Author Topic: BLM Revolt: Local Chapters Want Answers on Finances, Transparency from National Leaders  (Read 676 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
BLM Revolt: Local Chapters Want Answers on Finances, Transparency from National Leaders

Penny Starr1 Dec 2020259
4:58

Leaders of several local Black Lives Matter chapters around the U.S. said in an undated online statement that they want transparency about finances and other operations of the national group, Black Lives Matter Global Network.

The statement begins with questions about changes in the Black Lives Matter Global Network Foundation, including the appointment of Patrisse Cullors as its executive director, the formation of the Black Lives Matter Political Action Committee, and another group, BLM Grassroots.

The local chapters signing the statement include Washington, DC, Chicago, Vancouver, Washington, and Philadelphia:

We, the undersigned chapters, believe that all of these events occurred without democracy, and assert that it was without the knowledge of the majority of Black Lives Matters chapters across the country and world.

We became chapters of Black Lives Matter as radical Black organizers embracing a collective vision for Black people engaging in the protracted struggle for our lives against police terrorism. With a willingness to do hard work that would put us at risk, we expected that the central organizational entity, most recently referred to as the Black Lives Matter Global Network (BLMGN) Foundation, would support us chapters in our efforts to build communally. Since the establishment of BLMGN, our chapters have consistently raised concerns about financial transparency, decision making, and accountability. Despite years of effort, no acceptable internal process of accountability has ever been produced by BLMGN and these recent events have undermined the efforts of chapters seeking to democratize its processes and resources.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/12/01/blm-revolt-local-chapters-want-answers-finances-transparency-national-leaders/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Daily Caller:

BLM Co-Founder’s Jail Reform Group Dropped $26,000 At Luxury Malibu Beach Resort

Andrew Kerr, Investigative Reporter
April 26, 2021 8:26 PM ET

A Los Angeles-based jail reform group led by BLM co-founder Patrisse Cullors spent nearly $26,000 for “meetings” at a luxury Malibu beach resort in 2019, according to campaign finance records reviewed by the Daily Caller News Foundation. ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

BLM Leaders' response: "Shut up and loot!"
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline LMAO

We are watching this organization unravel in real time.  Anytime there’s fights over money and power in a group, that group collapses. Couldn’t of happened to a nicer group of people

Think of it as a family viciously fighting over mom and dad’s will after they pass away. Those fights over the wil pretty much ends those family relationships

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline dfwgator

"You'll get nothing and like it!"

Offline dfwgator

We are watching this organization unravel in real time.  Anytime there’s fights over money and power in a group, that group collapses. Couldn’t of happened to a nicer group of people

BLM has always been nothing more than another branch of the DNC.  And only conservative sites are even paying attention to this story.     As long as BLM forwards the cause of The Revolution, they are going nowhere.

Offline LMAO

BLM has always been nothing more than another branch of the DNC.  And only conservative sites are even paying attention to this story.     As long as BLM forwards the cause of The Revolution, they are going nowhere.

They are destroying themselves from within. Whether or not the news media outlets choose to report on it is irrelevant

The best way to destroy any organization is to sit back and let them destroy themselves
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
BLM chapters: "Wait! There was money we could have used for ourselves? We've been robbed"
Countdown to Resignation

Offline LMAO

BLM chapters: "Wait! There was money we could have used for ourselves? We've been robbed"

Watch more and more cities that were destroyed by Black Lives Matter started demand their share

Barry Goldwater

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Gimmedat runs deep in the movement!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

Thieves complaining about other thieves taking more than they should.

Offline mountaineer

Could have bought a lot of Popeye's chicken.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Slide Rule

Local chapters will have to get in line as there are more serious issues and the associated serious answers.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Online DefiantMassRINO

Non-profits are notorious for weak financial controls.  The IRS should be auditing non-profits.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline PeteS in CA

If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.