Author Topic: Border Patrol tops border wall in El Paso with concertina wire  (Read 329 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Border Patrol tops border wall in El Paso with concertina wire
« on: December 06, 2020, 11:54:51 pm »
American Military News by Lauren Villagran - El Paso Times   December 06, 2020

Construction workers are topping the U.S.-Mexico border wall in El Paso with reams of concertina wire, creating a dangerous additional obstacle to illegal crossings.

The U.S. Border Patrol’s El Paso Sector put up the razor wire “to dissuade individuals from scaling the border wall and to reduce the risk of injuries sustained from falling off the barrier,” said Roger Maier, a spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the Patrol’s parent agency.

“It is an added obstacle,” he said in an email. “It also extends the time for agents to respond by adding to the amount of time it may take some who is entering illegally to disappear into the community.”

The wire is going up along a stretch of now 30-foot barrier between El Paso’s Downtown Paso del Norte bridge and the Bridge of the Americas, Maier said. He couldn’t immediately say whether the razor wire is part of the original replacement-barrier contract or separate.

As border security measures increase, migrants’ attempts to enter the U.S. undetected have become more risky.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2020/12/border-patrol-tops-border-wall-in-el-paso-with-concertina-wire/

Offline Victoria33

Re: Border Patrol tops border wall in El Paso with concertina wire
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 12:17:27 am »
Looked at the picture.  That is double razor wire, one on top of the other.  Foolish to try to get over that.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 01:11:41 am »
Looked at the picture.  That is double razor wire, one on top of the other.  Foolish to try to get over that.

This is what is needed on our entire border.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 01:18:41 am »
I could use that around my house to keep out the pesky neighbor riff raff as well.

Just have to figure out how to allow Fedex and UPS to deliver, though.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2020, 09:05:46 am »
And we'll have it as soon as the Democrats decide they want to keep us in...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis