Author Topic: SCOTUS drops Texas case: Tex GOP asks if law abiding states should form new United States  (Read 1844 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
For myself, this is not secession. More like a reset. We go back to the core principles and aspirations of 1787 and the Constitution...and invite/admit the states (and counties) who wish to do the same. We would be, in a real sense, re-establishing that Union of likeminded peoples. We need not invite nor accept states who will oppose this reset of the Union. We are not seceding, we are excising those who reject the US Constitution. That’s an important distinction...not just splitting hairs.

Of course, should that excision fail...let Texas do its Texit thing and the rest of us will gladly join with her in a new Republic. But the better alternative would be the first path...certainly likely to be the more amicable route.

A new constitutional convention would be a disaster with the citizens we have now.

• Technical
You continue to miss the point.  We just lost our Republic.  Thinking that Joe only has 4 years and then we get to vote again and everything is going to be ok is (with all respect) absurd.

Exactly what makes you think that our electoral process has a shred of integrity left? 

Trump won in 2016. House GOPers won big. Senate didn't do too bad. We appointed 3 USSC justices thanks to Trump (all conservatives owe him a debt of gratitude IMO. GOP controls most state legislatures.

Offline Mesaclone

A new constitutional convention would be a disaster with the citizens we have now.

Remember....the 10 "Lib" states are NOT invited...excised...this would limit the acrimony and enhance cooperative spirit of such a convention...though, you're right that a 50 state convention would be a disaster. But in the case I'm favoring....No Cali, Oregon, Washington, Illinois, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Connecticut nor New Mexico. Counties from these states could send reps if they wish to join in the 1787 Constitutional affirmation.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2020, 08:16:00 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Mesaclone

Trump won in 2016. House GOPers won big. Senate didn't do too bad. We appointed 3 USSC justices thanks to Trump (all conservatives owe him a debt of gratitude IMO. GOP controls most state legislatures.

Yes, we do control 27 state legislatures...and those would be the heart of this new Constitutional "Texit" convention. Other states could join as they choose...minus the 10 states I listed.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Mesaclone wrote:
Rush said it well "there cannot be a peaceful coexistence of two completely different theories of life, the government and of how we manage our affairs". That being the case, the most peaceful and productive path is to go our own ways and to follow the principles both aspire to...

There are but three choices (and only three) left to traditional-minded Americans:
1. Fight,
2. Flight, or...
3. Submission.

What will you put YOUR money down on...?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Proposition of an all out war or Revolution is one consideration; but one that I don't advocate. I'd rather see a NEW conservative party formed to overthrow the existing DEM party -- they just overthrew and destroyed the GOP party, the integrity of our electoral process in one swoop and our SCOTUS sat and approved.

Cases being thrown out and not heard is a clear sign that we lost our Republic period.  Our AG sat with his thumb up his rear and did nothing to bring those responsible for all the evidence that was uncovered during "Russia gate", Burisma, and the bogus Impeachment!! Our Republic was lost long before this election!
:facepalm2:

How are you going to be voted in when the machines tabulate votes based on percentages?

The loss is written into the software.

It is evident there will be no evidentiary review that gains any traction in ANY court, that redress cannot be sought from the Federal Government, or any part of it once the Dems seize power.

There will be no honest elections in the foreseeable future if this is not resolved.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

How are you going to be voted in when the machines tabulate votes based on percentages?

It is evident there will be no evidentiary review that gains any traction in ANY court, that redress cannot be sought from the Federal Government, or any part of it once the Dems seize power.

There will be no honest elections in the foreseeable future if this is not resolved.

:yowsa:  pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Technical
Remember....the 10 "Lib" states are NOT invited...excised...this would limit the acrimony and enhance cooperative spirit of such a convention...though, you're right that a 50 state convention would be a disaster. But in the case I'm favoring....No Cali, Oregon, Washington, Illinois, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Connecticut nor New Mexico. Counties from these states could send reps if they wish to join in the 1787 Constitutional affirmation.

Wha? You'd have a constitutional convention and not invite the "lib" states?

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
They already ignore the Constitution we have, so what's the point?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Not talking about using the ballot box at all; that is worthless and I have stated several times that the integrity of our electoral process is gone and yes I realize that the corruption was written into the software.

Nor am I advocating going through the court system.

I'm talking a whole New Party/New Government.

Our Republic was taken from us, and our Constitution has been tossed aside.

Again, quoting Dr. Ron Paul (who had things right in so many ways long ago)

"If freedom is what we want, it is our for the taking.  Let the Revolution begin".

I would love to hear his opinion on all of this.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mesaclone

Yes I would. This is not a secession, its an excision. We cannot share a nation with people who do not respect our Constitution, cherish our history, nor value the rule of law. Its not so much about liberal vs Conservative as it is about Constitutionalism vs Elitism (Defined as those who think themselves above and apart from the law and who believe they have the intellectual right to rule over the rest of us).

• Technical
Yes I would. This is not a secession, its an excision. We cannot share a nation with people who do not respect our Constitution, cherish our history, nor value the rule of law. Its not so much about liberal vs Conservative as it is about Constitutionalism vs Elitism (Defined as those who think themselves above and apart from the law and who believe they have the intellectual right to rule over the rest of us).

No provision in the Constitution for that though.

Offline Mesaclone

Correct, just like the first Constitutional Convention. This would be a new beginning...however...it would start with retention of virtually every word of the current Constitution. From there, very minor tweaks of language would occur such as discussed earlier in the thread...ie clearer language in the 2nd amendment such as losing the preamble and simply saying "The right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 01:58:42 am by Mesaclone »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Neither is a suicide pact.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington