Author Topic: Location, education propel Asian income growth in US  (Read 363 times)

rangerrebew

Location, education propel Asian income growth in US
« on: December 11, 2020, 03:53:26 pm »

Location, education propel Asian income growth in US

Mike Schneider, Associated Press Updated 9:49 am CST, Thursday, December 10, 2020

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Asian American households saw the biggest income growth of any racial or ethnic group in the United States over the past decade and a half — almost 8%, according to figures released Thursday by the U.S. Census Bureau.

Household income for Latinos grew by nearly 6% over that time, while households led by non-Hispanic whites and Blacks had comparatively stagnant income growth — 3% and almost 2% respectively — over the past decade and a half.

Nationwide, median household income grew 2.3% from the 2005-2009 period to the 2015-2019 period, according to the latest 5-year American Community Survey.

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/article/Location-education-propel-Asian-income-growth-in-15790170.php

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Location, education propel Asian income growth in US
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 05:13:49 pm »
No real surprise.

Asians,as a general rule tend to work harder and longer than other ethnic groups,plus they tend to stick together and pool the family income,rather than the typical "bleep YOU,ME first!" attitude of other ethnic groups. Including whites.

They then tend to take this money and spend it on investments as well as furthering their educations,instead of on bling or comfort items for selves. Which is itself an investment in the future.

This ain't what anyone would call "secrets".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 10:41:04 pm »
Sneakypete wrote (about Asians):
"They then tend to take this money and spend it on investments as well as furthering their educations,instead of on bling or comfort items for selves. Which is itself an investment in the future."

They also tend to vote overwhelmingly democrat-communist.
Something like 75%.
Almost as solid a voting bloc as the Jews.

Is that "an investment" for our future...?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 12:52:08 am »
Sneakypete wrote (about Asians):
"They then tend to take this money and spend it on investments as well as furthering their educations,instead of on bling or comfort items for selves. Which is itself an investment in the future."

They also tend to vote overwhelmingly democrat-communist.
Something like 75%.

Almost as solid a voting bloc as the Jews.

Is that "an investment" for our future...?

@Fishrrman

Not the ones that I have known.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2020, 02:38:05 pm »
SneakyPete wrote:
"Not the ones that I have known."

This reminds me of [New Yorker magazine film critic] Pauline Kael who said about Nixon's presidential victory: "How did he win? I don't know anybody who voted for him..."