Author Topic: Boom: Barr Converts Durham to Special Counsel in Russia Probe  (Read 733 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Boom: Barr Converts Durham to Special Counsel in Russia Probe
« on: December 01, 2020, 09:50:06 pm »
Boom: Barr Converts Durham to Special Counsel in Russia Probe
December 1, 2020 by David Blackmon

Well, this is something. Minutes after disappointing Trump supporters – and no doubt President Trump himself – by saying that his do-nothing FBI/DOJ has found no evidence of fraud that would be pervasive enough to tilt the outcome of the presidential election, William Barr announced that he has formally converted U.S. Attorney John Durham to a Special Counsel in his investigation of the origins of Spygate and Obamagate.

This conversion will help to ensure that Durham will be able to continue his work in a new Biden/Harris administration, complicating the hell out of China Joe Potato Head Biden since he is without doubt a key person of interest in Durham’s probe. It will also give Durham access to all the budget, staffing and resource privileges that come along with the Special Counsel designation.

From a report at Fox News:

Attorney General Bill Barr appointed U.S. Attorney John Durham as special counsel to continue investigating the origins of the Russia probe in the next administration, Fox News has confirmed.

Barr appointed Durham as special counsel on Oct. 19—two weeks prior to Election Day.

Barr notified the Senate and House Judiciary Committees, in a letter dated Dec. 1 obtained by Fox News, that Durham would be special counsel.

“On May 13, 2019, I directed John Durham, U.S. Attorney for the District of Connecticut, to investigate certain intelligence and law-enforcement activities surrounding the 2016 presidential election,” Barr wrote. “Although I had expected Mr. Durham to complete his work by the summer of 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as additional information he uncovered, prevented him from doing so.”

“In advance of the presidential election, I decided to appoint Mr. Durham as a Special Counsel to provide him and his team with the assurance that they could complete their work, without regard to the outcome of the election,” Barr wrote, adding that he appointed Durham with “the powers and authority of a Special Counsel” on Oct. 19.

[End]

Law Professor Jonathan Turley had this to say about Barr’s action on Twitter this afternoon:

Jonathan Turley
@JonathanTurley
Bill Barr just solved the lame duck problem that I addressed earlier for Durham.  He has converted him into a Special Counsel. That does not some like (as reported by the media) an investigation that found nothing.

more
https://dbdailyupdate.com/2020/12/01/boom-barr-converts-durham-to-special-counsel-in-russia-probe/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Boom: Barr Converts Durham to Special Counsel in Russia Probe
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 09:52:24 pm »
More

Barr appoints John Durham as special counsel to investigate further criminality in Russia inquiry
by Jerry Dunleavy
 | December 01, 2020 03:48 PM

Days before the November presidential election, Attorney General William Barr appointed U.S. Attorney John Durham to serve as a special counsel tasked with investigating any violations of law related to the inquiries conducted by the FBI’s Crossfire Hurricane operation and, later, special counsel Robert Mueller’s team.

An order making Durham special counsel, which was revealed on Tuesday, provides the federal prosecutor further protection against the prospect of President-elect Joe Biden trying to shut down the criminal inquiry into the origins and conduct of the FBI's investigation. So far, the president-elect has not been asked about and has not said whether he would allow Durham's work to continue during his administration.

“On May 13, 2019, I directed United States Attorney John Durham to conduct a preliminary review into certain matters related to the 2016 presidential election campaigns, and Mr. Durham’s review subsequently developed into a criminal investigation, which remains ongoing. Following consultation with Mr. Durham, I have determined that, in light of the extraordinary circumstances relating to these matters, the public interest warrants Mr. Durham continuing this investigation pursuant to the powers and independence afforded by the Special Counsel regulations,” Barr said in the appointment order, which was dated Oct. 19, 2020.

“The Special Counsel is authorized to investigate whether any federal official, employee, or any other person or entity violated the law in connection with the intelligence, counterintelligence, or law enforcement activities directed at the 2016 presidential campaigns, individuals associated with those campaigns, and individuals associated with the administration of President Donald J. Trump, including but not limited to Crossfire Hurricane and the investigation of Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III," Barr added. "If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from his investigation of these matters.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/barr-appoints-john-durham-as-special-counsel-to-investigate-further-criminality-in-russia-inquiry
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 10:16:08 pm »
BFD.  This is just an exercise to delay Durham's increasingly unlikely investigations, hopefully until Barr's man Biden gets into office so he can completely scuttle all O'Bastardgate's criminal investigations.

Screw Barr, he's no longer a "disappointment," he's the Enemy now.  He's taken to publicly sabotaging Trump, trying to eject him from office.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 10:17:26 pm »
Never say 'boom' and Barr in the same story.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 10:26:36 pm »
Never say 'boom' and Barr in the same story.

Bingo!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2020, 10:38:42 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 10:41:31 pm »
We have an Emoji for that!

:bingo:

I missed the memo.   I might have been out of the office that day!   :shrug:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2020, 10:52:54 pm »
I missed the memo.   I might have been out of the office that day!   :shrug:

A distinct possibility!  Sorry 'bout that.....
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2020, 10:58:45 pm »

A distinct possibility!  Sorry 'bout that.....
:hattip:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I will NOT comply.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2020, 11:15:51 pm »
Special Counsel or no...
I gotz this feelin' that come January 20, this Durham guy is gonna be outta his job pretty quick...!

Online corbe

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2020, 11:34:02 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2020, 11:34:46 pm »
Special Counsel or no...
I gotz this feelin' that come January 20, this Durham guy is gonna be outta his job pretty quick...!

He wants to be sacked, that's why he's been stalling the investigation he was charged with many moons ago.
I will NOT comply.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2020, 12:28:26 am »
Every time I see BOOM in a headline all I can think of is this.

And I am afraid that it is more exciting than anything to do with Barr and Durham, I hope I'm wrong but............

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2020, 09:39:24 am »
Special Counsel or no...

"The Archbishop has had a terrible accident." Idi Amin

and other such events...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2020, 10:10:44 am »
"BOOM", my ass!

FOUR dadgum years of an 'investigation' and not a single indictment and/or arrest.

Now, we're supposed to get excited about an appointment of the same Swamp Rat to "General Counsel"??

Stuff it.  It's pitchforks and torches time!  Giddy-Up, Rawhide!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald