Author Topic: In COVID-19 milestone for West, Britain starts mass vaccination  (Read 432 times)

Online libertybele

In COVID-19 milestone for West, Britain starts mass vaccination
« on: December 09, 2020, 12:11:07 am »
We'll see how grandma fares.

In COVID-19 milestone for West, Britain starts mass vaccination

LONDON (Reuters) – A 90-year-old grandmother became the world’s first person to receive a fully-tested COVID-19 shot on Tuesday, as Britain began mass-vaccinating its people in a global drive that poses one of the biggest logistical challenges in peacetime history.

Health workers started inoculating the most vulnerable with the vaccine developed by Pfizer and BioNTech, with the country a test case for the world as it contends with distributing a compound that must be stored at -70C (-94F).

Margaret Keenan, who turns 91 in a week, was the first to receive the shot, at a hospital in Coventry, central England.

“It’s the best early birthday present I could wish for because it means I can finally look forward to spending time with my family and friends in the new year after being on my own for most of the year,” she said.

The launch of the vaccine, one of three shots that have reported successful results from large trials, will fuel hope that the world may be turning a corner in the fight against a pandemic that has killed more than 1.5 million people.

Britain, the worst-hit in Europe with over 61,000 deaths, is the first Western nation to begin mass-vaccinations and the first globally to roll out the Pfizer/BioNTech shot.

But despite the relief of people receiving the first dose of the two-dose regimen, they will have to wait three weeks for their second shot, and there is no evidence immunisation will reduce transmission of the virus............

https://www.oann.com/in-covid-19-milestone-for-west-britain-starts-mass-vaccination/

Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Online libertybele

Re: In COVID-19 milestone for West, Britain starts mass vaccination
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 12:20:51 am »
Ooops ....Mods please move to World News ... thank you.
Continued prayers for Trump's safety and that the Lord God Jesus Christ surrounds him with angels to protect him from all evil. 

May HE also have mercy on this country and stop the evil that keeps prevailing.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 03:32:27 pm »
But despite the relief of people receiving the first dose of the two-dose regimen, they will have to wait three weeks for their second shot, and there is no evidence immunisation will reduce transmission of the virus............

1. A two-dose regimen is very common. I plan to receive my second shingles dose this coming weekend.

2. A vaccine doesn't do what it is not intended to do? What a shock! The purpose of a vaccination is to protect the one who receives it from the targeted disease. Reduction of "transmission of the virus" will happen if enough people receive the vaccinations but that is a predictable secondary effect, not the primary purpose.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 03:55:42 pm »
I wish them nothing but good luck with this.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!