Author Topic: Cher greets ‘world’s loneliest elephant’ after seven-hour flight to Cambodia  (Read 562 times)

rangerrebew

Cher greets ‘world’s loneliest elephant’ after seven-hour flight to Cambodia

Kaavan the elephant was met by his biggest celebrity fan at Siem Reap airport on Monday
US pop singer Cher gestures in front of the crate of Kaavan the Asian elephant upon his arrival in Cambodia from Pakistan at Siem Reap International Airport on November 30, 2020. AFP

Latest update: ‘Former loneliest elephant in the world’ makes a friend in Cambodia

An elephant flown from captivity in Pakistan to Cambodia on Monday will no longer be the “world’s loneliest” after a rescue that took years to arrange.

The case of Kaavan – an overweight, 36-year-old bull elephant – sparked global uproar from animal rights groups, who petitioned for his move from an Islamabad zoo accused of substandard care and conditions.

His cause was boosted by a spirited social media campaign by the singer Cher, who travelled to Pakistan to see him off.

https://www.thenationalnews.com/world/asia/cher-greets-world-s-loneliest-elephant-after-seven-hour-flight-to-cambodia-1.1120484

rangerrebew

I normally won't read anything which has Cher's name in the article but made an exception here.  She is to be complimented for this action. :0012:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
I hold baby boomers responsible for the celebrity status of cher.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I normally won't read anything which has Cher's name in the article but made an exception here.  She is to be complimented for this action. :0012:

Never been a fan of Cher and Sonny and Cher was a little before my time,

I do like elephants. So good for her. I’m kind of jealous, actually. I’m glad the elephant will finally have a good life.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 03:07:48 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Knox27

Imagine being tortured you entire life only to be set free and be delivered to cher for a last turn of the screw

Offline PeteS in CA

I'd rather Cher's ticket to Phnom Penh had been one-way, but stopped clock and all that.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Geez, way to F up a "feel good story"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I hold baby boomers responsible for the celebrity status of cher.

Don't blame me.  I was buying Led Zeppelin and Rush albums.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

I didn't know Elephants could SKI?

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LottieDah

The one and only time Cher wasn't a total ass.