Author Topic: Opinion: Could Americans become the next wave of refugees?  (Read 209 times)

rangerrebew

Opinion: Could Americans become the next wave of refugees?
« on: December 13, 2020, 05:36:57 pm »
 Opinion: Could Americans become the next wave of refugees?
Wildfires fueled by drought, climate change are forcing thousands to seek shelter elsewhere

By Nicole Dubus |
PUBLISHED: December 13, 2020 at 6:10 a.m. | UPDATED: December 13, 2020 at 6:19 a.m.

I know a lot about refugees.

I am a social worker, professor and researcher at San Jose State University. For over a decade, I have worked with refugees, bearing witness to the courageous journey of individuals and families as they learn to move on from war, torture and trauma. Their stories inspire my research on whether we can develop culturally-effective health and behavioral health services. In doing this research and looking closely at how different countries manage the needs of refugees and forced migrants, it became clear to me that “but for the grace of God go I.”

In California, Oregon, and Washington this summer, cities filled with smoke from the climate fires, fires made more destructive from years of drought. The day skies were dark, sometimes yellow, and for a few days deep orange. Our air was so toxic that we were told to close our windows and not leave our homes. 564,000 people fled with the few items they could grab; many having nothing to return to. They join the 80 million people displaced from their homelands each year.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/12/13/opinion-could-americans-become-the-next-wave-of-refugees/

Offline libertybele

Re: Opinion: Could Americans become the next wave of refugees?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 05:46:30 pm »
California, Oregon, and Washington; somehow I don't have a bit of sympathy for them.  They created many of their own problems.  I just hope those that decide to leave stay the heck out of FL.

As far as them being refugees ... please .... are they looking to move to another country?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 09:37:54 pm »
Where would we take refuge, though? The rest of the world sees us as plague rats and most of them are further to the left of us than the Democrats.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 09:43:49 pm »
Where would we take refuge, though? The rest of the world sees us as plague rats and most of them are further to the left of us than the Democrats.

With the DEMS in control soon we will become borderless, millions of illegals will be allowed to enter...what they don't realize or perhaps don't forsee happening is the U.S. becoming just like any other third world country -- where then will the refugees flee to?

China or Russia will become the "Superpower"; doubtful that they will allow an invasion into their countries.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 11:49:15 pm »
bele wonders:
"[with] the U.S. becoming just like any other third world country -- where then will the refugees flee to?"

I'll name some names:
- New Zealand
- Iceland
- Poland
- Hungary
- The Czech Republic
- Russia (yes, Russia)

If it gets to the point where it becomes open season on Americans of European ethnic/cultural heritage (ok, traditional-minded white folks) -- as it is TODAY in places like Zimbabwe and South Africa -- the above countries might be places where Christian whites might actually consider moving to.

They may not be for everyone. But at least some of them still seem to consider the concept of Western Civilization worth keeping around for a while longer.

These may become the nations in which the whites will make "their last stand"...

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 11:52:35 pm »
Short answer: no. Stop posting clickbait bullshit.