Author Topic: 79 Decembers later, Pearl Harbor survivor's memories won't dim: 'I will never forgive and I will nev  (Read 177 times)

rangerrebew

79 Decembers later, Pearl Harbor survivor's memories won't dim: 'I will never forgive and I will never forget'
Peter D. Kramer

SLEEPY HOLLOW, N.Y. – Armando “Chick” Galella has lived 99 Decembers, but the one seared in his memory, the one that has come to define his life, came when he was just 20: when he witnessed the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7, 1941. 

Galella is part of a rapidly declining fraternity; he's among the last remaining Pearl Harbor survivors. He has made remembering what happened on that date his cause, representing the 2,403 Americans who perished in the surprise attack that thrust America into World War II.

“I will never forgive and I will never forget,” the 99-year-old says.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/12/07/79th-anniversary-pearl-harbor-wwii-veteran-memories/3859793001/

rangerrebew

I neither saw nor heard much about Pearl Harbor in the media.  I suppose the people who were supposed to cover it all "GOT COVID" so there wasn't much coverage.  Another piece of American history starting to die in the media. :reaper: