.  I'm deadly accurate with it too.   But if I've got the Henry 5.56...to me it's a stealth AR of sorts and a way to give a finger to the gun grabbers banning anything that shoots an M-16 round.

@txradioguy

OK,I'm just not a fan of the 5.56mm round. Can see it in something on an Armalite frame,but not with any other type of rifle. MIGHT be ok in a TC Contender with a 14 inch barrel,though.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2021, 01:31:47 am »
@txradioguy

OK,I'm just not a fan of the 5.56mm round. Can see it in something on an Armalite frame,but not with any other type of rifle. MIGHT be ok in a TC Contender with a 14 inch barrel,though.

@sneakypete Not a real fan when compared to other rounds...but like the 9mm it is the most common these days.  Henry also makes this particular lever action in .308 which is probably more akin to what you're used to back in the day with the M-14.

I just want to stick it to the gun grabbers any way I can for as long as I can.  I figure when most of these infant assholes see a lever action they see a "safe old grandpa's deer rifle" and not something that can and will deliver accurately the very round they despise.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2021, 01:34:12 am »

With the scarcity of ammo, it may be better to choose a weapon according to ammo availability. 7.62x54R ammo is probably more available and Mosin Nagant rifle are usually available.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2021, 02:12:27 am »
@sneakypete
Not a real fan when compared to other rounds...but like the 9mm it is the most common these days.  Henry also makes this particular lever action in .308 which is probably more akin to what you're used to back in the day with the M-14.

@txradioguy

Just how old do you think I am,anyhow?
BTW,while I was issued a M-14 in basic,I was issued a brand new Armalite AR-15 without the bolt forward assist when I got to Ft.Bragg in early 65. Only 7.62/308 stuff I fooled with after that was shot out of a M-60. I would have most likely carried a FN-FAL in 7.62 in VN if I could have found one,but had zero interest in carrying a M-14 or a BAR in the jungle. I did and do LOVE BAR's,though. I just don't love carrying them and their loaded magazines in 100 degree + weather.

I do LOVE,LOVE,LOVE FN-FAL's in .308,though! Especially those you could buy as a demilled "kit gun" back in the 80's for $200 bucks or less at times,depending on who was selling it and what version it was. I personally preferred the German version to the others,and at one time you could buy them for 200 bucks that included what looked like a brand new heavy MG barrel,cleaning kit,and some magazines. Buy a $150-200 semi-auto receiver,slap the two together,and you had a rifle that you would have to pay up to 2 grand for even back then.

The Israeli surplus were the ones you wanted to buy if you wanted a heavy barrel,because it seems like most of them were configured as squad automatic rifles.

I especially loved the adjustable gas system on the FAL's. I can shoot any kind of surplus 7.62 I can get my hands on and it will function 100 percent reliably regardless if it is a squib load,or surplus MG loads that would beat a normal rifle to death.

Think I was paying about 150 bucks for sealed battlepacks of a  thousand rounds back then,too. Military surplus from places like Israel,Argentina,and it was sealed and looked brand new. Hell,you couldn't even reload if it you already had the empty brass for what I was buying it for.

True,you had to make some adjustments on your sights for the different loads if you were shooting out to 500 yards or so,but that was no bid deal. Just make a note of what your sight setting are for each load/supplier,and you were golden the next time you bought some of that flavor.

I honestly don't even know if it is even possible to buy surplus 7.62 anymore,or what it costs. I am pretty sure all the surplus "parts guns" on the market back then were dumped in the ocean once Bubba Bill signed a law that stiffly restricted the importation of surplus military rifles into the US. The US was obviously the largest market for items like that

I just want to stick it to the gun grabbers any way I can for as long as I can.  I figure when most of these infant assholes see a lever action they see a "safe old grandpa's deer rifle" and not something that can and will deliver accurately the very round they despise.

I hear ya on that,plus I LOVE Marlin's. I have wanted a Marlin in 45-70 ever since they came out,but for some reason have never gotten around to buying one. Probably never will now. For some reason I seem to have lost all interest in shooting. Guess I just got burned out on it and then didn't have the time.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2021, 02:14:04 am »
With the scarcity of ammo, it may be better to choose a weapon according to ammo availability. 7.62x54R ammo is probably more available and Mosin Nagant rifle are usually available.

@Elderberry

True,but you might want to consider adding the cost of a new stock with a rubber recoil pad. Recoil in those things is brutal with the factory stock and steel butt plate.

BassWrangler

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2021, 02:14:36 am »

By Ryan Cleckner
December 16, 2020

Banning pistol braces

more

Add this one to the list: expanding the firearms import ban to include all countries.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2021, 02:15:34 am »
@sneakypete based on that last post you're exactly as old as I figured you were! LOL!

BTW you can get a Marlin 336 in 45-70 govt. for a pretty good price these days.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2021, 02:18:06 am »
@Elderberry

True,but you might want to consider adding the cost of a new stock with a rubber recoil pad. Recoil in those things is brutal with the factory stock and steel butt plate.

How true. I got pinched once between a 95 Mauser steel butt plate and the shooting bench.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2021, 02:25:23 am »
Add this one to the list: expanding the firearms import ban to include all countries.

And if that actually happens and word leaks out expect to see a sudden rush of firearms manufacturers who aren't in the U.S. already establish a U.S. arm of their company to get around that ban.

BassWrangler

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2021, 02:27:55 am »
And if that actually happens and word leaks out expect to see a sudden rush of firearms manufacturers who aren't in the U.S. already establish a U.S. arm of their company to get around that ban.

I think this is behind CZ trying to buy Colt. But that trend has been ongoing for awhile, Sig, Glock, Kalashnikov USA, etc. Plus we've seen several manufacturers offering AK variants made 100% in the US (Palmetto State Armory, Kalashnikov USA, etc.)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2021, 03:35:53 am »
I think this is behind CZ trying to buy Colt. But that trend has been ongoing for awhile, Sig, Glock, Kalashnikov USA, etc. Plus we've seen several manufacturers offering AK variants made 100% in the US (Palmetto State Armory, Kalashnikov USA, etc.)

The other reason they set up US branches of their European manufacturing is that they want in on the military contracts and those contracts dictate that the firearms manufacturer have a U.S. headquarters.  That's how FN is able to make the SAW and Sig can make the M17/18.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2021, 03:40:46 am »
CZ-USA is headquartered in Kansas.

https://cz-usa.com/company/about-cz-usa/

About CZ-USA

Headquartered in Kansas City, KS since 1998, CZ-USA is an importer, manufacturer and distributor of pistols, rifles, shotguns and suppressors. The exclusive US importer of rifles and pistols from Česká zbrojovka a.s. Uherský Brod, (CZUB) of the Czech Republic, CZ-USA also designs and imports the CZ-USA Field Sports line of shotguns from Turkey. Fine 1911s and revolvers are made by subsidiary Dan Wesson and a growing line of CZ-USA suppressors is available for rimfire and centerfire firearms.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2021, 03:46:01 am »
CZ-USA is headquartered in Kansas.

https://cz-usa.com/company/about-cz-usa/

They are smart.  They are ahead of the game.

Offline Freedom2020

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2021, 04:15:12 am »
All this that we are experiencing has happened before, during the Russian, Chinese, Cuban, and Venezuelan revolutions, and was explained in the work of Andrew Lobaczweski in which he and his colleagues, in communist Poland, discovered that communist elite was composed, for the most part, of psychopathic individuals acting in a cooperative manner. In the same way that psychopathic individuals form drug gangs in big cities, psychopaths can  turn their attention to politics and acting cooperatively, taking power.  The result is what we're seeing now, and it's going to get a lot worse if people don't have access to this information. I made a text that explains Lobaczweski's findings and applies it to today. Visit the article and if possible share it. According to the author, the best way to block this psychopathic elite is informing the population.
-->    http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,424671.0.html    <--
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 04:16:43 am by Freedom2020 »

BassWrangler

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2021, 05:57:22 am »
TO ALL YOU GUYS:

In a gun fight, I want the master gunman by my side and that is 44444heart @sneakypete.