Author Topic: I voted to impeach Nixon: Here's the case to prosecute Trump  (Read 246 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I voted to impeach Nixon: Here's the case to prosecute Trump
« on: December 13, 2020, 06:11:37 pm »
By Elizabeth Holtzman, opinion contributor — 12/13/20 01:00 PM EST

There is evidence Donald Trump may have committed federal crimes. As long as he's president, Trump has temporary protection from prosecution, but once he leaves office, should he be prosecuted? Or should he be left alone in the interest of healing the country’s partisan divide?   

President-elect Biden is right to say that his Justice Department will handle any investigation of Trump, or prosecution if it comes to that, in the normal course. That means the DOJ will conduct a professional assessment of the case, undertake any additional inquiries and determine if a rock-solid prosecution can be brought — and, if it can, bring it. For a country adhering to the rule of law, there really is no other choice.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller identified ten ways Trump might have obstructed justice in connection with the Russia collusion investigation. Mueller did not determine whether Trump should be indicted, but nearly 700 former U.S. prosecutors believed there was enough evidence for prosecution. Other possible criminal misconduct, such as Trump’s financial dealings and his efforts to upend the 2020 election, may also warrant examination.

Presidents are not entitled to immunity. The constitution explicitly states that a president can be tried and prosecuted for crimes committed in office. President Nixon and Trump himself were subjects of criminal investigations, and a grand jury named Nixon an unindicted co-conspirator.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/529999-i-voted-to-impeach-nixon-heres-the-case-to-prosecute-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: I voted to impeach Nixon: Here's the case to prosecute Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 06:15:15 pm »
You still didn't name a particular offense, lunatic.

They can prosecute Trump, sure. Right after they indict, prosecute and imprison or execute Obama for his demonstrable crime of treason.

Whatta friggen nut.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 06:16:13 pm by skeeter »

Offline Idiot

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 06:15:48 pm »
By Elizabeth Holtzman, opinion contributor — 12/13/20 01:00 PM EST

There is evidence Donald Trump may have committed federal crimes. As long as he's president, Trump has temporary protection from prosecution, but once he leaves office, should he be prosecuted? Or should he be left alone in the interest of healing the country’s partisan divide?   

President-elect Biden is right to say that his Justice Department will handle any investigation of Trump, or prosecution if it comes to that, in the normal course. That means the DOJ will conduct a professional assessment of the case, undertake any additional inquiries and determine if a rock-solid prosecution can be brought — and, if it can, bring it. For a country adhering to the rule of law, there really is no other choice.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller identified ten ways Trump might have obstructed justice in connection with the Russia collusion investigation. Mueller did not determine whether Trump should be indicted, but nearly 700 former U.S. prosecutors believed there was enough evidence for prosecution. Other possible criminal misconduct, such as Trump’s financial dealings and his efforts to upend the 2020 election, may also warrant examination.

Presidents are not entitled to immunity. The constitution explicitly states that a president can be tried and prosecuted for crimes committed in office. President Nixon and Trump himself were subjects of criminal investigations, and a grand jury named Nixon an unindicted co-conspirator.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/529999-i-voted-to-impeach-nixon-heres-the-case-to-prosecute-trump
Not even the dems are this stupid.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 06:24:47 pm »
Special Counsel Robert Mueller identified ten ways Trump might have obstructed justice in connection with the Russia collusion investigation. Mueller did not determine whether Trump should be indicted, but nearly 700 former U.S. prosecutors believed there was enough evidence for prosecution.

So long as Hillary walks free after destroying thousands of items of evidence, any serious suggestion of prosecuting Trump for obstruction of justice should be met with 80 million voices warning that the establishment elites will lose their control of this country in short order.
James 1:20

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 12:13:07 am »
BTW. I am convinced NIXON was innocent.  Set up by FBI/ CIA and Pelosi invoked his name, as she voted for this too. Same thing was done to POTUS TRUMP.  PHONY BALONEY IMPEACH.  Nixon just quit.  These demon-rats are pure evil.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 12:46:54 am »
I voted to impeach Nixon:

Nixon never had an impeachment vote.  I hate liars.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 01:02:13 am »
Nixon never had an impeachment vote.  I hate liars.

Actually, she did vote to Impeach Nixon, but only in the Judiciary Committee, one of whom was Holtzman.  She did vote to Impeach in Committee, but it never came to a floor vote.

In 1974, Holtzman was one of the Judiciary Committee members who recommended three articles of impeachment against Richard Nixon during the Watergate scandal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Holtzman

Must be a pretty old hag by now.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 01:04:16 am by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: