Author Topic: Travelers spend two days in snowbound SUV before being rescued in SW Wash.  (Read 372 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Komo News 12/2/2020

SKAMANIA COUNTY, Wash. – Deputies say they found a pair of travelers Tuesday after they had been stuck in the snow on a rural forest road for two days.

Andy Nguyen, 28, and Heidi Tran, 26, left Seattle on Sunday morning on a trip to a rental cabin in the Glenwood area. When they didn’t arrive at the cabin, family members called the Skamania County Sheriff’s Office on the morning of December 1 to report them as missing.

A sheriff’s office search & rescue team went to a forest road that was likely where a computer navigation app would direct them to go. An aerial search from a fixed-wing plane helped them locate their rented SUV on the snowbound road just after 5 p.m.

More: https://komonews.com/news/local/travelers-spend-two-days-in-snowbound-suv-before-being-rescued-in-sw-wash

Offline roamer_1

Re: Travelers spend two days in snowbound SUV before being rescued in SW Wash.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 10:20:23 pm »
Lucky, and little more.

Now's a great time to preach it to folks... Survival gear in the car at all times, and know how to use it. And a backpack full of food, and blankets and extra snow gear go in the car at the start of hunting season.

You never plan on getting lost or stuck. But you can plan for the contingency.

I have been there done that... Lost a fuel pump way offroad. four inches of snow on the ground and 10 more inches coming. Secured communication, and had folks coming, so it was only overnight... And I lived like a king that night. Had tarps and tools. had food and warm clothes and a below-zero rated bag. Hell, I even had fun-size snickers and dehydrated apple crisp.

Be ready. It turns catastrophe into adventure.