Author Topic: Hewlett Packard Enterprise to Leave Silicon Valley for Texas  (Read 1507 times)

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Hewlett Packard Enterprise to Leave Silicon Valley for Texas
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2020, 03:40:45 pm »
Not that often and the ice would only be on bridges and overpasses. On an iced up overpass, You just slide over to the other side. No problem at all.  The street corner at my house would freeze over, so I'd just sand the corner myself.

Sliding sideways 8 lanes on the Ship Channel Bridge?  Sounds like jolly fun to me.   :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2020, 04:21:22 pm »
Sliding sideways 8 lanes on the Ship Channel Bridge?  Sounds like jolly fun to me.   :silly:

They do sand bridges. Just not all the small ones over some creeks, RR crossings,  and small bayous. Or anytime you hear of a freeze warning just use it as an excuse to stay home.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2020, 04:23:21 pm »
The main point to remember. "Don't Move Here!!!"

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2020, 05:04:44 pm »
Geez! Put away the stereotypes. Silicon Valley is not a Gay Mecca. In over 40 years here I doubt that I've seen as many as 10 "obviously" gay people, none of them coworkers.
Speaking more of California, which has the largest crowd of them in any state.

My birthplace Austin is now a gay mecca because of the influx of techies from the West Coast.

They sure as hell did not come from Texas.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2020, 05:05:46 pm »
The main point to remember. "Don't Move Here!!!"

You need not worry about this Californian even thinking about moving to Texas!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2020, 05:25:42 pm »
You need not worry about this Californian even thinking about moving to Texas!
I understand.

Lived in several states over my career and spent a few years there in California and thought it was the prettiest state in the country.

All you have to do is have enough money to live and be able to distance oneself from a lot of the weird people there, and life would be grand, am sure.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online DB

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2020, 05:32:30 pm »
Silicon Valley traffic, even pre-'vid, isn't that bad. Back in 2005-2009 my commute was ~40 minutes in the morning and 50-55 minutes in the evening, 37.5 miles each way. My commute 2009-2016 was about 5-10 minutes less each way, 23.5 miles each way. The latter employer decided in 2016 to close that division (over an extended time period) and split the division's products between Torrance and Williamsport, PA because they could not recruit young engineers. My choices were a single-tech-company city, Orange County traffic, or finding a new job. I did the latter, as did many. I think the company hoped for ~80% employee retention and ended up with >80% employee turnover.

Do you remember a company named California Microwave Inc. (CMI)? It was the first company I worked for in Sunnyvale.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2020, 07:39:22 pm »
Do you remember a company named California Microwave Inc. (CMI)? It was the first company I worked for in Sunnyvale.

I remember the name but can't remember from whom I heard of the company.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.