Author Topic: Alyssa Milano’s Attempt To Make Peace With Trump Supporters Backfires  (Read 758 times)

rangerrebew

Alyssa Milano’s Attempt To Make Peace With Trump Supporters Backfires
By  Emily Zanotti
•
Nov 25, 2020   DailyWire.com

After spending much of President Donald Trump’s tenure in office arguing with — and often insulting — his supporters, actress Alyssa Milano offered an “olive branch” to Republicans on Twitter Tuesday night, urging those who disagree with her to move “#ForwardTogether” now that Joe Biden looks to be the next occupant of the White House.

“I’d like to extend an olive branch to Trump supporters. I am ready to move #ForwardTogether,” Milano tweeted.

“There’s so much work to do to heal the nation,” she added. “Let’s be a part of the solution and not add to the problems we face. My comments are open. Please reply with #ForwardTogether.”

The actress sealed the offer with a heart emoji.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/alyssa-milano-tried-to-make-peace-with-trump-supporters-on-twitter-it-backfired-spectacularly?itm_source=parsely-api&utm_source=cnemail&utm_medium=email&utm_content=112620-news&utm_campaign=position1

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Talentless hack who used to be pretty.  Her only claim to modern revelance has been her attacks on Trump.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online dfwgator

You know where you can stick that olive branch, Alyssa.

Offline PeteS in CA

She's gotten push-back from hate-driven Proggies and from Rs and conservatives who aren't willing to forgives & forget being called Nazis and racists and everything-evil-ist (including by her!). That she didn't foresee push-back from both shows how incredibly stupid she is.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Olive branch?
Ms. Milano, you can jes' kiss my a$$.
And... (he turns around at the computer)... HERE IT IS !!!

Offline LegalAmerican

"Forward",  is a communist slogan.  Then she insults TRUMP supporters again!   BIDEN is the solution?   VOTER FRAUD.

Offline LMAO

What she is asking is others give up their political beliefs to accommodate her agenda. I hear this a lot from those who voted for Biden. My reply to those I hear is if they weren't willing to give up their  beliefs during the Trump era(and they shouldn't) what makes them  think conservatives will give up theirs?

It's the ultimate arrogance
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 05:10:52 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

#CantUniteNotTogether  :whistle:

Offline LegalAmerican

Olive branch?
Ms. Milano, you can jes' kiss my a$$.
And... (he turns around at the computer)... HERE IT IS !!!

:thumbsup:

Offline PeteS in CA

An interesting, thoughtful take:

https://www.christianpost.com/voices/my-response-to-an-olive-branch-from-alyssa-milano.html
My response to an olive branch from Alyssa Milano
By Michael Brown, CP Op-Ed Contributor

I felt to respond differently, tweeting: “By all means, let's seek to heal the nation. #ForwardTogether!

“3 questions for you:

“1) For what past comments can you now apologize?

“2) Can you have a civil conversation with pro-life Christians?

“3) Would you have accepted an olive branch from Trump supporters Nov 2016?”

These questions were meant to be sincere, even if my tweet was buried among thousands of other responses and never even seen by Milano.

My point was to say this: I will sit and talk with almost anyone who has an opposing ideological or spiritual or political point of view as long as they are willing to have an honest exchange of ideas. To refuse to do so is to shut all possible doors of communication, destroy any possible bridges of understanding, and eliminate all possible efforts at outreach.
As for my three questions, let’s say Biden wanted to make peace with Trump. He would have to apologize for laying the blame for more than 200,000 COVID deaths at Trump’s feet. Conversely, Trump would have to apologize for exaggerated or false charges against Biden.

So, my first question to Milano was: “For what past comments can you now apologize?”

She recently said that voting for Trump is choosing hate. She also said that you cannot love America and vote for Trump. Is she willing to recognize how harshly and broadly she judged tens of millions of voters? (Ms. Milano, if by chance you’re reading this, I’d genuinely love to hear your response.)

Michael Brown is a frequent contributor to Christian Post.

Much as I'd love to be proven wrong, I expect Milano's responses would uncover the fauxniness of her "olive branch".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
#CantUniteNotTogether  :whistle:
I Cee what U Noted There... :whistle:
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online roamer_1

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
:cool:
Yep.  :beer:
She just Can't Understand Normal Thinking....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Yep.  :beer:
She just Can't Understand Normal Thinking....

Certainly Unfamiliar w/ Negotiation Tactics.

happy77

Offline goatprairie

I mean how many Trump supporters/voters does Milano actually know? She undoubtedly lives in the Hollyweird bubble where wrong-thinkers are ostracized and canceled. I'd like to know the Republicans Milano is currently reaching out to make peace with.
I'm more believing if a Trump supporter unilaterally reached out to Milano, she sic her pit bulls on that person if not have her bodyguards beat the living daylights out of them.

Offline skeeter

Olive branch my arse. Like all in her trade she’s a shallow self absorbed ninny who’s now trying to take the moral high ground