Author Topic: CDC Virus Warning: U.S. Facing ‘Most Difficult’ Months in Nation’s ‘Public Health History’  (Read 477 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
CDC Virus Warning: U.S. Facing ‘Most Difficult’ Months in Nation’s ‘Public Health History’

Edwin Mora 4 Dec 2020

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) director cautioned Wednesday that the unprecedented ferocity at which the Chinese coronavirus is plaguing the country would make the next few months “the most difficult in the public health history of this nation” before vaccines become widely available.

Speaking at an event hosted by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Dr. Robert Redfield stressed that roughly nine out of every ten hospitals in the country and another 90 percent of long-term care facilities are in areas with high infection levels.

Dr. Redfield declared:

So we are at a very critical time right now about being able to maintain the resilience of our healthcare system. The reality is December and January and February are going to be rough times. I actually believe they’re going to be the most difficult in the public health history of this nation, largely because of the stress that’s going to be put on our healthcare system.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/12/04/cdc-virus-warning-u-s-facing-most-difficult-months-nations-public-health-history/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I just read an article stating that consuming quality dark chocolate may help to ward off COVID --- so I'm good.  I love dark chocolate -- and normally eat a square of 80%+ cocoa every day and then as a treat I consume a dark chocolate truffle that's at least 70% cocoa.

Also, they are finding those with asthma may have already built immunity to COVID.

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/news/science/dark-chocolate-green-tea-inhibit-covid-19-infection-study/article33228716.ece

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
This is lasting a whole lot longer than the 1918 crisis, which at least had a traceable cause.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
New cases are EXPLODING here in Connecticut.

Back in April (an earlier hot point in the epidemic), we were seeing 600-700 cases per day in the state, and 150-300 here in Fairfield county.

Over the last 3 days:
State: 1,459, 2,672, 4,751
County: 451, 1,017, 1,289

Of course, somebody could be lying about the numbers, but they're what I see posted, so I take them at face value.

I would expect to see large-scale vaccinations begin in late February - early March.
Gonna take some time to get things ramped up and ready to go.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the infection rate REMAINS high even a few months after vaccinations begin, as so many are "vacci-phobic" and won't get one.

I would expect infection rates to finally decline down to the levels we were seeing back in March, around June/July/August next year.

That may be "as close to normal" as we get for the foreseeable future.

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Cases are on the rise again in FL. I suspect because this is tourist season; people escaping the cold and probably escaping their lockdowns...no quarantines that I am aware of.  DeSantis IMHO is doing this correctly .... the lockdown didn't work that started in March and our healthcare system (hopefully) is staffed and ready for the influx of COVID and flu cases.

All establishments are requiring facemasks still, social distancing, outside dining and carry out. inside dining allowed with some restaurants have areas that have seating further apart, schools are open to those who want to attend with distance learning as well.  My physical therapist office closed down for 2 days to get a thorough anti-covid (if there truly is such a thing) cleaning.  Precautions are being taken, but so far our governor has allowed businesses, restaurants, bars and gyms to stay open.

We shall see how FL fares; my hunch is the MSM will come down on DeSantis like a ton of bricks. 

Also ... we here in SWFL right now are getting some of our best weather; temps in the low 70's to mid 80's.  Plenty of fresh air and sunshine!!  Our air conditioner is off and our windows are open.  Nights to me are rather cool, but I'm sure those from up north are enjoying the weather.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 10:40:41 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

UPMC hospitals 'not overwhelmed in any way' by increase in COVID-19 cases
a day ago
While the region sees an influx of COVID-19 cases, characterized in dire terms by the Wolf administration on Monday -- one local organization is confident they can weather the storm.

"We're busy, but we are not overwhelmed in any way," said Leslie Davis, Senior Vice President of UPMC. "There's really a calm feeling among our hospitals, whether it's north-central Pennsylvania, central Pennsylvania, the Altoona region, the western Maryland region; these are areas that have become much busier."

Davis says the increase in COVID-19 cases hasn't interfered with normal operations and encourages people seeking routine care or even elective procedures to proceed as normal, warning that postponing such care could potentially lead to complications. ...
KDKA Radio, Pittsburgh

So much for hospitals being overwhelmed, Covid patients stacked to the ceilings.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org