Author Topic: Virginia to impose nightly curfew, limit social gatherings to 10 people, tighten mask rules  (Read 323 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Virginia to impose nightly curfew, limit social gatherings to 10 people, tighten mask rules
Richmond Times Dispatch, Nov 10, 2020

Virginia will be under a nightly curfew from midnight until 5 a.m., and social gatherings will be limited to 10 people under new public restrictions meant to stem the surge of COVID-19 expected to go into effect Monday.

Gov. Ralph Northam announced the new restrictions Thursday afternoon, citing an untamed spike of COVID-19 cases in the state in the middle of the busy holiday season.

"Virginia will go into a modified stay at home order," Northam said during a briefing with reporters. "The virus, we know, spreads when people are around each other in groups. When groups are smaller, it spreads less. That's one more reason why it's important to stay home. If you don't need to be out, we ask you to stay home."

At the same time, the Northam administration declined to tighten restrictions on restaurants and bars, arguing that existing restrictions are sufficient.

The new restrictions go into effect a minute into Monday, and expire Jan. 31. Northam said restrictions could be lifted early or extended, depending on the state's trends.

The state on Thursday also tightened its guidance on mask wearing to align with new guidance from the federal Centers for Disease control issued last week.

All Virginians aged 5 and over will now be required to wear masks indoors when sharing the space with other people who are coming within 6 feet. That includes private residences. Masks are now also required outdoors when coming within 6 feet of other people.

More: https://richmond.com/news/state-and-regional/virginia-to-impose-nightly-curfew-limit-social-gatherings-to-10-people-tighten-mask-rules/article_4f77d9a2-2fb4-5c17-9d7e-61544567d1bd.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

Offline Right_in_Virginia

All Virginians aged 5 and over will now be required to wear masks indoors when sharing the space with other people who are coming within 6 feet. That includes private residences.

Even while sleeping?   :pondering:

Offline rustynail

And while bathing and showering.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
That would wreak havoc with my APAP machine and other's CPAP's. How asinine to tell family members to where a mask around each other in their own homes, especially since we know all the diaper nazis don't follow their own rules. Day after day I see people all alone in their cars wearing a mask, and I laugh, I remove mine as soon as I leave the store and have yet to hear a complaint from anyone let alone a law enforcement type. But then I am in Orange County, CA.