Author Topic: 6,000 years of arrows emerge from melting Norwegian ice patch  (Read 1232 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
6,000 years of arrows emerge from melting Norwegian ice patch
« on: November 29, 2020, 01:24:09 pm »
Not a Lot of People Know That by Paul Homewood 11/29/2020

Archaeologists in Norway have discovered dozens of arrows—some dating back 6,000 years—melting out of a 60-acre ice patch in the county’s high mountains.

Expeditions to survey the Langfonne ice patch in 2014 and 2016, both particularly warm summers, also revealed copious reindeer bones and antlers, suggesting that hunters used the ice patch over the course of millennia. Their hunting technique stayed the same even as the weapons they used evolved from stone and river shell arrowheads to iron points.

Now the research team is revealing the finds in a paper published today in the journal Holocene. A record-setting total of 68 complete and partial arrows (and five arrowheads) were ultimately discovered by the team on and around the melting ice patch–more than archaeologists have recovered from any other frozen site in the world. Some of the projectiles date to the Neolithic period while the most “recent” finds are from the 14th century A.D…

While the sheer number of historical projectiles is stunning, the Langfonne discoveries are also upending generally accepted ideas in the relatively new specialty of ice-patch archaeology, and yielding new clues as to ice’s potential to preserve or destroy evidence from the past over the course of thousands of years…

More: https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2020/11/29/6000-years-of-arrows-emerge-from-melting-norwegian-ice-patch/#more-47656

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: 6,000 years of arrows emerge from melting Norwegian ice patch
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 04:14:08 pm »
Arrow heads and animal bones under the ice patch? Like it hasn't always been an ice patch and current melting is not a unique catastrophe? Heresy!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: 6,000 years of arrows emerge from melting Norwegian ice patch
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 04:34:41 pm »
One home of ours, (my wife's parents) is a few miles from the biggest historical Indian settlement in North America. 

I'll bet you 10 bucks, that with a rake, and 30 minutes, I can find numerous arrow heads on their hillside. No archelogical study needed for that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.