Author Topic: Georgia lieutenant governor says Trump claims will hurt GOP candidates in runoff  (Read 6678 times)

Offline Hoodat

@Jazzhead

Do you consider the wholesale violation of election laws as happened in Georgia to be an abomination?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@Jazzhead

Do you consider the wholesale violation of election laws as happened in Georgia to be an abomination?

If you look back on his previous posts...he claims there was no violation or that they were only minor and not worthy of the efforts that Trump and company are putting forth to expose the fraud.

I'm paraphrasing of course.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
@Jazzhead

You put the rabbit in the hat when you phrase the question like that.  You haven't proven your case, counselor.

What I see from my vantage point is:

-   Gains from GOP candidates all over that defied the polls and shocked the Dems who were expecting a takeover.   How did this "wholesale violation of election laws" just happen to benefit so many Republicans?   

-   The results in Georgia were certified by a Republican governor and Sec'y of State,  following the happening of a hand recount.  The biggest concern I had was sabotage of the voting machine software, and that was put to rest by the results of the hand count.

-   A comparison of vote percentages in big Dem cities showing basically comparable percentages for Biden as for Clinton.  (Not the same numbers, mind you, the same relative percentages of the vote.)  Again,  good evidence that "wholesale" fraud just didn't happen, and that the explanation for Trump's loss wasn't the cities. 

-    The perspective of AG Barr, who in my view is an exemplary and honest public servant. 

And finally,  there's the maxim that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.   Exit polls have shown that Trump lost the election in the suburbs,  where the support he had in 2016 simply vanished.   Since I live in one of those suburbs,   I can testify as to how many folks just couldn't stand the man,  couldn't stand his obsessions and improvisations,  to the extent that friendships and relationships were affected.   Republicans did just fine this year,  but the antipathy to Trump in places like where I live was palpable.   That's a far more reasonable explanation why he lost than vote fraud.   Face it - Trump lost by SEVEN MILLION votes. 

My bottom line is that it is more important to suck it up and think of the nation.  The people decide,  and they spoke loudly that Trump had to go.    I may not like it,  I may not like what the next few years will bring,  but I respect the process, and its fundamental legitimacy.       
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 01:43:34 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline skeeter

If you look back on his previous posts...he claims there was no violation or that they were only minor and not worthy of the efforts that Trump and company are putting forth to expose the fraud.

I'm paraphrasing of course.
When the rats steal Georgia in January he’ll be back here blaming Trump - and Trump supporters. Take it to the bank.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 01:43:01 am by skeeter »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
When the rats steal Georgia in January he’ll be back here blaming Trump - and Trump supporters. Take it to the bank.

If Trump supporters stay home,  who else is there to blame? 

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Is there a limit to cluelessness?  The hate Trump first crowd break any and all laws that get in their way, morals too.  The last 4 years proved that abundantly.......So did this election.  Lies and denys do not magically become truth if they are spoken by political whores.  Not now, not then,not ever.  Their lake of fire waits patiently for them.  (It burns a very long time)
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline skeeter

If Trump supporters stay home,  who else is there to blame?
Its abundantly clear it really doesn’t matter what the reality is where you’re concerned. Whatever fits your worldview is what you will claim. Over and over and over.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Its abundantly clear it really doesn’t matter what the reality is where you’re concerned. Whatever fits your worldview is what you will claim. Over and over and over.

What "worldview"?   This is simple mathematics.  If Trump supporters stay home,  Loeffler and Perdue will lose.   Who else would there be to blame?   

Offline Absalom

Because the GOP was doing so well before Trump came along.  *****rollingeyes*****
--------------------------------
The Republican Party was ascendant from Lincoln to Hoover, a span of
some 75 years; controlling the Executive, Legislative and Judicial Branches;
the longest span the history of our nation.
Try a history book for your brain and Visine for your eyes!!!

Offline skeeter

What "worldview"?   This is simple mathematics.  If Trump supporters stay home,  Loeffler and Perdue will lose.   Who else would there be to blame?
The fraud you are determined to deny. The fraud caught in videotape.

It’s not hard to understand.

Offline skeeter

--------------------------------
The Republican Party was ascendant from Lincoln to Hoover, a span of
some 75 years; controlling the Executive, Legislative and Judicial Branches;
the longest span the history of our nation.
Try a history book for your brain and Visine for your eyes!!!
And what are the tangible results of this Republican success today, Hericlitus?

Offline Victoria33

"...is urging is for Trump to abandon the Party, start his own,  and irrevocably split our center-right coalition.   That is madness born of bitterness at the verdict rendered,  for better or worse,  by the American people."   
@Jazzhead

Trump has always had a goal for his life:  "more money and love from everyone".
This proposed new party means more money for him and more people loving him.  He now has maga new money sent to him by people who want him to run again or start a new party or a Trump news station - the small print says he can spend this money anyway he wants.

Offline Night Hides Not

You put the rabbit in the hat when you phrase the question like that.  You haven't proven your case, counselor.

-   Gains from GOP candidates all over that defied the polls and shocked the Dems who were expecting a takeover.   How did this "wholesale violation of election laws" just happen to benefit so many Republicans?   

-   The results in Georgia were certified by a Republican governor and Sec'y of State,  following the happening of a hand recount.  The biggest concern I had was sabotage of the voting machine software, and that was put to rest by the results of the hand count.

-   A comparison of vote percentages in big Dem cities showing basically comparable percentages for Biden as for Clinton.  (Not the same numbers, mind you, the same relative percentages of the vote.)  Again,  good evidence that "wholesale" fraud just didn't happen, and that the explanation for Trump's loss wasn't the cities. 

-    The perspective of AG Barr, who in my view is an exemplary and honest public servant. 

And finally,  there's the maxim that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.   Exit polls have shown that Trump lost the election in the suburbs,  where the support he had in 2016 simply vanished.   Since I live in one of those suburbs,   I can testify as to how many folks just couldn't stand the man,  couldn't stand his obsessions and improvisations,  to the extent that friendships and relationships were affected.   Republicans did just fine this year,  but the antipathy to Trump in places like where I live was palpable.   That's a far more reasonable explanation why he lost than vote fraud.   Face it - Trump lost by SEVEN MILLION votes. 

My bottom line is that it is more important to suck it up and think of the nation.  The people decide,  and they spoke loudly that Trump had to go.    I may not like it,  I may not like what the next few years will bring,  but I respect the process, and its fundamental legitimacy.     

It was there for the taking...all Trump had to do was put down the Twitter and act presidential for the last two months of the campaign. He couldn't help himself, and kept feeding red meat to his base.

Those not in Trump's base, roughly 70% of the country, were worn out by his constant attacks on his opponents. As we've seen on TBR for the past 4-5 years, his base revels in the constant attack mode displayed by Trump.

I'm rooting for Cruz in the Supreme Court.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
   Cruz said I'll defend you in Court if you give my Father a pardon for trying to kill Kennedy.

@corbe

Pardon? If he did that,we should give him a freaking medal!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Absalom

And what are the tangible results of this Republican success today, Hericlitus?
-------------------------------------
Intuitive question and the answer is obvious.
Republicans were never, EVER, Principled Conservatives, so consequently
sowed the seeds for the governance we have at this very moment!!!

Offline Victoria33

It was there for the taking...all Trump had to do was put down the Twitter and act presidential for the last two months of the campaign. He couldn't help himself, and kept feeding red meat to his base. Those not in Trump's base, roughly 70% of the country, were worn out by his constant attacks on his opponents. As we've seen on TBR for the past 4-5 years, his base revels in the constant attack mode displayed by Trump.
@Night Hides Not

Dear Night Hides Not:  Excellent post:  goopo 10294 :word:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@Night Hides Not

Dear Night Hides Not:  Excellent post:  goopo 10294 :word:

@Victoria33

Is that the final word,Miss Manners?

Offline skeeter

-------------------------------------
Intuitive question and the answer is obvious.
Republicans were never, EVER, Principled Conservatives, so consequently
sowed the seeds for the governance we have at this very moment!!!
tough to argue with that.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

And in your well documented typical fashion you purposely ignored the linked evidence I posted the other day when you posted this BS the first time that proves you’re full of it on this claim. 

You have this nasty habit of ignoring facts that ruin your preconceived narrative.   
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline dancer

This is rich.  The victim of massive, coordinated voter and election fraud will be blamed for the upcoming coordinated voter and election fraud in Georgia.  I hate these people.

Come on, Mr. President, officially start the new party.  We'll move with you.
Have to change election law first.  Rules that the Repubs and Crats are exempt from.
We've worked hard to take back the Republican Party.   Don't quit now!  We've won.

Offline roamer_1

HAHAHAHA! I'll tell you what, As one who has been accused and criticized incessantly for sticking to my principles, party be damned... Seeing my worst accusers threatening to take their ball and go home - Well that's bloody well PRICELESS! LOL! Not that I believe a single dang word of it. Pragmatists are nothing if not pragmatic. Settling for less is what they do!

Schadenfreude, I know... But CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Have to change election law first.  Rules that the Repubs and Crats are exempt from.
We've worked hard to take back the Republican Party.   Don't quit now!  We've won.

@dancer

Not trying to be snarky or to insult you,but "won" what?

We COULD have and SHOULD have already settled this and Trump been declared the winner,but then the RINO's stabbed us in the back because they just couldn't stand the idea of this "Bad Orange Man" outsider that didn't even bother to kiss any rings was President and upsetting all the apple carts they co-owned with their Dim pals.

Offline Hoodat

Proof has been presented to you again and again and again.  And you continue to ignore it.  It is well documented that Republican observers in Fulton County were told at 10:30 pm on Tuesday that the counting was to be suspended until the next morning and to go home.  But after they left, counting resumed all night.  This is a violation of Georgia law.

It is also well documented that Dominion made changes to their software after it was revealed that some candidate names were missing from the ballot.  But no recertification took place even though that is required by law.

It is also well documented that the Secretary of State unilaterally made changes to the way mail-in ballots would be handled even though he had no legal authority to do so.  This last one is even covered by the Constitution.

All of these points have been made to you (with supporting documentation).  Yet you willfully and purposely choose to ignore each and every one of them.

Your premise fails to account for the fact that there were 100,000 'Biden-only' mail-in ballots cast here in Georgia with zero signature check, which of course has been pointed out to you already and which you chose to ignore.

Ah, the hand count.  I personally witnessed discrepancies in Cobb County not being recorded, no signature checks being performed, and computer ballots pre-segregated in Trump and Biden batches.  So no, the Georgia recount by design would not have uncovered Dominion fraud.

Your percentage argument is not valid, because it is the quantity of votes that determines the winner.

Fulton County had 60% for Clinton in 2016 and 63% for Biden in 2020.  But because more ballots were counted, Biden netted 171,000 more of a margin than did Clinton.  Likewise, Dekalb county had 81% for Clinton in 2016 and 83% for Biden in 2020.  But because more ballots were turned in on Wed through Sunday after election day, Biden netted a margin 58,000 votes greater than Clinton.  So no, your percentage argument is a total fraud.  Besides, we already discovered that in States like Pennsylvania, Michigan, Virginia, Arizona, and Wisconsin, the ballot stuffing occurred in suburban areas.

A perspective that includes not a second of investigative insight on the election.  When your head is stuck in the sand, it is easy to say you can't see anything.  If Barr had actually conducted an investigation, you would have a point.  Yet no such investigation ever took place.  Not at all the hallmark of an honest and exemplary public servant.

And finally,  there's the maxim that the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.   Exit polls have shown that Trump lost the election in the suburbs,  where the support he had in 2016 simply vanished.

Complete unadulterated bullshit.  This has been pointed out to you again and again and again and again.  There is not a single city, county, municipality, or unincorporated area anywhere within the State of Georgia where Trump's numbers declined over 2016.  Even in your own county, Trump's numbers increased.  Enough with this lie already.

Since I live in one of those suburbs,   I can testify as to how many folks just couldn't stand the man,  couldn't stand his obsessions and improvisations,  to the extent that friendships and relationships were affected.   Republicans did just fine this year,  but the antipathy to Trump in places like where I live was palpable.

Again, Montgomery 2016 - 160,803 Trump votes.  2020 - 185,460 Trump votes.  Even a fifth-grader can compute that Trump's numbers in Montgomery county went up after four years.  But it has also been pointed out to you more than once that your county has more registered voters than it has people legally eligible to vote.  And there is where the fraud comes in.  Ninety thousand more ballots in 2020 were counted for Biden than people who voted for him as VP.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33  Is that the final word,Miss Manners?
@sneakypete

My dear sneaky,
Jazzhead said:   "Those not in Trump's base, roughly 70% of the country, were worn out by his constant attacks on his opponents."

I believe it is true that people ARE worn out due to everyday Trump ravings for almost four years.  They would like peace to live their lives and now with the virus, they truly do want peace to live through this. 

I heard a fellow yesterday on TV say when Biden made a speech, he had forgotten how a president should act, that Biden didn't accuse people; his tone was normal, not yelling. He said again he had forgotten how presidents talk to the nation.

I say this is a psychological mindset - people want the government to operate peacefully, not keep them anxious every day about their government.  Trump wanted this, keep the people watching him every day as he threw out more trouble every day.  Sneaky, I really mean this.

Evidence is Republicans won more seats in the House, voted for the ones already in there, Senators kept their seats (we have two run-offs on January 5), yet the president lost.   He lost because of who he is - people do not like him.  If the majority of the people do not "like" a person, that person is going to lose no matter what his policies are.  He defeated himself.

Offline skeeter

Complete unadulterated bullshit.  This has been pointed out to you again and again and again and again.  There is not a single city, county, municipality, or unincorporated area anywhere within the State of Georgia where Trump's numbers declined over 2016.  Even in your own county, Trump's numbers increased.  Enough with this lie already.
Trump improved on his 2016 performance in San Francisco, of all places. He gained 5% more support in Silicon Valley in 2020.

This ‘Trump lost the suburbs’ is indeed patent bullshit and it makes me wonder why some are so keen to promote it.