Author Topic: Elon Musk confirms he's moved to Texas after a months-long fight with California  (Read 530 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

After months of speculation, Elon Musk on Tuesday confirmed he has moved to Texas.

He made the announcement at a virtual conference hosted by The Wall Street Journal, while continuing to criticize his former home of California.

"Tesla and SpaceX obviously have mass operations in California," Musk told the paper's editor-in-chief, Matt Murray. "In fact, it's worth noting that Tesla is the last car company still manufacturing cars in California. Space X is the last aerospace company still doing significant manufacturing in California. There used to be over a dozen car plants in California, and California used to be the center of aerospace manufacturing. My companies are the last two left."

"For myself, yes, I have moved to Texas," Musk continued. "We've got the Starship development here in South Texas where I am right now. We're hopefully going to do a launch later today. And then we've got big factory developments just outside of Austin for Giga Texas."

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-ceo-elon-musk-confirms-move-to-texas-2020-12

Hooked' em.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Tesla's Elon Musk could save billions in move to Texas

Houston Chronicle by  Paul Takahashi Dec. 9, 2020

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/Elon-Musk-s-move-from-California-to-Texas-could-15789041.php

Elon Musk said he moved to Texas because he was fed up with California’s COVID-19 response and to be closer to his Tesla and SpaceX facilities in the Lone Star State.

But there could be another reason for Musk’s big move: avoiding California’s capital gains taxes.

Musk — the CEO of California-based Tesla and SpaceX — this year became the world’s second richest man with a net worth of $157 billion, mostly from his roughly 20 percent stake in Tesla.

If Musk sold his Tesla shares as a California resident, he would be subject to the Golden State’s capital gains tax of 13.3 percent on top of the federal capital gains tax of 20 percent. The California capital gains tax on his $18 billion of stock options in Tesla would amount to a charge of nearly $2.4 billion.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
"Our loss is their loss." —Oscar Levant
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

"Our loss is their loss." —Oscar Levant
A quote without an explanation is just worthless.

Explain what you mean as no one knows who Our or their is.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am not a huge fan of Saint Elon but I'll give him credit for waking up and smelting the coffee.

For many years people said Californy is the place you ought to be
So people loaded up the truck and they moved to Beverly....
Hills, that is. Swimmin pools, movie stars, smog, traffic, High taxes, regulations, Democrat's.....

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

I am not a huge fan of Saint Elon but I'll give him credit for waking up and smelting the coffee.

For many years people said Californy is the place you ought to be
So people loaded up the truck and they moved to Beverly....
Hills, that is. Swimmin pools, movie stars, smog, traffic, High taxes, regulations, Democrat's.....
If Jed Clampet found oil on his property today, he certainly would not be going to California, but likely Dallas like JR.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

I'll go even further.  IMO he's a left leaning carpet bagger who built the largest Auto company in the country on the backs of the U.S. taxpayer subsidies.

Now, he will bring hoards of Californians  who consistently vote Blue.  Hell with him.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If Jed Clampet found oil on his property today, he certainly would not be going to California, but likely Dallas like JR.

Or the Dem controlled Gov would condemn his property and call it a hazardous waste site fine him for illegal digging and sue him for the clean up.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
A quote without an explanation is just worthless.

Explain what you mean as no one knows who Our or their is.
@IsailedawayfromFR Sure.

Levant, a Jew, was asked for his opinion when the notoriously uncooperative Milton Berle joined Christian Science in the 1980s, quipping that "our loss" (Berle leaving the Jews) "is their loss" (meaning Berle joining the Christian Science group was a net detriment to the Scientists).

So, in the same sense, an eccentric rich nut like Musk leaving California wouldn't be much of a net gain to Texas.

Then again, that's the state that gave us Ross Perot, so he might actually fit right in.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

@IsailedawayfromFR Sure.

Levant, a Jew, was asked for his opinion when the notoriously uncooperative Milton Berle joined Christian Science in the 1980s, quipping that "our loss" (Berle leaving the Jews) "is their loss" (meaning Berle joining the Christian Science group was a net detriment to the Scientists).

So, in the same sense, an eccentric rich nut like Musk leaving California wouldn't be much of a net gain to Texas.

Then again, that's the state that gave us Ross Perot, so he might actually fit right in.
Understand.

You may be correct.  St. Elon does know to suck off the taxpayers' teat.