Author Topic: Sanders, Hawley vow fight next week over stimulus checks  (Read 240 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sanders, Hawley vow fight next week over stimulus checks
« on: December 11, 2020, 09:29:56 pm »
Sanders, Hawley vow fight next week over stimulus checks
By Jordain Carney - 12/11/20 02:53 PM EST

Sens. Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) and Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) are warning they will use next Friday's government funding deadline to try to force a vote on a second round of stimulus checks amid lawmakers' failure to secure a deal on another coronavirus relief package.

"This Congress must address the economic emergency facing the American people. We cannot go back to our families during the Christmas holidays while tens of millions of families are suffering," Sanders said during a floor speech.

While Sanders and Hawley allowed a one-week continuing resolution to clear on Friday, averting a shutdown, they are warning about a showdown next week on their proposal.

"I am not one of the members of the Senate who shuts down, does this or does that and keeps you here for the weekend. I don't do that. But this I want to say right now, I am prepared to withdraw my objection at this moment, but I will not be prepared to withdraw an objection next week," Sanders said. 

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/529858-sanders-hawley-vow-fight-next-week-over-stimulus-checks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Slide Rule

Re: Sanders, Hawley vow fight next week over stimulus checks
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 02:27:43 pm »
Stimulus checks will proceed once a Marxist is inaugurated.  Not before.
It may be the first thing he signs.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote