General Category > Weather

Major snow and ice storm brewing for the East

(1/9) > >>

Gefn:
As the energy from a powerful storm system slamming the West Coast slides east over the upcoming week, it will become responsible for the next major winter storm for the United States. This time, it looks poised to strike much of the East Coast, bringing a large swath of drenching rain, deep snow and perhaps even a thick glaze of ice for some.

The finer details are still in limbo, but forecasters are growing increasingly confident that a large and highly impactful winter storm will impact the East during the middle part of the upcoming week.

A quick-hitting storm system racing off of the East Coast Monday will help to set the stage initially, depositing cold air across much of the East for the early part of the week.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/winter-weather/major-snow-and-ice-storm-brewing-for-the-east/865343

Gefn:
I can’t believe they just predicted 12-18 inches of snow Wednesday-Thursday for the NYC tri state area.

Let it snow, let it snow, snow let it snow!  ❄️❄️❄️

jmyrlefuller:
Hmm... a snowfall right before Christmas. Anyone got some old silk hats? I want to see if we can get a snowman to come to life. ****drummer

libertybele:
A nice new blanket of snow with the sun shining on it to make it glisten is beautiful .... on Christmas Day.  Battling a snow or ice storm is no fun.

Gefn:
I love snow. It’s ice on the roadways I am not a fan of .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version