Author Topic: (Updates)Texas Sues Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin at Supreme Court over Election Ru  (Read 17295 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Paging Kanas, Iowa, Montana, Idaho, North Dakota, Utah, and AZ --- please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I count eight states   happy77

Louisiana
Arkansas
Alabama
Florida
Kentucky
Mississippi
South Carolina
South Dakota
We now know who will join Texas in creating a new nation should the Supreme Court not take up this case.

These states joined the union under the conditions of what we refer to as the US Constitution.
If other states refuse to obey what it says, then it is time to leave.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 01:24:12 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Robert Barnes Retweeted
Kyle Becker
@kylenabecker

BREAKING: "Response to the motion [is] due Thursday, December 10, by 3 pm."

SCOTUS issues *deadline* to Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin & Georgia to respond to Texas lawsuit charging states with violating the U.S. Constitution with unlawful state elections.

8:29 PM · Dec 8, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/kylenabecker/status/1336483137237504000

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Links:

Motion for Leave to File a Bill of Complaint  

Motion to expedite filed by plaintiff Texas.   Main Document

Motion for preliminary injunction and temporary restraining order or, alternatively, for stay and administrative stay filed by plaintiff Texas.    Main Document

Robert Barnes Retweeted
Kyle Becker
@kylenabecker

BREAKING: "Response to the motion [is] due Thursday, December 10, by 3 pm."

SCOTUS issues *deadline* to Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin & Georgia to respond to Texas lawsuit charging states with violating the U.S. Constitution with unlawful state elections.

8:29 PM · Dec 8, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/kylenabecker/status/1336483137237504000
Finally, let's see what so-called Republican governments have to say.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

Paging Kanas, Iowa, Montana, Idaho, North Dakota, Utah, and AZ --- please pick up the white courtesy phone.
Alito’s delay makes more sense now.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 03:08:00 am by skeeter »

I count eight states   happy77

Louisiana
Arkansas
Alabama
Florida
Kentucky
Mississippi
South Carolina
South Dakota

Add:

Eric Schmitt
@Eric_Schmitt

Election integrity is central to our republic. And I will defend it at every turn.

As I have in other cases  - I will help lead the effort in support of Texas’ #SCOTUS filing today.

Missouri is in the fight.

10:04 PM · Dec 8, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/Eric_Schmitt/status/1336506935982624768

Texas SCOTUS Lawsuit Update - 17 States Have Joined

Amici curiae are the States of Missouri, Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, and West Virginia.

More information:
One Third Of US States Have Now Joined Texas SCOTUS Bid To Overturn Election   (Not crazy about the "overturn" --- the suit doesn't ask for this)
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/missouri-joins-texas-taking-election-fight-supreme-court

AND

POTUS Motion to Intervenehttps://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/22/22O155/163234/20201209155327055_No.%2022O155%20Original%20Motion%20to%20Intervene.pdf

« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 10:22:48 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I messaged my reps in Idaho.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Idaho had better.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Apologies if this was already posted above:
==========================
https://www.dailywire.com/news/17-states-file-brief-backing-texas-election-lawsuit-against-ga-mi-pa-wi

17 States File Brief Backing Texas Election Lawsuit Against GA, MI, PA, WI
By Tim Pearce
Dec. 9, 2020

Seventeen states, led by Missouri, filed documents with the Supreme Court on Wednesday in support of a lawsuit by Texas against a handful of battleground states over alleged violations of election laws.

Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, and West Virginia joined with Missouri to file an amicus brief supporting Texas. The lawsuit seeks to bar Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania from voting in the electoral college, asserting their elections were illegitimate due to violations of voting laws.

“First, the States have a strong interest in safeguarding the separation of powers among state actors in the regulation of Presidential elections,” the amicus states.

“Second, amici States have a strong interest in ensuring that the votes of their own citizens are not diluted by the unconstitutional administration of elections in other States. When non-legislative actors in other States encroach on the authority of the ‘Legislature thereof’ in that State to administer a Presidential election, they threaten the liberty, not just of their own citizens, but of every citizen of the United States who casts a lawful ballot in that election—including the citizens of amici States.”

“Third, for similar reasons, amici States have a strong interest in safeguarding against fraud in voting by mail during Presidential elections,” the filing says.

More at URL above...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 12:12:55 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

So ... we're up to 18 states??
Yep. Trump’s chance for a just outcome to the election just increased several fold.

Offline skeeter

seems to me there another half dozen good prospects yet to join

« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 12:11:58 am by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

Ken Paxton, the Texas AG that started all of this, will indubitably be pardoned in April when he's sentenced for being the corrupt sumbi1ch that he is.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

seems to me there another half dozen good prospects yet to join
At least we got Arizona which Trump filed a lawsuit against that was rejected by a court.

Wouldn't it also be remarkable if the AG of one of the 4 states that the lawsuit is directed against file a similar motion of support?  Of his own state.

So ... we're up to 18 states??
19 total including Texas.  Almost 40% of all states.

Scotus would have difficulty ignoring this.

I was thinking this this morning. These states have violated my right to participate in a free federal election. And here it is. All states should sue.
Think about this too if this is all successful:

The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact agreed to so far by 15 states and DofC takes away the right of voters of a state that votes for one candidate yet gives electoral reward to someone else.

That has always been an aberration, but has the same methodology of a state's disenfranchisement as what the Texas lawsuit is about.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I was thinking this this morning. These states have violated my right to participate in a free federal election. And here it is. All states should sue.

Yes but there is no federal "right" to participate in an election. See the voter felon issue and others.

Way to go Ken Paxton!!!
Like firebrand Tom DeLay, it is not a coincidence that charges of irregularity were filed against Paxton either.

Going after Paxton while Hillary and Biden remain free is a terrible miscarriage of justice.