Author Topic: Oracle Says it Will Move HQ from Silicon Valley to Texas  (Read 264 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Oracle Says it Will Move HQ from Silicon Valley to Texas
« on: December 12, 2020, 01:16:16 am »
Friday, 11 December 2020 07:35 PM

Tech giant Oracle Corp. said Friday it will move its headquarters from Silicon Valley to Austin, Texas, and let many employees choose their office locations and decide whether to work from home.

The business software maker said it will keep major hubs at its current home in Redwood City, California, and other locations.

“We believe these moves best position Oracle for growth and provide our personnel with more flexibility about where and how they work,” the company said in a regulatory filing.

The move comes the same week that Tesla founder Elon Musk announced that he has moved to Austin. Musk had criticized California officials for restrictions designed to limit the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/oracle-headquarters-texas-california/2020/12/11/id/1001167/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

Re: Oracle Says it Will Move HQ from Silicon Valley to Texas
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 01:20:27 am »
Tesla, HP and now Oracle. Nice work Newsome you greasy bleep.

I always swore I’d be the last one left here to turn out the lights. Looks more and more likely.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2020, 01:52:00 am »
Good.

Big Tech never needed to be located solely in Silicon Valley.

I've been a critic of Texas's poaching of businesses (especially those in the Rust Belt, where they are still very much needed) but this makes sense from all perspectives.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2020, 01:54:47 am »
Damn that is yuge!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

rangerrebew

Oracle moving from California to Texas, joins Tesla, Hewlett Packard
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 05:30:21 pm »
Oracle moving from California to Texas, joins Tesla, Hewlett Packard
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison is Tesla's second largest individual shareholder behind Musk

By Suzanne O'HalloranFOXBusiness
Oracle leaving California because it's an 'economic wasteland': Steve Forbes

Forbes Media Chairman Steve Forbes discusses Oracle and other companies moving out of states such as California and New York.

The smart money may be sticking together and sticking it to California.

Oracle is joining Tesla and Hewlett Packard Enterprise in moving some operations to Texas, detailing the move in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission late Friday.
Ticker   Security   Last   Change   Change %
ORCL   ORACLE CORPORATION   60.61   +1.13   +1.90%

"Oracle is implementing a more flexible employee work location policy and has changed its Corporate Headquarters from Redwood City, California to Austin, Texas. We believe these moves best position Oracle for growth and provide our personnel with more flexibility about where and how they work. Depending on their role, this means that many of our employees can choose their office location as well as continue to work from home part-time or all of the time. In addition, we will continue to support major hubs for Oracle around the world, including those in the United States such as redwood City, Austin, Santa Monica, Seattle, Denver, Orlando and Burlington, among others, and we expect to add other locations over time. By implementing a more modern approach to work, we expect to further improve our employees’ quality of life and quality of output" the SEC filing noted.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/oracle-moving-from-cali-to-austin-joins-tesla-hewlett-packard

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Oracle moving from California to Texas, joins Tesla, Hewlett Packard
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 05:32:20 pm »
 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000

More of the liberal hoard invading my beloved Texas.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.