Author Topic: Why Is Big Media Hiding That Illinois Has Far More COVID Cases Than Florida? Because Illinois Has A  (Read 223 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Why Is Big Media Hiding That Illinois Has Far More COVID Cases Than Florida? Because Illinois Has A Democrat In Charge And Tighter Lockdowns
November 27, 2020 By Jordan Davidson

COVID-19 cases in the United States are growing, but the media is selectively covering the states with the highest numbers.

On Tuesday, the United States reported there were at least 2,216 new COVID-19 deaths and approximately 178,200 new cases. Some states, despite strict coronavirus mandates and guidelines meant to prevent spread, are suffering from the most cases and deaths. Instead, however, big news seems to be focused on continuing to shame GOP politicians for refusing to completely shut down their states again.

Nearly every week in June and July, mainstream media news outlets singled out and slammed Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis for rising COVID-19 numbers as the state remained largely open and unmasked. Headlines such as “Florida shatters US record for new single-day Covid-19 cases,” “Florida’s governor just can’t seem to get it right on coronavirus,” “Florida Shatters Record For New Coronavirus Cases, Orders Bars To Close,” “Florida shatters records with over 10,000 new COVID-19 cases in single day,” “Disney World reopens even as coronavirus cases soar in Florida and across U.S.,” “In Florida, COVID-19 Death Toll Keeps Rising,” “Florida invited the nation to its reopening — then it became a new coronavirus epicenter,” ran rampant across news websites and broadcast programs.

Months after outlets such as CNN, NPR, the Washington Post, and others continually targeted Florida for increasing coronavirus cases, the corporate media ignored Illinois, which recorded 15,415 cases in just one day. That’s more than Florida ever reported in a single day, yet Florida is singled out for negative news attention.

“This is despite Illinois’ population being 40% lower,” Youyang Gu, creator of a COVID-19 projection website reported.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/11/27/why-is-big-media-hiding-that-illinois-has-far-more-covid-cases-than-florida-because-illinois-has-a-democrat-in-charge-and-tighter-lockdowns/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

From Worldometers this morning, https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/ :

Cases per million population: Florida, 44,775; Illinois, 55,043

Deaths per million population: Florida, 850; Illinois, 994

New cases on 11/25: Florida, 8,376; Illinois, 11,378

Deaths on 11/25: Florida, 91; Illinois, 178

Comparing the two daily deaths graphs as a whole, FL got hit during the summer while IL did not. But now IL is getting clobbered while FL's daily deaths are only up slightly. I suspect IL's more onerous shutdown simply shifted new cases and deaths into the fall, where the weather would let the virus be more infectious. Until augmented by vaccines, the degree of herd immunity in the US will be people who got the virus and recovered. IL hindered that unpleasant natural process during the summer, and now is paying the price for doing so.

Immunology (or whatever the appropriate -ology is) seems a more dismal science than economics, IMO.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I swear IL's governor looks like an extra on the Sorprano's set. 

Can't beleive over 50% of any state would want this guy.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

Comparing the two daily deaths graphs as a whole, FL got hit during the summer while IL did not. But now IL is getting clobbered while FL's daily deaths are only up slightly.

In the summer, Floridians kept their homes closed up with the A/C running while people up North enjoyed leaving their windows open.  Now with cooler weather, Northerners are closing their houses and turning on the heat while Floridians are opening their windows and letting outside air in.

This ain't rocket science.  Yesterday, New York found itself back in the top five.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Is the reported # of Covid cases correlative to the number of Covid fatalities?

From what I have read, increasing # cases derive from more tests, yet the fatality rate per # cases has dramatically decreased.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I swear IL's governor looks like an extra on the Sorprano's set. 

Can't beleive over 50% of any state would want this guy.

His money and the Illinois Rat machine boss Mike Madigan made him Gov. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

Democrats are going to go after DeSantis hard in 2022, because they know if he wins then, he will become the frontrunner for POTUS in 2024. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Democrats are going to go after DeSantis hard in 2022, because they know if he wins then, he will become the frontrunner for POTUS in 2024.
Don't you know the fool Jebbie is standing up against him at every turn.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Don't you know the fool Jebbie is standing up against him at every turn.

The littlest of the shrub babies is not very well thought of here.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Is the reported # of Covid cases correlative to the number of Covid fatalities?

From what I have read, increasing # cases derive from more tests, yet the fatality rate per # cases has dramatically decreased.
More or less, the correlation's been steady at a little over 1% in most places ever since summer, though there is a few weeks' lag between diagnosis and death. The states hit the earliest were caught without adequate testing and missed a huge chunk of milder or asymptomatic cases. (Plus stuff like ventilators and hydroxychloroquine used at the early part of the pandemic were later proven not to be all that effective, and doctors adjusted their strategies.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024