Author Topic: Does Anyone Follow The Goldwater Institute ?  (Read 525 times)

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Does Anyone Follow The Goldwater Institute ?
« on: November 29, 2020, 04:14:06 pm »
I've kept my eye on them at a distance.

I am considering donating to them on a regular basis.

They seem to do some good work.

Looking for any thoughts people might have.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
Re: Does Anyone Follow The Goldwater Institute ?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 10:27:53 pm »
This is from their website. 

In the "About" tab....

The U.S. Constitution provides a basic minimum of protection for individual rights, while leaving states free to enact laws that protect those rights more broadly. That’s why we direct our efforts at the states, the “laboratories of democracy,” to introduce innovative ideas that expand freedom. And that’s why we litigate in state courts to defend individual liberty.

I've seen some of the names associated with the institute show up on CATO's site.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 11:07:08 pm »
 :shrug:

Sorry, no idea, never worked with them.  I met Barry's son once and he struck me as a total A-Hole.  In 1990 they created a special Congressional District for him stretching all the way from Litchfield in the far West Valley to my place in the SE Valley.  He could have been my Congressman, but he never deigned to bother running.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 11:09:41 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 01:18:40 am »
Thanks.

As I mentioned, I've been working to learn more about who is doing what in AZ. 

I'd love to enter in some correspondence with folks over state policy, but have not found anyone to discuss that with.

I also found that there is an LD26 Repbulicans Website.  I contacted them, but have not heard back yet.  I am struggling with the vote differences between 26 and 25.

I would think we could do better.

There is a section in the Goldwater Institute where you can volunteer.  My options are limited, but I want to be as involved as I can be for this next cycle.

I am very much interested to hear more about the "the bench" of upcoming republicans.  You indicated that McCain thwarted the development of conservatives, but he is gone and hopefully, his wife will be too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 01:42:34 am »
Thanks.

As I mentioned, I've been working to learn more about who is doing what in AZ. 

I'd love to enter in some correspondence with folks over state policy, but have not found anyone to discuss that with.

I also found that there is an LD26 Repbulicans Website.  I contacted them, but have not heard back yet.  I am struggling with the vote differences between 26 and 25.

See if you can find a phone number for the District Chairman.  You may get fruit if you find Kelli Ward's contact information, because she can hook you up with that person.  That person can sign-off your request to get appointed Precinct Committeeman.

I would think we could do better.

There is a section in the Goldwater Institute where you can volunteer.  My options are limited, but I want to be as involved as I can be for this next cycle.

I am very much interested to hear more about the "the bench" of upcoming republicans.  You indicated that McCain thwarted the development of conservatives, but he is gone and hopefully, his wife will be too.

The Goldwater Institute is probably your best bet for finding out how to contribute your efforts.  They detested McStain about as much as I do.

=================================================

While I was scrounging around the AZGOP.com site, I found this tidbit.

Founding Of The Republican Party

On July 6, 1854, just after the anniversary of the nation, an anti-slavery state convention was held in Jackson, Michigan. The hot day forced the large crowd outside to a nearby oak grove. At this “Under the Oaks Convention” the first statewide candidates were selected for what would become the Republican Party.

United by desire to abolish slavery, it was in Jackson that the Platform of the Under the Oaks Convention read: “…we will cooperate and be known as REPUBLICANS…” Prior to July, smaller groups had gathered in intimate settings like the schoolhouse in Ripon, Wisconsin. However, the meeting in Jackson would be the first ever mass gathering of the Republican Party.

It seems I'm always brushing up against history.  I used to live in Jackson, MI, a two-minute walk from the spot where the "Under the Oaks Convention" was held.  Still big oaks there.

Here is the email addy for the District Chair of LD26 (as of today.  The Officers Election is the first PC Meeting of 2021, in the first week or two of January):

Raymond Jones:  raymond.c.jones@gmail.com

And here is the email for Kelli Ward, Chairperson of the State GOP:

Kelli Ward:  kelli.ward@azgop.org
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: