Author Topic: Report: Blue-state Migration Could Have Flipped Arizona  (Read 937 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Blue-state Migration Could Have Flipped Arizona
« on: November 29, 2020, 03:46:56 pm »

Joel B. Pollak29 Nov 2020140
2:57

Democrats have been trying to win Arizona for several election cycles, convinced that the growing Latino vote would turn the state blue. But in an election where Republicans grew among Latinos, migration from blue states was a major factor.

That’s the analysis floated by Gene Balk at the Seattle Times, who notes that “priced-out California liberals” have moved to Arizona in large numbers, and migration from Washington State — another liberal stronghold — was second-highest.

He notes:

I looked at census data on state-to-state migration and found that since the 2016 election — from 2017 to 2019 — about 150,000 Californians who are eligible to vote (U.S. citizens, age 18 and older) moved to Arizona. While the data doesn’t tell us anything about the political affiliations of the those movers, California is, of course, one of the bluest states.

But guess which other very-blue state ranks No. 2 after California for sending expats into Arizona. That’s right: Washington.

…

From 2017 to 2019, 43,000 voting-eligible Washingtonians made the move south. While that number can’t compare with California, it’s still surprisingly large.

…

Keep in mind that Biden defeated Trump in Arizona by a margin of about 10,500 votes, so those 43,000 ex-Washingtonians certainly could have made a difference.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/11/29/report-blue-state-migration-could-have-flipped-arizona/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Report: Blue-state Migration Could Have Flipped Arizona
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 03:53:42 pm »
As we say down here:  Don't NY my Florida you liberal assholes.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 04:08:40 pm »
As we say down here:  Don't NY my Florida you liberal assholes.

Yup.  It's the same thing in AZ.  I'm looking forward to this year's redistricting maps.  We got screwed by the cheating Dems years ago when they got a majority of the redistricting commission seats.  The Rats aren't getting the demographic advantage they expected from the Latin vote because a lot of them have conservative values.  It's the whiney little soiboyz from California screwing us over.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 05:18:22 pm »
https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/11/29/report-blue-state-migration-could-have-flipped-arizona/

by JOEL B. POLLAK
29 Nov 2020

Excerpt:
======
Democrats have been trying to win Arizona for several election cycles, convinced that the growing Latino vote would turn the state blue. But in an election where Republicans grew among Latinos, migration from blue states was a major factor.

That’s the analysis floated by Gene Balk at the Seattle Times, who notes that “priced-out California liberals” have moved to Arizona in large numbers, and migration from Washington State — another liberal stronghold — was second-highest.

I looked at census data on state-to-state migration and found that since the 2016 election — from 2017 to 2019 — about 150,000 Californians who are eligible to vote (U.S. citizens, age 18 and older) moved to Arizona. While the data doesn’t tell us anything about the political affiliations of the those movers, California is, of course, one of the bluest states.

But guess which other very-blue state ranks No. 2 after California for sending expats into Arizona. That’s right: Washington.
…

From 2017 to 2019, 43,000 voting-eligible Washingtonians made the move south. While that number can’t compare with California, it’s still surprisingly large.
…

Keep in mind that Biden defeated Trump in Arizona by a margin of about 10,500 votes, so those 43,000 ex-Washingtonians certainly could have made a difference.

More at URL above...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 05:38:21 pm »

by JOEL B. POLLAK
29 Nov 2020

Excerpt:
======

…

…

More at URL above...

I have no doubt ... and that migration, aka amnesty once granted by the DEMS will flip TX and FL and other states and we will never see another GOP seated again.

We are NOT going to win at the ballot box.  The integrity of our electoral process is gone.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2020, 06:35:52 pm »
My family and I moved to Arizona from California and none of us voted blue.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2020, 07:21:01 pm »
Duplicate Topics merged.....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2020, 10:26:37 pm »
O.K.

So, it is just one more headwind to contend with.

I get that.

We can't stop people from moving here.

What can be done to keep AZ red ?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2020, 10:33:04 pm »
O.K.

So, it is just one more headwind to contend with.

I get that.

We can't stop people from moving here.

What can be done to keep AZ red ?

Stop Democrat cheating.  We win honest elections.
I will NOT comply.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2020, 01:13:59 am »
Strange that Cubans fleeing Castro don't vote to implement Castro policies but Americans fleeing Blue states do
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2020, 01:26:41 am »
Strange that Cubans fleeing Castro don't vote to implement Castro policies but Americans fleeing Blue states do

Up until this year, from the stats that I have seen, most Hispanics/Cubans (and I'm primarily referring to the Miami-Dade area) voted liberal -- this year they voted against Biden.  Trump won FL easily.  I saw a huge glimmer of hope at that point.

With all the fraud/corruption that went on, who knows, but I find it unlikely that those fleeing Blue states would vote Biden.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2020, 01:56:23 am »
Up until this year, from the stats that I have seen, most Hispanics/Cubans (and I'm primarily referring to the Miami-Dade area) voted liberal -- this year they voted against Biden.  Trump won FL easily.  I saw a huge glimmer of hope at that point.

With all the fraud/corruption that went on, who knows, but I find it unlikely that those fleeing Blue states would vote Biden.

I guess it depends on why they are fleeing.  The ones escaping the forest fires are probably still soy-boy leftists.
I will NOT comply.