Author Topic: Should I get a flu shot this year?  (Read 1442 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Should I get a flu shot this year?
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2020, 11:22:01 pm »
Everyone who gets a 'flu shot' dies.
'Course, everyone who doesn't get a flu shot also dies.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2020, 11:27:10 pm »
I will let you all know how the COVID vaccination goes after I get it.  Just don't know when that will be.

If you have a reaction to it, then it means you would have gotten sick if you had contracted it.  If you don't have a reaction to the vaccine, then you probably would have remained asymptomatic from getting it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2020, 11:53:43 pm »
'Course, everyone who doesn't get a flu shot also dies.
Yup, death is the not so elite club that everyone gets to join....sooner or later.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2020, 12:10:51 am »
Yup, death is the not so elite club that everyone gets to join....sooner or later.

Yes, everyone eventually dies.  I don't see the COVID vaccine prolonging life, or enhancing quality of life; same with the flu shot.  There are no guarantees.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2020, 04:52:22 am »
No more flu shots for me!  And no COVID vaccines either!

The last flu shot I received was FREE...that convinced me to get one.  Then I came down with 103 fever,( I am senior,) I was so sick, and my arm that had the shot was all red and swollen. I could not move it.  I used my other arm to place the 'shot arm' where I wanted it.  I was so sick with flu.  They claim it was a coincidence.  LIARS.  hat was close to 20 years ago. I vowed to never get a flu shot again.  I haven't.  If one still gets sick, what is the point? That shot GIVES you the flu.
No flu, since that time.  No shot. No flu. Works for me.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2020, 04:56:43 am »
Just throwing it out there for discussion...I usually get a flu shot every year, and I'll be seeing my doctor for my regular visit in two weeks. I consider myself in good health, despite being Type 2 diabetic for 6-7 years.

I got my flu shot last year, but still got the flu last February, laid up for a week (could it have been Covid?). My wife's telling me not to get the shot, but I'm leaning towards getting it. Her various pronouncements and demands since she retired last year are wearing me out, it's getting to the point where whenever she says no, I say yes.   :yowsa:

BTW, I've lost about 5-7 pounds over the past month, I'm attributing it to cutting way back on fast food, don't see any other reason. I celebrated after my walk yesterday by getting a McRib.  lol

Listen to your wife.  Most diabetics lose weight.  She is correct.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2020, 07:11:25 am »
I have never had a flu shot in my life, and outside of childhood vacs, have had no others... Other than tetanus, which I did for a while because I am in poop and rusty sharp iron all the time, But I ain't had that neither for at least 20 years.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2020, 07:47:13 am »
Damn!  That's the same day I'm getting mine!
Mine is the week after that. I have never had a flu shot, and seldom even get colds.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis